Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VF E92 SC kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess I'm the only one that thinks it is a fresh look. I like shiny things under the hood.

What is wrong with the pipe? Looks better than the regular rubber or plastic used.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Tom/EAS would not pop the hood for me when I asked to see the kit at Mfest. Click here to enlarge

Then a few hours later they popped the hood for all to see, thought that was kinda weird, but I'm glad they are making progress on it, regardless of what people say, or some of the unfortunate things that occurred, I loved my E46 M3 VF kit.
    That's not true - we just returned from a track session and was about to perform a systems check. I simply informed you that I was about to ask Nik to be 100% sure, in which you said "nevermind, that's ok". Hopefully, this doesn't spark any bad blood, because that wasn't intended.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Gintani's is nice, as is ESS's and AA's. Those three are all similar but the VF kit is cool and different with its CNC machined look. I want to know if there is an intercooler integrated damn it.
    Sorry, missed the specific part of the question - There's definitely an integrated intercooler within the manifold as well as an heat exchanger behind the bumper cover.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tom @ eas Click here to enlarge
    Sorry, missed the specific part of the question - There's definitely an integrated intercooler within the manifold as well as an heat exchanger behind the bumper cover.
    Haha, that is what I asked and you said you could not comment on it?

Ok, well I figured the intercooler was integrated into the manifold but just wanted to make sure. In that case, that should clear up the bulk aspect for most of you guys and some of you should realize an integrated intercooler is a pretty trick setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Super Trick Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess I'm the only one that thinks it is a fresh look. I like shiny things under the hood.

What is wrong with the pipe? Looks better than the regular rubber or plastic used.
    Shiny things belong to Domestic cars and trucks lol

The pipe isn't even polished I believe, that's why...

Haha, that is what I asked and you said you could not comment on it?

Ok, well I figured the intercooler was integrated into the manifold but just wanted to make sure. In that case, that should clear up the bulk aspect for most of you guys and some of you should realize an integrated intercooler is a pretty trick setup.
    As I'm sure you know, Gintani and ESS mani's both have aftercooler within them as well, so I don't get what you are saying...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Shiny things belong to Domestic cars and trucks lol

The pipe isn't even polished I believe, that's why...

As I'm sure you know, Gintani and ESS mani's both have aftercooler within them as well, so I don't get what you are saying...
    Nah, no reason the car can't look good under the hood. Not everything has to be carbon or plastic, a little chrome or polish in the engine bay of a V8 is good.

Yes, Gintani and ESS have aftercoolers but not an intercooler integrated into the manifold, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nah, no reason the car can't look good under the hood. Not everything has to be carbon or plastic, a little chrome or polish in the engine bay of a V8 is good.

Yes, Gintani and ESS have aftercoolers but not an intercooler integrated into the manifold, right?
    Please explain to me the differences

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tom @ eas Click here to enlarge
    That's not true - we just returned from a track session and was about to perform a systems check. I simply informed you that I was about to ask Nik to be 100% sure, in which you said "nevermind, that's ok". Hopefully, this doesn't spark any bad blood, because that wasn't intended.
    It is 100% true, regardless I'm not sure what popping the hood to see the kit at Mfest has to do with a systems check? The two do not conflict with each other, regardless I've seen most the kit before it even went on your car. Tom, there was NEVER any bad blood, nor is there now. Click here to enlarge Just thought that whole exchange was a bit odd.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Yes they do have them integrated in the manifold, and you can see the front heat exchanger in the pics on Tom's car, it's the same one they used on their E46 kits and the same one that ESS uses now for their E9x kits, it's an OEM unit used on the 911's.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gintani's is nice, as is ESS's and AA's. Those three are all similar but the VF kit is cool and different with its CNC machined look. I want to know if there is an intercooler integrated damn it.
    I don't think it looks bad, I kinda like it, they modeled it a bit after the R8 manifold, which is an awesome kit IMHO.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes they do have them integrated in the manifold, and you can see the front heat exchanger in the pics on Tom's car, it's the same one they used on their E46 kits and the same one that ESS uses now for their E9x kits, it's an OEM unit used on the 911's.
    Ok, hold on, so maybe I misunderstood but there is an intercooler integrated into the Gintani intake manifold? Then I wonder why the size of the manifolds are so different?

Yes, I saw the aftercooler and the Gintani setup is a pretty beefy water/air unit as I understand it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't think it looks bad, I kinda like it, they modeled it a bit after the R8 manifold, which is an awesome kit IMHO.
    That is exactly what I was thinking, same style as the R8 setup which is very cool looking.

I have to vehemently disagree with you regarding the R8 kit. It has awesome hardware, is well done, but has a huge R8 luxury tax on it which is absolutely absurd. The pricing is simply insane and Nik is simply milking people for dollars with it. The E9X kit will be priced well, it has to be to compete, but the R8 kit is priced over $10k more than their RS4 kit for absolutely no reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is exactly what I was thinking, same style as the R8 setup which is very cool looking.

I have to vehemently disagree with you regarding the R8 kit. It has awesome hardware, is well done, but has a huge R8 luxury tax on it which is absolutely absurd. The pricing is simply insane and Nik is simply milking people for dollars with it. The E9X kit will be priced well, it has to be to compete, but the R8 kit is priced over $10k more than their RS4 kit for absolutely no reason.
    The R8 kit aesthetically looks awesome, hardware is solid, etc. I should have been more specific, I wasn't referring too the pricing J.
    Last edited by DLSJ5; 04-30-2010 at 04:55 PM.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The R8 kit aesthetically looks awesome, I should have been more specific, I wasn't referring too the pricing J.
    No big deal, I was referring to it as a "whole" kit including the pricing. Looks wise specifically, it definitely is awesome and when I first saw it I thought that it was very fresh looking and different from everything else out there. Very similar to this VF kit for the M3 in that regard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ok, hold on, so maybe I misunderstood but there is an intercooler integrated into the Gintani intake manifold? Then I wonder why the size of the manifolds are so different?

Yes, I saw the aftercooler and the Gintani setup is a pretty beefy water/air unit as I understand it.
    Lol, you didn't know your mani had a aftercooler in it? There is a piece in your mani that has fins, the whole piece is very similar to an intercooler, except that there is liquid inside the "intercooler" which pulls the heat from the fins that the air is passing through. The water/coolant that is within this aftercooler is then pumped through another intercooler htat sits behind the front bumper and gets cooled by the oncoming air passing threw its fins.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol, you didn't know your mani had a aftercooler in it? There is a piece in your mani that has fins, the whole piece is very similar to an intercooler, except that there is liquid inside the "intercooler" which pulls the heat from the fins that the air is passing through. The water/coolant that is within this aftercooler is then pumped through another intercooler htat sits behind the front bumper and gets cooled by the oncoming air passing threw its fins.
    The Gintani manifold design is pretty compact in comparison, I thought all the cooling was handled with the water/air intercooler/aftercooler setup in the front bumper. I'll have to take a better look at it but since I won't be running that kit anymore don't know when I will have the chance.

Obviously I have not spent much time with the car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, I didn't know Gintani's mani was that massive!
    Actually pretty small....

Alright guys, let's try to focus this thread on the topic.

Gintani discussion moved here: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...er-Aftercooler

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it looks so JDM. Ill wait for numbers before I judge the kit because the looks are completely subjective.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think the manifold is too shinny for me! a little too much
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks like a tanks turret. Stole panzer design. On iPhone or wod of post funny pic. Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Funkboy316 Click here to enlarge
    i dont know but they sunk alot of money into their e9x project and then wouldnt even display the car with the hood open at Mfest for ppl to see the kit. It must be hideous or incomplete. I mean they sank all their eggs into this basket because the E46 M3 market crumbled around them, then, at the biggest event to display your new project, you leave the hood close??????
    Bold

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm surprised VF is not getting ripped in this thread...

The kit is definitely hideous. Looks like something that belongs on a Camaro. Shiny chrome with a purple bulge on the side? C'mon man!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mr. Bails Click here to enlarge
    I'm surprised VF is not getting ripped in this thread...
    We can be mature... and they are getting ripped a bit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GT3 Click here to enlarge
    Bold
    What would you like to see improved? It painted?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'd rather go ESS or Gintani or AA any day just because of the Customer service factor and the product support.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast