Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

80 whp with no increase in boost is impressive if true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    80 whp with no increase in boost is impressive if true.
    Well, you know where the results/graphs/info is posted. So you can determine if it's true or not lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Well, you know where the results/graphs/info is posted. So you can determine if it's true or not lol.
    When and if it gets to this board I'll check it out. Until then, no big deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Shiv i asked this question over there, but thanks to SOMEONE i can't post in M3 section. What would be the result of this meth system on S85? do you have any plans for it? i wouldn't mind building an ultimate NA S85.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shiv
    Hi guys,
    Another Procede+PWM Meth update/case study. Yesterday, the owner of the "Darth Maul" M3 drove down from Canada to get a Procede/Meth kit combo installed. For those who aren't familiar with this car, it was a pretty well-known show car a few years ago. It was fitted with a bunch of upgrades including a G-Power supercharger WITH intercooler. Max boost pressure was around 6psi, give or take.

We did not make any changes to they pulleys/boost pressure. All we did was install a Procede+PWM Meth kit and spent a few runs re-tuning it. The car is intercooled (as you can see in the pics) and a LARGE 3 horsepower fan was placed in front of it during the pulls. Without methanol, logged IATs on the dyno were actually a little bit lower than what we see on the street.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

First two runs, with perfectly cooled engine (with Procede and meth disabled):
    Click here to enlarge

Then we simply turned out the PWM meth system. Unlike traditional meth systems, this is metered with a high speed valve which is controlled by the Procede. No changes to actual tuning at this point. With meth on, we picked up some good gains:

Click here to enlarge

Next, we tweaked AFR slightly and added a few deg of ignition advance (via Procede). And since the Procede controls the tune as well as the methanol system, this extra advance and revised AFR only comes into play when methanol is flowing (monitored by flow turbine tube generating a 5v digital signal via hall effects sensor). More power was picked up:

Click here to enlarge

After a bit of cool down, we ran the original G-Power DME tune (Procede and Meth disabled) again. This way we aren't comparing runs on a cold engine (Run 1 and 2) to runs on a warm engine (all the rest). The delta was huge:

Click here to enlarge

So there you have it. Adding a Procede+PWM Meth kit on a mildly boosted M3 that ALREADY has a intercooler was worth as much as 80WHP up top. With nice gains everywhere. Furthermore, the results were consistent and very resistant to heatsoak. Which makes the real-world performance delta even bigger. I have plenty of datalogs that I will post up later.

This is the first Sc'd m3 I've tuned but from what I can tell, it's begging for more boost. Unfortunately, the owner wasn't able to get hands on a new pulley in time. But soon....

This is the same Procede/pwm meth combo that we used in Zoebs NA m3 last week. The only difference is that we are using a higher flowing valve and three 1pm nozzles instead of two. They were mounted in the cone shaped silicon coupler just upstream of the plenum. Underneath so you can't even see them.

Cheers,
    shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Shiv has a good deal going, doesn't he?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Shiv i asked this question over there, but thanks to SOMEONE i can't post in M3 section. What would be the result of this meth system on S85? do you have any plans for it? i wouldn't mind building an ultimate NA S85.
    I was thinking about that engine next since it is essentially the same as the s65 but with two extra cylinders. Id guess that the same exact kit would work on it. Would need a local test car to confirm though. You're not local, are you?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

it depends on your definition of local. is Tehran considered local to you? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

I suppose, in a cosmic sense, Tehran is pretty local to California Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Whoa! Totally unexpected but definitely exciting to hear. Those gains seemed impressive.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great job guys!! Awesome gains.
    Rarely see methanol kits on N/A cars so this is a nice surprise.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Like him or hate him, no matter how you slice it, these are impressive results. Makes me really think about my next car choice. Always loved this motor.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Like him or hate him, no matter how you slice it, these are impressive results. Makes me really think about my next car choice. Always loved this motor.
    Let's see some 1/4 mile times. So far, this has been a bit of marketing using graphs without proven real world results. 

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

<br><br>Let's see some 1/4 mile times. So far, this has been a bit of marketing using graphs without proven real world results.&nbsp;
    This. Im not buying the new marketing. Same idea, trying to implement a piggyback on an M3 since hes been getting shown up in the N54 section and he needs a new herd of sheep to sink his teeth into.

M3 guys prefer flashes from what I see and I dont see them going backwards and reverting to piggybacks for power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

There is someone in the s65 world who just bought an Aquamist HFS-3 which is what the Vishnu kit is based off of. Considering you can buy that kit for 700 dollars from howerton, why mess with the procede on top unless there are gains to be had from timing advance, even then you can always update your flash tune and save the $1000 on the procede.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    There is someone in the s65 world who just bought an Aquamist HFS-3 which is what the Vishnu kit is based off of. Considering you can buy that kit for 700 dollars from howerton, why mess with the procede on top unless there are gains to be had from timing advance, even then you can always update your flash tune and save the $1000 on the procede.
    Not saying I would by the vishnu product if I did have an M3, just impressed regarding its responsiveness to methanol even unboosted. Very solid results.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Not saying I would by the vishnu product if I did have an M3, just impressed regarding its responsiveness to methanol even unboosted. Very solid results.
    But not independent results. They almost seem to be too good...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

But not independent results. They almost seem to be too good...
    I'd trust trap speeds or 60-130 comparisons stock to modded more so than dynojet numbers. Might be easy to fudge a 10 whp gain when marketing an intake, but it's much harder to fudge the gains Shiv has shown on timing + meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I want to see trap speeds or at least more independent results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

On another note, running meth injection on a C63 with proper race tune may show similar gains.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Shiv installed his meth kit on my M3. Made 400whp with highflow cats and exhaust. I tried to post the sheets and pics but couldnt.

OK so today Shiv installed his Proceed and Meth kit on my 2011.5 M3. Lets start with what has been done to my car. I have a magnaflow cat back, a fabspeed resonated xpipe with high flow cats and OE tune. Everything else is stock. My car ran good, felt strong and ive been driving it happily.... Or so i thought.

So we get to EAS and strap the car onto their dyno. We do a couple of base line runs to to see how my car has been running. You can see in the dyno sheet what my car did with my mods and a OE tuning tune. Im not sure if something changed, or what but the results are on paper. You can see these results in BLUE.

Since Shiv wanted to get a stock car/tune pull, i had EAS reflash my ECU with a stock tune. Absolutely awesome. Took an hour and worked like a charm. Again we dyno it with my mods and with the stock tune. You can see the results on the dyno sheet in GREEN.

We then plug in the Proceed and power up the meth. Shiv worked on the tune a bit and the results are shown below in RED. You be the judge.

Click here to enlarge

The sheet shows power, but how does it translate to driving it. Like i said earlier, The car made noise, pulled good and i thought i was doing good. WAS I WRONG! After i left EAS with the Proceed and Meth it felt like a complete different car. Not a yea i feel it.. More like WTF is this the same car. I had more tq, as the needle reached redline i was like omg. As i shifted into 3rd i see the traction light start blinking in MDM mode! It feels like the car is happy to rev. The motor feels smoother even. Shiv did his magic.

Now as you look at my sheets, remember, this is a stock car with high flow cats and exhaust. Nothing else. Stock intake and no pulley on 91 octane pump gas. Click here to enlarge

I would like to thank Shiv. Amazing customer service, great product and cool dude. I would also like to thank Tom at EAS for helping us out with the dyno time and the reflashing back to stock.

Click here to enlarge
    Also, a special thanks to Kenya. Good Girl!
    Last edited by TMR; 12-08-2011 at 12:15 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TMR Click here to enlarge
    Shiv installed his meth kit on my M3. Made 400whp with highflow cats and exhaust. I tried to post the sheets and pics but couldnt.
    Try again now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Consider how I've seen a few degrees of timing due to the car up top N/A and the numbers Shiv is throwing around that he is adding to the total timing - it's NO surprise he's getting these numbers. This car LOVES timing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

OK so today Shiv installed his Proceed and Meth kit on my 2011.5 M3. Lets start with what has been done to my car. I have a magnaflow cat back, a fabspeed resonated xpipe with high flow cats and OE tune. Everything else is stock. My car ran good, felt strong and ive been driving it happily.... Or so i thought.

So we get to EAS and strap the car onto their dyno. We do a couple of base line runs to to see how my car has been running. You can see in the dyno sheet what my car did with my mods and a OE tuning tune. Im not sure if something changed, or what but the results are on paper. You can see these results in BLUE.

Since Shiv wanted to get a stock car/tune pull, i had EAS reflash my ECU with a stock tune. Absolutely awesome. Took an hour and worked like a charm. Again we dyno it with my mods and with the stock tune. You can see the results on the dyno sheet in GREEN.

We then plug in the Proceed and power up the meth. Shiv worked on the tune a bit and the results are shown below in RED. You be the judge.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...dTMRDyno-1.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6MeBtGRcx4

The sheet shows power, but how does it translate to driving it. Like i said earlier, The car made noise, pulled good and i thought i was doing good. WAS I WRONG! After i left EAS with the Proceed and Meth it felt like a complete different car. Not a yea i feel it.. More like WTF is this the same car. I had more tq, as the needle reached redline i was like omg. As i shifted into 3rd i see the traction light start blinking in MDM mode! It feels like the car is happy to rev. The motor feels smoother even. Shiv did his magic.

Now as you look at my sheets, remember, this is a stock car with high flow cats and exhaust. Nothing else. Stock intake and no pulley on 91 octane pump gas. Click here to enlarge

I would like to thank Shiv. Amazing customer service, great product and cool dude. I would also like to thank Tom at EAS for helping us out with the dyno time and the reflashing back to stock.

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...12/kenya-1.png
    Also, a special thanks to Kenya. Good Girl!
    That's pretty darn good but GIAC just hit 400 whp on 91 octane with no meth...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That's pretty darn good but GIAC just hit 400 whp on 91 octane with no meth...
    That car also had a pulley, catless and an intake which i have been told is good for 25whp. I plan to do the intake and pulley next month and will take it back to ESS to see what numbers i can pull.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

That car also had a pulley, catless and an intake which i have been told is good for 25whp.
    Very good and valid points.

I plan to do the intake and pulley next month and will take it back to ESS to see what numbers i can pull.
    Looking forward to it!! I think you meant EAS though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12