Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NickG Click here to enlarge
    Yes.
    Noice!

Although OBDII is fantastic for knock detection/safeguard and lots of datalogging, correct?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by highboostingm3 Click here to enlarge
    Noice!

Although OBDII is fantastic for knock detection/safeguard and lots of datalogging, correct?
    I wouldn't say fantastic, but rather, VASTLY SUPERIOR!! Click here to enlarge

There's a reason why I convert cars from OBD1 to OBD2....to take advantage of technology and advancements in engine management. Why some tuners go backwards is beyond me Click here to enlarge

But yeah, OBD2 has great knock detection, adaption, control algorithms, live data streaming, etc. I feel it's a better system that produces better results and is easier to tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NickG Click here to enlarge
    I wouldn't say fantastic, but rather, VASTLY SUPERIOR!! Click here to enlarge

There's a reason why I convert cars from OBD1 to OBD2....to take advantage of technology and advancements in engine management. Why some tuners go backwards is beyond me Click here to enlarge

But yeah, OBD2 has great knock detection, adaption, control algorithms, live data streaming, etc. I feel it's a better system that produces better results and is easier to tune.
    Thank you so much for posting this wonderful information Nick. I can answer your question: "Why some tuners go backwards is beyond me Click here to enlarge" Answer: "Because they can't tune OBDII." There you have it! Click here to enlarge

In fact, Michael at TRM is so stoked on OBDII now that he sees the type of advantages you speak of above, he isn't even that pumped on OBDI anymore..or at least once he has OBDII 100% ironed out. I am pulling teeth trying to get an 80lb remote tune and I also want to try for a multi-tune as well so I can go to the strip soon with Antilag a pop pop poppin'! Click here to enlarge
    | Finally I got a photographer to take some decent shots from the beach. Me 8/22/2010 loving San Diego! |
    | TRM | The Racers Market | Turbo M3 | 559whp@18psi | Dynojet Confirmed 6-1-2010 |
    | Video of the session when the pic above was taken! In HD! |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hate to bump a few month old thread, but I'm trying to do all my research and get my ducks in a row. I read somewhere that there are different OBD2 ecu's, one being more preferred.

What are their identifying characteristics(ie how can I tell what I have or what I need) and what makes one better over the other?

Thanks in advance!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by exvitermini Click here to enlarge
    Hate to bump a few month old thread, but I'm trying to do all my research and get my ducks in a row. I read somewhere that there are different OBD2 ecu's, one being more preferred.

What are their identifying characteristics(ie how can I tell what I have or what I need) and what makes one better over the other?

Thanks in advance!
    Why vehicle/motor are you applying this to?

No harm in bumping an old thread if it is for a valid reason, which it is.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a 97 m3 with the stock s52.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would contact Nick G of TT for tuning, or Trm. If you want standalone Mike R of Max Psi. All others weep, and beep

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't find anything on two different E36 M3 OBDII ECU's. There are different software versions for the Siemens MSS50 if that might be what you mean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    I would contact Nick G of TT for tuning, or Trm. If you want standalone Mike R of Max Psi. All others weep, and beep

My intent was to go to TRM once I got the setup together, as they are only about 6hrs away from me. I've read tons of good things about NickG, but he is in Florida, about 16ish hours. Little far for me to want to travel. I will be talking to Mike R before it's all over with as I have some friends that know him very well from when I was messing with the Evo's. I just haven't wanted to call and waste anyone's time on the phone until I had tried to get all the answers myself, that way I'm not annoying them Click here to enlarge

Sticky, thanks for the input Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, thanks for the input
    My pleasure.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345