Close

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    148
    Rep Points
    196.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

    2008 535i - Cobb AP Stg1 v203 with BMS DCI's - datalogs

    So I got home to a great surprise - my Cobb AP. Plugged it into the OBDII port, it automatically found my ECU, then I downloaded the ECU data and uploaded Stg1 93 IJE0S v203 map. I only had time to 2 0-60 runs on it but I did log those.

    Setup is BMS DCI's and the Cobb AP. Everything else is stock.

    I'm not very good at reading these yet but, personally, the car took off so damn fast before I did a log (from 30-80) that, honestly, I think I almost wet myself. Wow what a difference. Besides the butt dynometer, the intake is certainly louder now. I did feel some (what I can guess) are throttle closures. Not sure if that is good or bad. I realy cannot read these yet as I am new to FI so I'd appreciate any thoughts/opinions on what you are seeing.

    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    31
    Rep Points
    71.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    If what I am seeing is what i think it is, it looks like you are hitting 15-16 lbs of boost? AFR was between 11.8 and 12.2? That seems a little lean, but I don't know what's considered "safe"?

    What fuel were you running?
    JB4, R1 slotted and drilled, AR meth elbow, BMS/CM FSB meth, Scuba-Steveo intake scoop

    Sell me your 535i/xi AR kitless downpipes!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    148
    Rep Points
    196.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Running shell 93 octane. It was about 78 degrees outside and as you can tell from the load, there were some hills.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,683
    Rep Points
    3,335.6
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steveo Click here to enlarge
    If what I am seeing is what i think it is, it looks like you are hitting 15-16 lbs of boost? AFR was between 11.8 and 12.2? That seems a little lean, but I don't know what's considered "safe"?

    What fuel were you running?
    AFR is spot on actually...logs look great!
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    1,528
    Rep Points
    1,177.6
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    yep they look great!
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    148
    Rep Points
    196.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Dzenno - Thank you very much! I appreciate you taking the time to check them out!
    Enrita - Ditto - thank you for checking them out!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,814.0
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xclone Click here to enlarge
    I did feel some (what I can guess) are throttle closures. Not sure if that is good or bad.
    How could you tell exactly? Doesn't sound good if it isn't smooth.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    148
    Rep Points
    196.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Hey Sticky.. When I get into higher RPM's, I can feel a definite "racheting" of the acceleration before shifting into lower gear. With the research I've done and the limited knowledge I have, it seems like it would be throttle closures but the log didn't show that. I moved down to the Oct 91 maps and there's les power but the racheting disappears. It could certainly be driver error and I'll try it out again soon.

    The other thing I noticed is my MPG has gone to crap. Probably because I romp on the pedal far too much. Click here to enlarge Wheeeee! lol.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mildenhall, UK
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    681.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xclone Click here to enlarge
    The other thing I noticed is my MPG has gone to crap. Probably because I romp on the pedal far too much. Click here to enlarge Wheeeee! lol.
    Lol that will do it. But what's the point of getting the tune if you care about MPG. Congratz!
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,814.0
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xclone Click here to enlarge
    ey Sticky.. When I get into higher RPM's, I can feel a definite "racheting" of the acceleration before shifting into lower gear. With the research I've done and the limited knowledge I have, it seems like it would be throttle closures but the log didn't show that. I moved down to the Oct 91 maps and there's les power but the racheting disappears. It could certainly be driver error and I'll try it out again soon.
    If the ratcheting disappears once you move down to 91 octane maps I don't think that is a coincidence.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Posts
    148
    Rep Points
    196.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If the ratcheting disappears once you move down to 91 octane maps I don't think that is a coincidence.
    That's what I am thinking. I am going to remove the DCI this week, go back to a stock airbox and run it to see if it is still there. A possibility is since I am still in 2nd when I feel it, it could be my foot wavering on the pedal a bit. 3rd gear will be easier to tell if the issue remains - just need to find a flat stretch to safely check that out.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,814.0
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xclone Click here to enlarge
    That's what I am thinking. I am going to remove the DCI this week, go back to a stock airbox and run it to see if it is still there. A possibility is since I am still in 2nd when I feel it, it could be my foot wavering on the pedal a bit. 3rd gear will be easier to tell if the issue remains - just need to find a flat stretch to safely check that out.
    Let us know what happens when the DCI is removed.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •