Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

took off JB4, DP's, FMIC, and DCI...

Just to feel what stock feels like again. You know what? it really isn't that bad! Quiet, and SMOOOOTH. I'm not too sure if I will be putting the downpipes on again or not. I don't know why I take mods off and put them back on multiple times, but at least it gives me something fun to do. For some reason the car feels smoother than before, and I can't expain why. I really can't tell you why I made this post either, but I did. I'll slap it all back on this weekend.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Just to feel what stock feels like again. You know what? it really isn't that bad! Quiet, and SMOOOOTH. I'm not too sure if I will be putting the downpipes on again or not. I don't know why I take mods off and put them back on multiple times, but at least it gives me something fun to do. For some reason the car feels smoother than before, and I can't expain why. I really can't tell you why I made this post either, but I did. I'll slap it all back on this weekend.
    Stock was never bad for me...it was a bit slow but never had an issue lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

LOL I don't really get it but you don't seem to either. Hey, whatever, good to change setups for fun. Going back to stock likely makes you appreciate the mods more when you put them back on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

stock everything makes my car feel like its broken. It honestly makes the car feel naturally aspirated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

lol with a jb4, just go to map 0....that's stock >_< doesn't stay there for long though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

man, i need a n54...you guys are having too much fun with the massive aftermarket and its still growing!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

You must be really bored Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, I would leave.the DPs off and put the.rest back.
    You will appreciate the quietness and still have lots of power to play with.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

You must be really bored Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, I would leave.the DPs and DCI off and put the.rest back on.
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Haha Ryan, always having fun in the garage lol. Good to see you still go it easy!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Tonight, I mod the 335! I'll probably do the intercooler and JB4. Just me, some beer, slacker, and a nice cool garage now that this front rolled through. WOO!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

lol as long as you're having fun dude, who cares Click here to enlarge enjoy it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

If you only knew how many times he took out the clutch in his GTI haha.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HG335i Click here to enlarge
    stock everything makes my car feel like its broken. It honestly makes the car feel naturally aspirated.
    Thats what BMW was hoping to achieve!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, I would leave.the DPs off and put the.rest back.
    I would expect a cone filter intake to be noisy, but not down pipes. Do DPs really add to in-cabin noise?!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

The downpipes are only really noticeable during a cold startup, when the exhaust timing is retarded. After 30 or so seconds, it's nearly quiet as stock. I ended up putting the downpipes and the DCI back on this weekend, so everything is back on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Stock 335 is great. With Mods, it's even better.