Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    Thursday / Friday :-) Took about 5 days to get it shipped so hopefully 2 weeks i have the car back
    You got higher stall right? from what i understood higher stall BETTER for dragracing but bit abrupt , lower stall better for tracking .
    If you watch the tach when you leave a light, especially if you give it throttle slowly, you will see that the car actually doesn't move at all until rpms rise a bit... 500 or so..that is the stall (the abrupt part) So it is only more abrupt to an extent. The RPMs are higher when the transmission "engages"...if that makes sense. It also allows you to break torque to a higher rpm which helps in the launch if your tires can keep from spinning at that load.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Yes this was my first post on this forum, and yes i posted in other forums about my experience with Level 10, as i really want people to know what they are dealing with.

We all depend on the reviews and honesty of a company to make these modifications to our cars - with one goal to have a reliable BUT fast car!

When I contacted Level 10, Pat told me that all Valve Bodies are the same and wont be a problem to do my modification

I have attached a picture of the pressure valve & the spacer that Level 10 put into the valve body. Firstly the spacer looked like an old piece of a bushing they found lying around the workshop, not even cleaned as it was full of metal filings. Secondly, the guys could not take 5 minutes to work out that the size of the spacer was 2mm too big, causing the valve spring to coil bind and stopping the pressure valve from opening fully. So instead of getting increased line pressure for my transmission to handle more power, it got the opposite - Low line pressure

I got an error code on my dash, with low line pressure!

When i told Pat at Level 10 all of this he denied, saying it must have been me that went in the valve body and added the spacer!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmayers Click here to enlarge
    Yes this was my first post on this forum, and yes i posted in other forums about my experience with Level 10, as i really want people to know what they are dealing with.

We all depend on the reviews and honesty of a company to make these modifications to our cars - with one goal to have a reliable BUT fast car!

When I contacted Level 10, Pat told me that all Valve Bodies are the same and wont be a problem to do my modification

I have attached a picture of the pressure valve & the spacer that Level 10 put into the valve body. Firstly the spacer looked like an old piece of a bushing they found lying around the workshop, not even cleaned as it was full of metal filings. Secondly, the guys could not take 5 minutes to work out that the size of the spacer was 2mm too big, causing the valve spring to coil bind and stopping the pressure valve from opening fully. So instead of getting increased line pressure for my transmission to handle more power, it got the opposite - Low line pressure

I got an error code on my dash, with low line pressure!

When i told Pat at Level 10 all of this he denied, saying it must have been me that went in the valve body and added the spacer!

Click here to enlarge
    Why wouldn't he just fix it? It's pretty obvious what happened as you just deduced and completely logical

So did you fix the spacer issue yourself and now does everything run fine?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well when i first installed the Valve body and had the problem, all of a sudden Pat at Level 10 was never available to talk on the Phone, he was always out with customers, but was always available right before he took my money!

So I had to email them on information.

So after the local dealer had finish doing there analysis I told Level 10 the issue and said it is something in the valve body, they have never replied to that email, so I had no choice but to get the local dealer to fix the valve body by completely removing the spacer.

Now that the spacer is removed the transmission works like how it use too.

So I paid $598 to Level 10 and still dont have increased line pressure!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmayers Click here to enlarge
    So after the local dealer had finish doing there analysis I told Level 10 the issue and said it is something in the valve body, they have never replied to that email, so I had no choice but to get the local dealer to fix the valve body by completely removing the spacer.
    I'm sorry to hear that, that is piss poor customer service.

You aren't local?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
    Buddy of mine got his XI tranny upgraded at Level10. He should have some pics. I'll ask him to send them to me and i'll post them up for you guys.

Its not just a bunch of washers, they upgrade a bunch of things, its legit...not sure what's happened in the past, probably true as nothing surprises me anymore from anyone, but I know this upgrade is considerable...my buddy will be pushing this XI tranny to the moon with RBs soon, maybe a first car in the 10s and a 5 series Click here to enlarge
    Any more news on this XI? I am holding off on the RBs and Level 10 upgrade as I wait to see how the single turbo stuff flushes out, but I'm very curious to see how an XI with an upgraded trans can do on launch with some serious power.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Hey guys! Don't contact IPT trasmission, they are scammers.
    I sent my trans parts and paid work, but already 1.5 months didn't receive back. They sent VB, the pump and TQ.
    As there was TQ from other car.
    This message from TY:

"Artyom,

The rebuild kit and transmission cooler were shipped 2 days after the other parts.

Yes the wrong torque converter was sent to you,please send that one back,yours was mixed up with a different customer,yours will be back here tomorrow and I will ship it EXPRESS,please send back the one you have and let me know the cost and I will PayPal you the cost,I also will send you some FREE stuff for the incovience."

"Artyom,

I have your torque converter here all ready to ship,you have the torque converter that I need,that one is useless to you and this one is useless to me,but we do not trust each other,how can we solve this?

Give a tracking number and I will give you one within hours,I need that converter and you need this one."

They told that they were sent on March 12. Still I didn't receive them and they don't give me tracking numbers.
    They don't send Repair kit and a radiator and my TQ, while I won't send them back his TQ.
    They refuse to return to me money.
    What will you tell?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Reading all the information in this thread I have come to the conclusion that what I speculated was correct. The majority of the reviews/feedback given from customers in relation to these upgraded AT's has been rather poor. I find it a shame that something as simple as honesty in ones workmanship is ceasing to exist. I really do hope a solution is found in spite of all this bad news. Best of luck to those who go out on a limb first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Why wouldn't you send the converter jack, it makes sense to me as u have options to get your $ back if they don't ship, but they have no guarantee you will send it back.As for level 10, I had no issues, but didn't get to beat on it has hard as I did stock

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Why wouldn't you send the converter jack, it makes sense to me as u have options to get your $ back if they don't ship, but they have no guarantee you will send it back.As for level 10, I had no issues, but didn't get to beat on it has hard as I did stock
    Looks like I have NY/NJ clone of your car now in terms of mods. Let's see how the 6AT holds up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I made payment with Paypal and in 45 days I can't return money back in any way. No dispute in Paypal, no refund . I think, voluntary they won't return them.
    Let will send repair kit and radiator which I bought.
    After we will change TQ.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Looks like I have NY/NJ clone of your car now in terms of mods. Let's see how the 6AT holds up.
    Almost, except mine was fast! Click here to enlargeGood tomaz, hope it all works out for you

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tomaz Click here to enlarge
    Hey guys! Don't contact IPT trasmission, they are scammers.
    I sent my trans parts and paid work, but already 1.5 months didn't receive back. They sent VB, the pump and TQ.
    As there was TQ from other car.
    This message from TY:

"Artyom,

The rebuild kit and transmission cooler were shipped 2 days after the other parts.

Yes the wrong torque converter was sent to you,please send that one back,yours was mixed up with a different customer,yours will be back here tomorrow and I will ship it EXPRESS,please send back the one you have and let me know the cost and I will PayPal you the cost,I also will send you some FREE stuff for the incovience."

"Artyom,

I have your torque converter here all ready to ship,you have the torque converter that I need,that one is useless to you and this one is useless to me,but we do not trust each other,how can we solve this?

Give a tracking number and I will give you one within hours,I need that converter and you need this one."

They told that they were sent on March 12. Still I didn't receive them and they don't give me tracking numbers.
    They don't send Repair kit and a radiator and my TQ, while I won't send them back his TQ.
    They refuse to return to me money.
    What will you tell?
    What are you going to do?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Almost, except mine was fast! Click here to enlargeGood tomaz, hope it all works out for you
    Lol not on stock turbos it wasn't

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    If you watch the tach when you leave a light, especially if you give it throttle slowly, you will see that the car actually doesn't move at all until rpms rise a bit... 500 or so..that is the stall (the abrupt part) So it is only more abrupt to an extent. The RPMs are higher when the transmission "engages"...if that makes sense. It also allows you to break torque to a higher rpm which helps in the launch if your tires can keep from spinning at that load.
    The stall point is much higher than a few hundred rpm over idle, its the maximum rpm you can obtain while brake-torquing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    Lol not on stock turbos it wasn't
    Touche'

Well played sir

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

On another car forum, Level10 was running about 50/50 between satisfied and a waste of money among customers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What are you going to do?
    I let know that yet I will not receive the parts, I will not send TQ. I am the honest person and carried out of the obligations to them and they should believe me as I trusted of.
    They agreed...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mike335i Click here to enlarge
    The stall point is much higher than a few hundred rpm over idle, its the maximum rpm you can obtain while brake-torquing.
    Well depends on the torque converter but yes, that is correct. I was trying to give a simple description, but I am pretty sure i just said the same thing.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    Well depends on the torque converter but yes, that is correct. I was trying to give a simple description, but I am pretty sure i just said the same thing.
    Its not a very fun converter if its only a couple hundred RPM over idle Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mike335i Click here to enlarge
    Its not a very fun converter if its only a couple hundred RPM over idle Click here to enlarge
    very true, but i am sure they exist
    Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234