Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

AHHH FINALLY!! Part 2 AR Design 535 downpipes / vid

I GOT THEM IN!! It sounds SO MEAN! It smells like ass outside the car but I don't seem to smell it inside so far, but only drove it for about 10 minutes tonight (GF came into town... Click here to enlarge) So I'll update more tomorrow, maybe get a video of a pass or something, but it sounds SO good. I'm running straight pipes now, and you can hear the turbos and the wastegate...mmmmmm haha, there were some fitment issues but we got them taken care of. It was due to the aftermarket exhaust I bought from someone on N54tech...but love it so far...doesn't sound louder in the car but it sounds different...like pure awesomeness.... Click here to enlarge
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

the downpipes you got in right?
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    the downpipes you got in right?
    Yep, exactly.

Unless he was referring to something else with his girlfriend?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Unless he was referring to something else with his girlfriend?
    Hehehehe, yes to both Click here to enlarge

OH SNAP, I can rep now... O_O

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Sweeeeeeeet! congrats dude. lets hear it!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    Hehehehe, yes to both Click here to enlarge

OH SNAP, I can rep now... O_O
    When you contribute rep grows fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Vids please
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Congrats man, lets see the vids!
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

It smells like ass outside the car
    Click here to enlarge, vids!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Here you go, it's my first video so be gentle haha, and I really need a new mic...

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Sounds Beastly!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

It sounds pretty mean at start and idle.

You can really hear the turbo. Very, very nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Good job dude car sounds pretty damn mean.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Some thoughts/a very small review on the downpipes:

1) The tech that installed my DPs and messed with the exhaust said that he would safely say that I shaved off about 100 lbs off my car with the setup I'm running right now. That's kind of nice...

2) The throttle is SO linear, that it actually feels a lot less powerful than before. That "thrown back" feeling isn't there anymore, but I know it's going quick because my speedo reads 100 before I know it, and the JB4 reads the same amount of boost as before! It's absolutely lovely to drive now; I don't have to way to have the turbos kick in. It's pretty fun!

3) In city driving, my gas milage in the city seems TERRIBLE. I dunno if the engine is getting used to the pipes, or whatever, but the gas milage is just ridiculous from before. (Take that with a grain of salt...I don't have hard proof of it)

4) I was worried about the sound beforehand, but the sound hasn't gotten louder, actually if anything, it got just SLIGHTLY quieter. It DID however add a nice rumble note above the 4.5k RPM range. It sounds nice and mean. Also, I used to have a range of about 300 where the exhaust was the loudest (~2k-2.3k RPM) that range has actually been shrunk a little bit and it doesn't seem as loud throughout the entire RPM range. (Again, salt)

Just my 2 cents.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

1) The tech that installed my DPs and messed with the exhaust said that he would safely say that I shaved off about 100 lbs off my car with the setup I'm running right now. That's kind of nice...

2) The throttle is SO linear, that it actually feels a lot less powerful than before. That "thrown back" feeling isn't there anymore, but I know it's going quick because my speedo reads 100 before I know it, and the JB4 reads the same amount of boost as before! It's absolutely lovely to drive now; I don't have to way to have the turbos kick in. It's pretty fun!

3) In city driving, my gas milage in the city seems TERRIBLE. I dunno if the engine is getting used to the pipes, or whatever, but the gas milage is just ridiculous from before. (Take that with a grain of salt...I don't have hard proof of it)

4) I was worried about the sound beforehand, but the sound hasn't gotten louder, actually if anything, it got just SLIGHTLY quieter. It DID however add a nice rumble note above the 4.5k RPM range. It sounds nice and mean. Also, I used to have a range of about 300 where the exhaust was the loudest (~2k-2.3k RPM) that range has actually been shrunk a little bit and it doesn't seem as loud throughout the entire RPM range. (Again, salt)

Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks for your impressions, glad you are happy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2056 Post(s)

Just my 2 cents.
    Thanks for your impressions, glad you are happy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Sounds awesome, nice review.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Ordered my meth kit...hopefully fedex doesn't $#@! it up this time.Click here to enlarge I'll keep you guys updated! Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge