Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hmm...I'll take a look at it this weekend...and try to see if I can mount it somewhere else, if I can mount it under the area closer to the seats that would be idea...but we'll see...I'll let you guy sknow how it works out... :\
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    A local shop I usually go to for body work said they could cut the piece over the battery, fortify it, and then seal it so even if the tank leaks it won't leak on to the battery. Going to be kind of expensive but it'll be what I want and look pretty good. Now I just have to run the lines all the way so that they can mount the tank. I'll post pics of the install if I can and I'll definitely post pics of the finish product no matter what! Click here to enlarge

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

OK, so I put the charge pipe in myself...
    1) HOLY HELL, taking off the stock charge pipe is ridiculous, it has a puzzle lock on the back and it's positioned so you can't get to it. I ended up just cutting it off and saying $#@! it. Also, I had a good amount of oil in my charge pipe, I think that means I should go ahead and get an OCC. I have pics but they're on my friend's phone, so I'll get them up as soon as I get them.

2) My meth kit should be installed tomorrow or early next week, depending on the availability of the shop. Should be fun!

3) I cleaned my DCI and I'm letting them dry now, but do they normally discolor a bit? Part of my filters are still red and about half of both is a grey.

Will post pics and keep everyone informed as time goes on and things progress. Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Pics of the puzzle lock on the charge pipe...
    Click here to enlarge

Pics of the oil in my charge pipe...
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    3) I cleaned my DCI and I'm letting them dry now, but do they normally discolor a bit? Part of my filters are still red and about half of both is a grey.
    Yes, it will lose its color over time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Is that amount of oil in my charge pipe normal? Or something I should try to remedy?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

get an OCC, that's exactly what it's purpose is. the amount of oil isn't bad, i've seen much worse (not personally, i've had a catch can from nearly the day Riss released theirs)
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Anyone know which ones fit the 535? I read somewhere a long time ago that the BSH one didn't fit the 5's...I could be wrong...

I did some searching in the Garage and there is at least one other 535i that has the BSH OCC...I'll look into it. I didn't plan on spending another 250 on an OCC but looks like it's a must for me...Anyone use the RSD one? Any big differences?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

i would be surprised if the BSH didn't fit. it comes with hoses and the unit. the only reason it would not fit would be because the pcv hoses on the 5 are for whatever reason larger/smaller than normal, but why would they be, its a n54 after all. what i suggest though is when you apply it, you'll see the right side hose kinks in order to feed it to the catch can, what i did to remedy this is put a tight fit, soft spring, around the hose, so it had no choice but to not distort until the end of the spring and by that point the line was being fed in the right direction and not under stress.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    627 Post(s)

We're working on an OCC option. Nice custom aluminum can we're having made by our CNC shop neighbor. I think you guys will like it. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

ETA on that?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but dropped the car off this morning for the Meth install...will post pics and stuff as I get it back... Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Sorry to revive a dead thread, but dropped the car off this morning for the Meth install...will post pics and stuff as I get it back... Click here to enlarge
    Cool, let us know how you like the meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Question: so the amount of line given to me by CM is a little short...what sort of lines are acceptable to use and what type of connectors should I run? I'm seeing kits that use nylon tubes and some that use others...any quick response would be appreciated. thanks.

Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12