Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Another Level 10 AT box upgrade in progress

After over 2 years and many many upgrades my AT decided to start slipping so bad that even at 20 psi i could not keep up with a stage 3 stock turbo meth car .
    Shifting got rough and very abrupt, car started to shake slightly at idle etc etc Click here to enlarge

The next step was to upgrade the Transmission but unfortunately i could not find any viable solutions in Europe in a short period of time. Aware of another forum member pushing 500 whp that went through my same issue and upgraded it with great results so far i decided to venture myself to the same direction.
    I contacted Level 10 in NJ and shipped my transmission there. I got really good feedback and customer support so far Click here to enlarge

I will have my car back in shape in about 2 weeks Click here to enlarge

Here some pictures of the open transmission. The clutch packs are pretty burnt out and there are some deep marks on hub splines:
    Click here to enlarge
    Brand new HD low stall Torque converter
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Last edited by enrita; 09-07-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    is very difficult to notice slippage. at least i did not notice it. What helped me was actuallly racing and pbox times. During last event my times picked up 1 second every run Click here to enlarge .
    Car was overrevving between shifts and did not want to shift anymore from 4-5th gear.
    I would say after 450 whp its a lottery. Maybe using a tranny cooler would help to preserve the tranny longer .

you can clearly know your car is slipping when it starts overrev during shifts. you can also clearly see it if you log. See picture
    Click here to enlarge
    and hear it here:

Here against R1000 really fast 335 running same boost but with stock turbos. Car goes in limp mode because the gearbox does not want to shift anymore from 4th-5th gear
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    congrats man. How much torque your car puts down?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    congrats man. How much torque your car puts down?
    no idea unfortunately , never had the chance to dyno it this year because of various issues and the tranny
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great to see another one of these builds taking place. If two are done and both working well with upgraded turbos that should tell people something.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    more pictures - Gearbox will be finished today and shipped tomorrow.
    this is what has been done to it.

• High energy clutches-The clutches are designed to work with our vb to handle the power
    • Front pump upgrade-The pump works with vb to maintain pressure and to keep transmission cool.
    • Valvebody upgrade-The vb is to send the signal to clutches to handle the power
    • Torque converter-The tc is used to tune for change in torque in engine. (lowstall) And special clutch for lockup

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome pics enrita, looks like the most intense maze ever if you take it at face value lol. but really, thanks for the constant updates here and i look forward to when its completed and installed so you can get back to testing your TD's Click here to enlarge +rep
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice work man! You have put lotss of effort time and $$ into your 335. It show's a lot! Can't wait to see the end results.. maybe by the end of nest week it should be in your hands?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i hope in 2 weeks.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I thought they only put washers in. Or was that just e90post and their awesome threads.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    I thought they only put washers in. Or was that just e90post and their awesome threads.
    lol, that seems to be the case between members "vasilineinmyvagina" and the other guy who stil hasnt shown the pics he promised to guys as far back as 2008, but at least he stopped advertising the other company in his posts Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I still want to see pics of the new clutch discs. Since no one made upgrades before how is it these guys just bang! and had them in the matter of a week or two? are they compatible with some other kind of ZF trans? like are the clutch discs the same size as a GM trans or something?

If everything holds it should turn out to be a beast of a trans..
    Last edited by Itsbrokeagain; 09-09-2011 at 12:18 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    more pictures - Gearbox will be finished today and shipped tomorrow.
    this is what has been done to it.
    • High energy clutches-The clutches are designed to work with our vb to handle the power
    • Front pump upgrade-The pump works with vb to maintain pressure and to keep transmission cool.
    • Valvebody upgrade-The vb is to send the signal to clutches to handle the power
    • Torque converter-The tc is used to tune for change in torque in engine. (lowstall) And special clutch for lockup
    GREAT pictures Enrita!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    I still want to see pics of the new clutch discs. Since no one made upgrades before how is it these guys just bang! and had them in the matter of a week or two? are they compatible with some other kind of ZF trans? like are the clutch discs the same size as a GM trans or something?

If everything holds it should turn out to be a beast of a trans..
    There must be a trick to the clutches. I spoke to a guy local to me (the company that built that 7 sec E30) and he mentioned that he will add a clutch if he builds a box for me. I couldn't get further information out of him as he mentioned he will build the box to torque spec I want and warrant the work. It seems that the upgrades might be simpler than we think and you might be on to something thinking that there are stronger clutches that can fit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice Enrita, Keep us updated with this build. With your build and LM's, this will shut the traps of the know it alls
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looking good !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    on its way !
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sick dude! good luck with it, i'm sure you'll update as always Click here to enlarge be sure to get a good long time with it in different scenarios before making your review public Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats man, almost there.

LOL, level 10 builds 2 transmissions faster than mine gets finished in over a year. Unbelievable...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^^ LOL poor sticky haha

Nice Enrita!! congrats man
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Congrats man, almost there.

LOL, level 10 builds 2 transmissions faster than mine gets finished in over a year. Unbelievable...
    That's because Level 10 only uses washers to upgrade the trans. j/k
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Trans installed and no issues at all Click here to enlarge . Picking up the car tomorrow.
    12 ltr. went in
    my shop told me that when starting in first gear there is a noticeable improvement . Will test it extensively tomorrow though .
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't wait to see more of this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SICK!!!
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome! nice and quick install. cannot wait for your review, even though i don't have an auto. it's just to settle the whole level 10 debate. i'm sure everything will be fine and it should last... enjoy man!
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast