Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    If the turbos are the same, does that mean the manifold and housing is the same as well?
    Manifold I don't know, but housing likely yes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Manifold is one piece cast with the turbine housing, so it is most likely the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Manifold is one piece cast with the turbine housing, so it is most likely the same.
    So what is stopping those that have 5ers from the upgrades? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    So what is stopping those that have 5ers from the upgrades? Click here to enlarge
    Likely that nobody has done it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The market isn't there probably. 5er owners are a little older demographic and moat of them don't mod their cars.. Doing the turbos in a 5th is prolly a nightmare as it's less room to work in...I wouldn't be surprised if I had to pull the engine down to swap them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    O_O Haha, well I chatted with Rob and he said he would be willing to do it for me as long as I could get some pics for him to test whether it was a match to the RHD or the LHD so I guess I'll do that as soon as I get back from my long ass drives. But Matt@Camber-Tow (dunno how to mention someone), I drove to Eurowise today and talked with Mike, the owner, and he basically said he was willing to do everything I wanted done to my car, and that he could even fab me an FMIC in house! Click here to enlarge So it seems like fun and GREAT advice from you (I would rep you but I don't have enough rep). In addition, he showed me a 800 hp AWD GTi. Haha that thing is going to be fun to see...Click here to enlarge Again thanks and I'll keep you guys posted as things progress...
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    The market isn't there probably. 5er owners are a little older demographic and moat of them don't mod their cars.. Doing the turbos in a 5th is prolly a nightmare as it's less room to work in...I wouldn't be surprised if I had to pull the engine down to swap them.
    Shouldn't there be more room in the 5 engine bay?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hworang00 Click here to enlarge
    O_O Haha, well I chatted with Rob and he said he would be willing to do it for me as long as I could get some pics for him to test whether it was a match to the RHD or the LHD so I guess I'll do that as soon as I get back from my long ass drives. But Matt@Camber-Tow (dunno how to mention someone), I drove to Eurowise today and talked with Mike, the owner, and he basically said he was willing to do everything I wanted done to my car, and that he could even fab me an FMIC in house! Click here to enlarge So it seems like fun and GREAT advice from you (I would rep you but I don't have enough rep). In addition, he showed me a 800 hp AWD GTi. Haha that thing is going to be fun to see...Click here to enlarge Again thanks and I'll keep you guys posted as things progress...
    When you get your DPs installed take some snap shots like that if you can to send to rob.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Shouldn't there be more room in the 5 engine bay?
    I thought so myself. But I think they are prolly 1/4-1/2" tighter on the clearances, which are not much to begin with. When I did the dps I could barely get my hands in there, and I tried all my tricks too.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Get a list of questions together and I'll try to get answers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought so myself. But I think they are prolly 1/4-1/2" tighter on the clearances, which are not much to begin with. When I did the dps I could barely get my hands in there, and I tried all my tricks too.
    Weird.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by barbramarinaro Click here to enlarge
    christian louboutin ankle boots,christian louboutin ankle boot sale,discount christian louboutin ankle boots,christian louboutin booties ankle boots,cheap christian louboutin
    @Sticky

Ohh i want to know do you have a cheap banhammer too, barbaramarino?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oops dammit i just negged Sticky too...my bad lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There was some 535i units with good photos on ebay a day or two ago. I'll try to grab them and post them here for comparison. Does anyone have any 335 shots?

***EDIT****photos below****
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Last edited by Steveo; 09-08-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    JB4, R1 slotted and drilled, AR meth elbow, BMS/CM FSB meth, Scuba-Steveo intake scoop

Sell me your 535i/xi AR kitless downpipes!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks for the reference steveo. im pretty sure all the turbos themselves (chra, comp housing, turbine housing) are the same for the n54s. what differs is the actuator rod length. i know for the 1 series they are shorter or longer, i dont remember which, so maybe for the 5, there is a slight modification too. i could post some stock turbo/mani pics but it wouldnt help much, there's no reference for size.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm sure they are. The quesiton is wether the housings, manifolds, etc are the same. I have seen both side by side at BMW and they were identical, but were from 2007 builds. I posted these more for Rob as he had questions about some part numbers that are different. Trying to find out if the upgrades are an option for the larger sedan.
    JB4, R1 slotted and drilled, AR meth elbow, BMS/CM FSB meth, Scuba-Steveo intake scoop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    They are not all the same.

Unfortunately, and assuming those are in fact 535I units, they appear to share the same turbos as the 135I. The LHD 335I units are different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    The part number listed there is 4 564 714 and the turbo part number on a 2008 535i from realoem.com is 1164564714 - that's a match

These photos are from a 535i.

Rob is it correct to assume then you can offer an option for the 535 based on this? Are these are the same turbos as RHD 335? Those are what I saw on the table at BMW.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Steveo Click here to enlarge
    The part number listed there is 4 564 714 and the turbo part number on a 2008 535i from realoem.com is 1164564714 - that's a match

These photos are from a 535i.

Rob is it correct to assume then you can offer an option for the 535 based on this? Are these are the same turbos as RHD 335? Those are what I saw on the table at BMW.
    Interesting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12