Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

OE Tuning N55 flash tune released, +57 wtq +41 whp on 91 octane, $695 for all N55 tunes including custom

The results below are for the OE Tuning N55 flash tune on a 2011 BMW 335i N55. The only mod on the car is an aftermarket downpipe. Baseline is on 91 octane with the stock tune vs. the OE Tuning tune on the same fuel. Custom tunes are available for race gas applications, downpipes, cat deletes, whatever, and all the N55 models. Please contact sales@oetuning.com for more details.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    very nice!
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Emailed them, curious to know if this is a handheld flashing solution, or requires removal of ecu for benchload...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads
    Pending Mods: T/A Hood, S/C

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I believe it says it can be done OBD2 Click here to enlarge

I wouldn't hold my breath for an instant handheld but there is a flash center in Poughkippse NY that could help you load. it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I may have to check them out and change my mod progression...
    2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Shorty Headers, Custom Exhuast, M.M. 87mm Throttle Body, DiabloToona Custom 93 Oct Tune, 190* Thermostat, Seibon CF Grille, 6.4 CAM, Inertia M.S Ported Cylinder Heads

2011 X5 35i Premium: Black Grille, Boopie Custom 3" Dual Exhaust & Custom N55 FMIC, JB3 (+3psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
    Emailed them, curious to know if this is a handheld flashing solution, or requires removal of ecu for benchload...
    Requires removal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    I believe it says it can be done OBD2 Click here to enlarge
    Only if the car is physically there, correct?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I emailed and received a response from Jeremy in regards to this, and got a response... He (or rather one of his authorized dealers) can flash it through OBD2 if the car is physically present, otherwise it's removal of the ecu and sending off to him.

He is going to send his tool to his buddy JJ at Lomotion Corvette in Poughkeepsie, NY... Should I post this up in regional, or here is fine?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I emailed and received a response from Jeremy in regards to this, and got a response... He (or rather one of his authorized dealers) can flash it through OBD2 if the car is physically present, otherwise it's removal of the ecu and sending off to him.

He is going to send his tool to his buddy JJ at Lomotion Corvette in Poughkeepsie, NY... Should I post this up in regional, or here is fine?
    first odb2 n55 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Here is fine, new thread though please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what would a 360hp car put down on that dyno?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    what would a 360hp car put down on that dyno?
    29X - 30X

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting, an OBDII N55 flash is big news. If someone figured it out it's only a matter of weeks before Cobb figures it out then.

Flash tunes are convenient, warranty issues aside, but can they do this? Click here to enlarge

How do the new steering wheel controls work?

What is CANflap?

What is the startup gauge sweep?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Marketing terry to the rescue.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Marketing terry to the rescue.
    That is what he pays for.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yep.

On another note, I do sell OE Tunes, I will inquire with Jeremy about this tomorrow. Would be nice to have this done right at the shop Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Matt, would be better than poughkeepsie... And i'm sure more interest would be generated if this could be done at your shop instead of a Corvette shop...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Matt, would be better than poughkeepsie... And i'm sure more interest would be generated if this could be done at your shop instead of a Corvette shop...
    No reason Matt and Jeremy can't work together.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    It's a bench flash.

Hopefully the N55 will get an N55 OBD II port flash next month. Don't know for sure, yet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
    It's a bench flash.
    No, that's not correct... It's either a bench flash (IF your not local to OE) or a OBD2 Flash if Jeremy sends his flashing tool to one of his trusted agents. I have the information direct from Jeremy at OE... I quote from my email from Jeremy @ OE:

"Thanks for contacting OE Tuning. The tune is an OBD2 flash and can only be done by a dealer or you can send in your ecu..."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then why can't the OBD II flash be sent to a paying customer? Perhaps the software is not VIN locked? Rather trivial problem for the vendor.

The point is, if BMW reflashes your DME, then you have to pay again to have the tune installed. Secondly, there is no way to flash back to the original BMW tune and erase any does the tune software may have left stored in the DME.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    1. Yes, It is a trivial problem, and I'm sure the vendor will eventually release a hand held flasher, but until then only authorized dealers can do the flash.
    2. Incorrect, you do not have to pay for the flash again, the point of paying the first time is if in fact the dealer does re-flash the car to stock, you simply go to the flasher again and get flashed back to the tune... PAW and the other flash tuners understand this happens, and do not charge you again for this
    3. Most of this coding is done by using the BMW OEM software and making a few changes in a few lines of code, unless BMW NA does a line by line search for changes in the coding, they won't know, last I checked, BMW dealerships can't do this, only BMW NA. As for erasing codes that were stored, if you don't have a Bavarian Technic tool or other compatible device, than you are correct, you can't erase codes, but I have a BT tool and I can erase codes whenever I desire, so this is a moot point for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Free reflash for life is a great offer.

But it would be better if we had the handheld loaders or at least a laptop hook up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im sure this in the works eventually. I wouldn't doubt that OE will do this eventually, or maybe even COBB will release one. I think OE would make a killing VIN locking this to whoever they sold a hand held too, but at this point we can only wish...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge

But it would be better if we had the handheld loaders or at least a laptop hook up.
    These exist on the other platforms and will trickle down eventually.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast