Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Looking forward to the coil-over install!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Looking forward to the coil-over install!
    Hopefully they can start on that tomorrow.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

TMS SF Reinforcement kit? What TMS kit? Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OEM FNISH! Now THATS what I'm talking about! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    UPDATE:
    GC coilovers installed.....

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

More to come later......
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

^ Why did you choose Ground Control?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

^ Why did you choose Ground Control?
    They make excellent customizable coilovers with great customer service and advice for their customers Click here to enlarge

Try them out some time.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    They make excellent customizable coilovers with great customer service and advice for their customers Click here to enlarge

Try them out some time.
    I've heard good things, not sure what they have available for the E92 M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I've heard good things, not sure what they have available for the E92 M3.
    Im sure they do one for the E92 M3. Call them and ask for Mark.

http://www.ground-control-store.com/.../II=836/CA=268

http://www.ground-control-store.com/...ory.php/CA=227
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Just got my alignment done according to GC and Obioban specs and car feels great, For some reason i couldnt get my Caster the way i wanted it but i guess i'll solve that when i buy GC camber caster plates.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

I have been driving around in the car for the past 3 days and what a world of difference! Wow! Love the handling now and the dampnig which i set according to GC specs is just perfect! I will be painting the car soon as well cos the paint is shot to $#@! cos of all this sand. Also will be doing a dyno and the install the AP headers instead of my Euro OEM headers and see if it makes any difference in HP.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    I have been driving around in the car for the past 3 days and what a world of difference! Wow! Love the handling now and the dampnig which i set according to GC specs is just perfect! I will be painting the car soon as well cos the paint is shot to $#@! cos of all this sand. Also will be doing a dyno and the install the AP headers instead of my Euro OEM headers and see if it makes any difference in HP.
    Will the paint be the same color?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Will the paint be the same color?
    Yes i will give JB one more shot and after i paint it and it doesnt last int hsi weather i'll go frozen grey metalic or some kinda grey color, maybe GT silver from Porsche.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

UPDATE:

When I got the car back from the bodyshop, it felt nice and tight the first day and i drove it in S6 as I wasnt afraid to shift hard because my Subframe was perfectly reinforced.

Well, after driving it 2-3 times more I started hearing knocking sounds from below the gearbox and the rear end felt like it was loose and moving! When I would move off in 1st gear the car would vibrate and not take off smoothly and plus the knocking sounds etc! I immediately knew the ediot mechanic at the bodyshop had not torqued the bolts down like I had told him to and had fights with him about. I immediately called up My master tech and told him my fears and he said he was sure they had not torqued anything at all. For example the diff bolts need to be 90 degree tightened and torqued 220nm approx.

Car went on the lift yesterday and as soon as me and him just checked the rear diff bolt it came loose immediately! I was not happy as we spent the next 3 hours torquing the whole rear end to BMW specs! I called the owner of the bodyshop and told him that next time he needs to make sure his stupid "I have 11 years experience" mechanic That he needs to get his $#@! together or next time I wont be very nice!

Any way, the minute I left the garage the car felt really really stiff and thats the way it supposed to be! NICE AND TIGHT! Lesson learnt for everyone and this wont happen again for sure! So everyone needs to make sure whoever works on their cars asses torque's everything to BMW Specs! Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by 0-60Motorsports; 10-05-2010 at 03:12 AM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

glad to see you got it sorted out. Damn that engine bay is dusty as hell...with the climate over there, does it make any sense to clean it down or does it just get more dusty right away?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    glad to see you got it sorted out. Damn that engine bay is dusty as hell...with the climate over there, does it make any sense to clean it down or does it just get more dusty right away?
    Matt, Yeah the ENgine bay does get dusty here but it is up to the individual to clean and maintain it. even in our dusty weather it CAN be maintained. The only reason mine was so dusty is because the car stays parked for weeks at a time and even with a cover etc dust still gets in there.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123