Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Irishace Click here to enlarge
    Those will suffice. Thanks, look forward to seeing the beast!
    heh, me too!! it'll actually be my first dyno, post upp'd turbos, virtual or otherwise. will be interesting to compare the torque and hp curves to a FBO: stock turbo and then RB turbo car since that would be hard to do on a real dyno without all three cars there on the same day and such. is there any way to overlay? or is each car different in that/a sense.

my real excitement about all this is my airbox, it really will limit me when stationary on a dyno, dyno shops are really skimping on fans lol. being able to roadtest/log and have that turned into a dyno is the best of both worlds, and should be for anyone, closed airbox or open filter element, it replicates road air speed because that's exactly what it is!
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    heh, me too!! it'll actually be my first dyno, post upp'd turbos, virtual or otherwise. will be interesting to compare the torque and hp curves to a FBO: stock turbo and then RB turbo car since that would be hard to do on a real dyno without all three cars there on the same day and such. is there any way to overlay? or is each car different in that/a sense.

my real excitement about all this is my airbox, it really will limit me when stationary on a dyno, dyno shops are really skimping on fans lol. being able to roadtest/log and have that turned into a dyno is the best of both worlds, and should be for anyone, closed airbox or open filter element, it replicates road air speed because that's exactly what it is!
    I like the tool cause it shows real world under load power. Dyno's are great and all but nothing beats real world testing.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here's my contribution to the thread.

MAP7, DCI, Stett CP w/forge dv's, Meth *70/30 SLX Denatured Alky*
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

hey sorry guys, i know i promised a log today. when lamia picked me up to drop his car off at asr, and of course pick mine up, i asked him to bring his logging computer. so on our way back to his place we plugged in and started selecting parameters, he couldn't find RPM strangely enough and i couldn't divert attention from the road (more traffic than i expected for ~11am). so without RPM there's really no point in logging because you have no reference point. so i took him home and made this video of my dash leaving palm island onto 395. again i was limited by traffic, i would have loved to drop 4th and watch that needle move! hope the video i post in my other thread is enough of a temporary supplement until i can get a proper log posted (i suck at logging too which is why i recruited frank, since i had to take him home anyway) or until i can get on a real dyno.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

what we need is a list of what parameters and their names to log because i was lost
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I don't understand, are you running procede? If so, run a normal log and email or post the csv. I can do the rest. I assume procede logs rpm, timestamp, boost, ignition, afr, etc. Its pretty basic.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

I can run the procede logs, but can't seem to plot boost or AFR. I go to options and enter the column name, but nothing plots.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I don't understand, are you running procede? If so, run a normal log and email or post the csv. I can do the rest. I assume procede logs rpm, timestamp, boost, ignition, afr, etc. Its pretty basic.
    yea the issue was though when selecting the parameters we couldnt find RPM for some strange reason, and without that, as stated, there's no reference to the rest of the parameters. i almost never log, i have abid do it after he tunes the car, next time im at asr i'll just ask him to run the car and log it with the parameters mentioned (as a matter of fact, in the near future, i may be dropping by asr after a trip to active with DBFIU if he has the extra time). sorry for my ignorance and poor foresight. i thought it would be easy, we had all the parameters including an addition to them, meth flow, but lamia could not for the life of him find RPM, which was the most important one imo.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Doesn't the proceed csv files contain all parameters as being separate from what is shown in the guy while logging as the jb4?
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

yea the issue was though when selecting the parameters we couldnt find RPM for some strange reason, and without that, as stated, there's no reference to the rest of the parameters. i almost never log, i have abid do it after he tunes the car, next time im at asr i'll just ask him to run the car and log it with the parameters mentioned (as a matter of fact, in the near future, i may be dropping by asr after a trip to active with DBFIU if he has the extra time). sorry for my ignorance and poor foresight. i thought it would be easy, we had all the parameters including an addition to them, meth flow, but lamia could not for the life of him find RPM, which was the most important one imo.
    you don't need to select either RPM or boost...they're automatically always included...just do a log and post the csv..someone else can plot it on here...no worries about that

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

ahhhh that would make sense why lamia could not find that parameter then! because it was pre-selected even though it didn't show up on either side of the box of selections... i don't have a laptop for logging personally but hopefully i can get a log posted soon. either through asr or with lamia again. sorry for my blunder! if only i was more of a diy home-tuner, this would have been done day-of.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

ahhhh that would make sense why lamia could not find that parameter then! because it was pre-selected even though it didn't show up on either side of the box of selections... i don't have a laptop for logging personally but hopefully i can get a log posted soon. either through asr or with lamia again. sorry for my blunder! if only i was more of a diy home-tuner, this would have been done day-of.
    Not trying to be dick but you really should own a netbook or something to do some logging every once in a while especially considering you are running high boost with big turbos. Without logging, you really have no way to understand the health of your car.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Not trying to be dick but you really should own a netbook or something to do some logging every once in a while especially considering you are running high boost with big turbos. Without logging, you really have no way to understand the health of your car.
    no offence taken buddy. and you would be right under most circumstances. but being in such proximity to asr i have a lot of confidence. he makes the maps for me and its never been an issue. he runs a diagnostic afterward, not recording a log but monitoring the key variables i guess, we go for test runs. after that i take the car back and if i come up with any issues he's a call and 30min drive away. and i also have a good idea of how an engine works, mechanically speaking, and i also have a great understanding of the n54, just because of all the mods and bugs we've done/had. so when something goes awry, i have a good idea whats up. anyway, point is i'm not backing out of my word. i will post a proper log when i can.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

oddjob, where's the log dude? i need to see a log off the damn car so we can dyno it lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

i hope to log the car after i take it in to be serviced for the brake issue that just got dropped on me. i'm not hiding/going anywhere man. and also lamia and i are trying to fit in a time we can both dyno on a real dyno, we both have minor issues that need to be addressed and once completed there should be no delay other than life/work.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

I have given up on seeing a log from Oddjob Click here to enlarge
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

@oddjob2021 try to get them that log.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

lol you guys have no patience Click here to enlarge except you sticky (judging from your wait time on your car)... just hold on, a log will be posted as soon as its made. its not like i'm going anywhere, i'm not trying to hide or anything of the sort, i'm not sure why you doubt i will post one? i mean first of all, technically i don't have to do $#@!, i'm doing this, A: for the benefit of the community, B: to compare my set-up with others because the software should be unbiased (unlike dyno to dyno variance), and lastly because i said i would.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Why do you need frontal area and drag coefficients if it's a virtual dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NatAsp-M3 Click here to enlarge
    Why do you need frontal area and drag coefficients if it's a virtual dyno?
    Frontal area and drag coeff has an impact on determining load on the car when its moving. If a drag coeff is higher in cars, it means its less aerodynamic and requires more power to push the car forward in comparison to other cars that have better aerodynamics.

These are key variables in helping understand power levels of vehicles when travelling under load. A dynojet obviously does not consider these elements as the car is not under load. In many respects I like this tool better because its measuring power under load, real world power if you will.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

I was looking forward to logs too. Sounds like they have some problems with the rotary girder, I'd check there first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

The tool also requires logs for it to process an output, logs are captured typically when the car is running under load so in order for the dyno tool to actually calculate with the utmost accuracy it has to consider drag and frontal area, weight etc.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Frontal area and drag coeff has an impact on determining load on the car when its moving. If a drag coeff is higher in cars, it means its less aerodynamic and requires more power to push the car forward in comparison to other cars that have better aerodynamics.

These are key variables in helping understand power levels of vehicles when travelling under load. A dynojet obviously does not consider these elements as the car is not under load. In many respects I like this tool better because its measuring power under load, real world power if you will.
    I see, trying to go "beyond dyno."
    Now question #2: How does the accuracy (and calculation) here compare to the power calculation software in my Vbox for rwHP?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NatAsp-M3 Click here to enlarge
    I see, trying to go "beyond dyno."
    Now question #2: How does the accuracy (and calculation) here compare to the power calculation software in my Vbox for rwHP?
    Presumably the vbox is only calculating power through using velocity and time as its variables. Reasonably accurate enough, but throwing in drag and weight will make it far more precise.
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i have been playing around as well :-) Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast