Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    This is incorrect. It does not rises cylinder pressure or even raises it either.
    you sure? i always worked with the school of thought that retarding timing increases cylinder pressure... and the wotbox launch is achieved by retarding the timing right? your explanation makes sense otherwise.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Combustion stops, so it is not providing constant power. FFS is not hard for tranny.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    oh and sticky, i love the new quote selected text process, and also the auto saving of quick replies
    I'm loving it too Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Yes of course I have. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l60V-...feature=relmfu

It's very different than regular shifting because power barely gets cut off, its constantly giving power. When you shift regularly, you lose boost and power isn't constant cause you let off the gas for that split second. A lot less stress on the tranny.
    Best sounding cobalt ss I've ever heard very raw.. whats the mods?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

if this FFS is implemented as well as it works on my friends srt4 i'll upgrade to rev3 just for this feature alone. not only were the shifts smoother, it felt and sounded like the tranny was thanking us during every shift. haha.

he went from 11.9-12.1@116-117mph to 11.7@118-120mph consistently. if the results are similar for us i'd totally be happy with this feature.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    you sure? i always worked with the school of thought that retarding timing increases cylinder pressure... and the wotbox launch is achieved by retarding the timing right? your explanation makes sense otherwise.
    You are correct that in most cases adding timing results in higher pressure and therefore more power because we are igniting the fuel closer to TDC but this takes it to the extreme of igniting the fuel well after TDC when the piston is well on it's way down and most of the actual expansion occurs on it's way out of the combustion chamber. This is hard on the exhaust valves, manifold and turbo but of those three you really only see the turbos getting swapped out sooner unless it's a tubular mani which isn't the case here. Oh and I'm hating the new writing system as I always write from my iPhone and it doesn't follow the cursor but rather keeps my screen on the beginning of the post which doesn't allow me to see what I'm typing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12