Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Which kit to get??

Hi everyone,this is my first post so go easy...im based in the uk...thinking about supercharging my e90m3 but not sure which ESS kit to go for??is there
    A big difference between the 575,600,625 kits???
    i had a e46 m3 & supercharged it with a ESS cfr525
    Kit and was very happy with the results so thats
    Why im looking at ESS again,thought about g-power but the cost at least 40% more money...
    Would like your thoughts on the ess range please
    05 E46 m3 ESS cfr525 supercharged
    03 c32 amg pulley kit uprated cooler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here's a link to their site with their different kits
    http://www.esstuning.com/categories/...252dSeries/M3/

there would be too much to write to tell you the differences. Pretty much the higher the number, the more power you would get.

I'd also look into the AA and Gintani kits they have better proven results and reputation.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A buddy in Taiwan is selling his Gpower stage II kit.. you should hit him up...

@EUGENE-Taiwan
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you are buying brand new definitely ESS over G-power.

You should just get the best kit offering the most power for your fuel quality.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    A buddy in Taiwan is selling his Gpower stage II kit.. you should hit him up...

@EUGENE-Taiwan
    that would be ME! hit me up I'm selling this kit ASAP! willing to do a deal
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    I'd also look into the AA and Gintani kits they have better proven results and reputation.
    Hmm, would argue AA has neither proven better results or better reputation in terms of SC'ing the e9xM's... certainly not after the mystery AA SC blown engine cover-up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NatAsp-M3 Click here to enlarge
    Hmm, would argue AA has neither proven better results or better reputation in terms of SC'ing the e9xM's... certainly not after the mystery AA SC blown engine cover-up.
    AA has a really good reputation so i don't know where you get your info. I have the record right now for the fastest trapping e90 m3 in 1/4 miles with an AA kit.
    F10 M5 : ??????
    E90 M3: 11.2 126.7 with a 1.8 60ft Street Tires, Stock Interior,DSC on

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it comes down to your preference, all kits are pretty good. They all come with their amount of haters. I like Gintani and AA, both pretty good in my books
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Don't know why people say that these companies have bad reputation. both AA and ESS have good reputation... As far as choosing which of the ESS kit to go with, i agree with what Sticky said. Take the biggest one possible to the fuel quality. I think they have good fuel quality in UK, so the biggest would be this one http://www.esstuning.com/products/E9...er-System.html

Good luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You do raise a fair point about that blown motor.

I will say that AA has a great reputation however and there are users here with very nice results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You do raise a fair point about that blown motor.

I will say that AA has a great reputation however and there are users here with very nice results.
    Agreed. I should re-state: "In my mind, the way they handled that blown motor situation brings into question their reputation."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed. I should re-state: "In my mind, the way they handled that blown motor situation brings into question their reputation."
    I agree with your statement.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree with your statement.
    I'm going to be against you guys on this one, and not because we are representatives of Active Autowerke, but because there is more to the story than what was posted/told, and one of the biggest reasons Active was un-responsive was at a request of the OWNER, those guys do NOT hide things, they spend countless hours of R&D and Karl is truly a phenomenal tuner/engineer! Their quality control and product performance speaks for them!

I would have Active on my top 3 list of F/I brands for the S62 hands down!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@lutzperformance Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to be against you guys on this one, and not because we are representatives of Active Autowerke, but because there is more to the story than what was posted/told, and one of the biggest reasons Active was un-responsive was at a request of the OWNER, those guys do NOT hide things, they spend countless hours of R&D and Karl is truly a phenomenal tuner/engineer! Their quality control and product performance speaks for them!

I would have Active on my top 3 list of F/I brands for the S62 hands down!
    +1 i asked about the whole engine and Karl is the man really done to Earth and Smart. The best way i always say is go talk to each company and see who you feel comfortable with and you'll be happy . For me as soon as i spoke with Omar ,Jean and Karl I felt at home and they are always their for you whenever you need.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like active, but Akash I have heard you have ran 60-130 runs but wont post your results. But there is a lot of hear say online. Active has a great reputation, not sure why anyone would say otherwise. And your 1/4 results are great.

And whoever say ESS has a bad rep with this kit is pretty much just making things up. As they havent had one issue and have guys with good results. Now their behavior may be a different story
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    +1 i asked about the whole engine and Karl is the man really done to Earth and Smart. The best way i always say is go talk to each company and see who you feel comfortable with and you'll be happy . For me as soon as i spoke with Omar ,Jean and Karl I felt at home and they are always their for you whenever you need.

Agreed!

We are very close with those guys, and they support their dealers and ensure their customers are taken care of to the best of their ability, not to mention their kit is soooo clean, I think other than G-Power no kit comes close in quality! And I'm not overly fond of the Vortech blower :/ call me crazy but through the years, I've delt with many rebuilds! We have YET to see 1 latest rotrex (which is not on S65 kits) or HKS blower fail or leak!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    I like active, but Akash I have heard you have ran 60-130 runs but wont post your results. But there is a lot of hear say online. Active has a great reputation, not sure why anyone would say otherwise. And your 1/4 results are great.

And whoever say ESS has a bad rep with this kit is pretty much just making things up. As they havent had one issue and have guys with good results. Now their behavior may be a different story
    i have results but as you know all these ess guys love to nit pick everything and i don't care anymore. I think ess makes a cool kit and all but they weren't my choice due a few reasons. I also dont have a Pc( Mac guy) anymore so i need to invest in something cheap if i plan on ever showing those results. If you pm me your email within a few weeks i'll can send you a file of a few 60-130 runs so you can see how the kit performs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@lutzperformance Click here to enlarge
    I'm going to be against you guys on this one, and not because we are representatives of Active Autowerke, but because there is more to the story than what was posted/told, and one of the biggest reasons Active was un-responsive was at a request of the OWNER, those guys do NOT hide things, they spend countless hours of R&D and Karl is truly a phenomenal tuner/engineer! Their quality control and product performance speaks for them! I would have Active on my top 3 list of F/I brands for the S62 hands down!
    I see what you are saying Andrew. Why didn't Active just publicly state what you stated right now to avoid all the speculation?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not exactly, they have definitely had issues but keep them out of the public eye. The stroker build is just one example.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not exactly, they have definitely had issues but keep them out of the public eye. The stroker build is just one example.
    but the stroker is a one off project. Im saying the normal kit, and small issues yes. But im sure thats every company
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    but the stroker is a one off project. Im saying the normal kit, and small issues yes. But im sure thats every company
    True, every company has issues. That is why I don't like how ESS pretends they don't have any when they have had their fair share.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i have results but as you know all these ess guys love to nit pick everything and i don't care anymore. I think ess makes a cool kit and all but they weren't my choice due a few reasons. I also dont have a Pc( Mac guy) anymore so i need to invest in something cheap if i plan on ever showing those results. If you pm me your email within a few weeks i'll can send you a file of a few 60-130 runs so you can see how the kit performs.
    I hear you about the "ess guys". Terrible behavior imo, but that goes for many online. I dont know how to verify the runs, but would definitely be interested in knowing what times you have managed. I dont have a dog in this fight, im just into cars
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hear you about the "ess guys". Terrible behavior imo, but that goes for many online. I dont know how to verify the runs, but would definitely be interested in knowing what times you have managed. I dont have a dog in this fight, im just into cars
    deff man ill let you know and send you some new dynos i have....How do you like the C63 compared to the M3?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    deff man ill let you know and send you some new dynos i have....How do you like the C63 compared to the M3?
    stock vs stock, I think the C63 is more fun as a daily driver. Exhaust note is mean and loud for a stock system, low end torque makes it fun and very easy to drift. On the track there no question the M3 is more agile,better balanced, lighter front end with more front end grip, but the steering feel in the C63 is actually much better and great communication between the front wheels and the steering wheel, the M3 steering feels to computer assisted and falsely weighted.

and thanks would love to know. Just been following this stuff for so long I get interested. For your info with my stage 1 kit I ran 60-130 8.8 on half bald tires and no alignment on my KW V3's. I think the car was capable of lower to mid 8's.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thread is a perfect example of why I like this site. Everyone just put out their own opinion, and that's exactly what the OP wanted... and nobody got banned, LOL. Any FI kit maker that never had a problem just hasn't made enough kits.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast