Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Level 10 transmission upgrade is just a bunch of washers?

Phantom grip LSD anyone?

AT folks...

Do NOT go with Level10 if you choose to build your transmission. Level10 are renowned rip-off artists. I went 'round and 'round with them through three transmission builds on my B5 Audi S4 w/GT Turbos, shipping at my own expense each time, at considerable cost. In the end, the "upgrade" consists of a standard ZF (OEM) rebuild kit, and a half a dozen hardware store washers (used to shim the valve body).

The person who lead their sales team for many years finally confided this information, and now works at another transmission shop which shall remain nameless, just to keep this from sounding like an advertisement. His assertions were confirmed when I tore down the transmission myself.

There are three transmission shops in the same area. They are all known to one another, and they are all pretty shady.

I went through all the options with my Audi, and ultimately concluded that there is no cost effective way to upgrade ZF auto-manual transmissions for big power. Beware that valve-body "upgrades" will change your car into something less than a comfortable daily driver.

If you plan to go beyond the "Stage 2" barrier, invest in a manual transmission. (I have steel in both legs, and do not have the option. If I want to go drag racing, I'll do in a platform which includes an appropriate original equipment automatic, or one that is commonly built.)

-Michael
    I have no personal experience from Level 10 and I hope this isn't true.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since LM has guinea pigged nearly everything else on this platform, I vote for him to tear down his perfectly working unit to determine the validity of this statement Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sitdown Click here to enlarge
    Since LM has guinea pigged nearly everything else on this platform, I vote for him to tear down his perfectly working unit to determine the validity of this statement Click here to enlarge
    lol

id like to see this guys pictures on his toredown trans. id also like to know if he has an e9x at this time-leaning toward how he found the website and info.

FYI, ive heard good and bad about lvl10, currently my only issue is shift speed/firmness, mechanically, everything seems to be running great. recent developments are the only reason im not out right now playing with high boost to test its, and the cars overall's limits

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    recent developments are the only reason im not out right now playing with high boost to test its, and the cars overall's limits
    What's going in, everything ok bro?
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    2008 E90 335xi - AT - TSM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im cool, just a minor rear-ending and insurance companies doing what they do best, which is nothing but cause headaches

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    im cool, just a minor rear-ending and insurance companies doing what they do best, which is nothing but cause headaches
    Was it by an uninsured Turkish woman from NY that couldn't speak english? Because that's who rear-ended me Click here to enlarge Oh well, I took some of that insurance money and invested in the full M-Tech kit and blackline taillights. Hope everything turns out okay for you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ouch sorry to here that Steve.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, but topic is interesting enough to command its own thread.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, but topic is interesting enough to command its own thread.
    agreed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So basically they didn't really 'upgrade' anything they just modified the stall? Or did I read this wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Basically, someone is talking negatively about company A, and claiming company B is better without showing proof, which he said he has. His claim is that he toasted a trans built by A, and that's why its bad, but doesn't tell u he blew his trans from company B as well. Resulting in him selling that car. That about where we currently sit, and with no issues so far on mine

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Basically, someone is talking negatively about company A, and claiming company B is better without showing proof, which he said he has. His claim is that he toasted a trans built by A, and that's why its bad, but doesn't tell u he blew his trans from company B as well. Resulting in him selling that car. That about where we currently sit, and with no issues so far on mine
    Your trans is running fine at the moment so I'm inclined to believe you but the mistake Level 10 made was not better documenting the process as this would not even be an issue now had they done so.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    correct, but i dont care if they packed it full of marbles, if it holds the power, then it works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    correct, but i dont care if they packed it full of marbles, if it holds the power, then it works
    Well I think he did mention that all the companies failed him, I remember reading that. I think he was saying company A did a $#@!ty job where as company B did a $#@!ty job but were kind enough to rebuild it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If two companies build your transmission, and you're able to trash both of them, maybe the transmission isn't the issue?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Well I think he did mention that all the companies failed him, I remember reading that. I think he was saying company A did a $#@!ty job where as company B did a $#@!ty job but were kind enough to rebuild it.
    I thought Company "A" (LVL10) rebuilt it 3 times for him?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    If two companies build your transmission, and you're able to trash both of them, maybe the transmission isn't the issue?
    thats what Im thinking. i mean, if someone can bring him over here, or ask the same basic questions over there, id like to know what he has to say about it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    my trans just arrived at Level 10 . lets see if the extra washers will withstand 500 whp.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    my trans just arrived at Level 10 . lets see if the extra washers will withstand 500 whp.
    If yours and lostmarines are cool then I think that should solve this discussion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'll be away from my car for about 3 weeks, . But I will let u know as soon as I'm back and ready to test a few things out,including the trans Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought Company "A" (LVL10) rebuilt it 3 times for him?
    I don't recall the conversation much now. But from what I recall, I think he had 2 or three companies work on the transmission each one of them doing work more than once.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    After reading the post he did Level 10, IPT and 517 Transmission. He say, quote:
    Sam at 517 Transmission is particularly honest, but he was unable to make the AT5 in my GT equipped S4 hold.
    As well as:

That they are... and as I indicated, I have had experience with all of the above, and success with none of them.
    He also provides these links: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/sho...mission-Issues

Which quote from a member named Arizona:

First off, Level 10 is down the street from me. I have seen many many
    cars come in and out of there.There were a few threads about them but I
    couldnt find them in a search. Pretty much, they are garbage. I have
    seen multiple tranny failures. In Subarus, Civics, Supras(autos) IS300s,
    DSMs, etc..... There service and warranties suck and I personally met
    employees from there and they are doucebags who know little to nothing
    about anything. (the owner is a cool guy though)
    I also found a link to another thread which contained many other links to bad quality 'upgrades'. I expect transmission failures. But when the failures out number the 'success' stories then you gotta say, a bad mechanic is just that. A bad mechanic. All of this scrutiny over the procede when only a SMALL percentage of their users experience negative symptoms and you blow it out of proportion and bash the entire company and all of that. If you gave it half a moments thought you could easily find a multitude of ammunition to do the same thing here but because you are the owner of their product, well we all know how that is. If someone installed Dinan's stage 3 tune on their N54, its of course the best deal IN THE WORLD!

Could you honesty say that ALL of this is information you had known PRIOR to sending your transmission to Level 10?

I mean seriously, If I put half as much effort into bashing Level 10, your supposed upgrade as you do in bashing Shiv and the procede then I could make this pretty ugly for your e-rep that you have. Sometimes as people become more mature, they let individuals do what they want and don't sit and $#@! and whine about everybody else.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oooh, I love a good debate, ill respond when not on the Droid

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    :popcorn:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast