Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    i think someone should call them up and offer them 20k for the 1M because you saw the video of them beating on the car.
    They will just counter with $90k since it is already broken in.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Ok so here's what I think. They broke the car in for you, so you should pay extra for this service.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    i wouldn't pay for them breaking in the car...never trust them

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Ok so here's what I think. They broke the car in for you, so you should pay extra for this service.
    $40k seems fair.

    Honestly, this dealership deserves this.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,653
    Rep Points
    -256.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    .

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Points
    2,017.3
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They inspected it and said it was fine but I wouldn't want to buy it. I hope they disclose this all to the buyer.
    I am sure they will disclose this - right after they over... err. charge 40k over MSRP for it. Click here to enlarge

    I am wondering if anyone has called in regard to this car - are they still asking a ridiculous price for this?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I am wondering if anyone has called in regard to this car - are they still asking a ridiculous price for this?
    It was likely just a publicity stunt. This negative press is almost Karma.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,040
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Apparently some dude bought this car for a $10,000 markup, Pacific did not disclose the information about the joyride. I guess 5 days after the purchase, they called him and asked if he has seen his car on the news. He had no idea about the joyride!!!! Needless to say, he is pissed and wants his 10 large back.

    Link: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=291
    ​#Chuckstrong

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KB Click here to enlarge
    Apparently some dude bought this car for a $10,000 markup, Pacific did not disclose the information about the joyride. I guess 5 days after the purchase, they called him and asked if he has seen his car on the news. He had no idea about the joyride!!!! Needless to say, he is pissed and wants his 10 large back.

    Link: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=291
    I'd want my 10 large back too!! Why would they be stupid enough to call him though? What did they think he was going to say? Of course he will want his $10k over sticker back and with enough pressure he will get it. Not the brightest bulb to pay that much over sticker, sucker is correct.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,584
    Rep Points
    2,017.3
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    21


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'd want my 10 large back too!! Why would they be stupid enough to call him though? What did they think he was going to say? Of course he will want his $10k over sticker back and with enough pressure he will get it. Not the brightest bulb to pay that much over sticker, sucker is correct.
    Geez... This just gets better and better. Click here to enlarge

    He should get more than 10k back at this point... Although I am no lawyer, I would think that the car+him = everyone thinking the owner is a moron/sucker/etc... Although it might be true, if it weren't for the dealer's antics, he wouldn't be in this situation. Cause and effect. They owe him more than 2 grand.

    The part that now makes me most upset is that they wouldn’t let him drive it before purchasing… I understand it’s a car in short supply, but it’s not a Veyron… After allowing techs to do a “PDI” on a car like this as opposed to doing what’s right is what got them into trouble. They could have just soaked up the markup/loss on this particular car and had a good name, now – most likely the entire BMW community will stay away from this dealer.

    Genius marketing.

    Cheers.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,172
    Rep Points
    31,309.1
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Geez... This just gets better and better. Click here to enlarge

    He should get more than 10k back at this point... Although I am no lawyer, I would think that the car+him = everyone thinking the owner is a moron/sucker/etc... Although it might be true, if it weren't for the dealer's antics, he wouldn't be in this situation. Cause and effect. They owe him more than 2 grand.

    The part that now makes me most upset is that they wouldn’t let him drive it before purchasing… I understand it’s a car in short supply, but it’s not a Veyron… After allowing techs to do a “PDI” on a car like this as opposed to doing what’s right is what got them into trouble. They could have just soaked up the markup/loss on this particular car and had a good name, now – most likely the entire BMW community will stay away from this dealer.

    Genius marketing.

    Cheers.
    Not driving it would make sense normally but these people told him he could not drive it after their own employees abused it. Clearly they were feeding him a pile of BS. Not to mention not telling him about the whole ordeal so they could get $10k over. Pathetic and irresponsible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •