Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here's what happened to my car.. they got the dudes plate number though as he sped off... I'm having an m-tech bumper painted/installed this week

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I hear ya, i was never worried until i put a different set of stockers on and its now horrible..i used to just brush it off when peole said its loud and embarrising, Karma's a $#@!.. thats why i ask if these had them or not. Keep us up-to-date on these they look promising. is further tuning still suggested? Is there a proprietary tuner for these Click here to enlarge
    there's no proprietary tuner, anyone can buy em and run em. the procede works flawlessly with it, right now I'm running essentially an off the shelf map (only difference is no boost taper towards redline). no custom tuning at all

EPL is working on their own flash, so in the future they'll probably do a package deal with custom tuning on their dyno

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    I just got a warning from the admin at e90post because my thread was too commercial haha
    Translation: "$ NOW!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    they just reversed my warning and are putting the thread back sans commercial info until EPL's vendor status is active. there was a misunderstanding

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    they just reversed my warning and are putting the thread back sans commercial info until EPL's vendor status is active. there was a misunderstanding
    Of course, the Paypal account was empty.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    here's what happened to my car.. they got the dudes plate number though as he sped off... I'm having an m-tech bumper painted/installed this week

Click here to enlarge
    wow lucky you didnt destroy the wheel, steering arms etc... that would have been major damage. really sucks :-(
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn't do it! Someone who was parked next to me did this, i came back to the car and saw it. I would have killed someone if they hit the wheel, since i just had them powdercoated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    sorry to see that happen to your car jpsimon, your results are awesome though!
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Hello guys, wanted to introduce myself. EPL has been at the cutting edge of forced-induction technology for over 5 years now. We've tuned 700WHP Porsche Turbos, 550WHP Audi S4s, and are now ready to start making big HP with the twin turbo BMW engine.

These turbos are a great bolt-on solution for your N54. I'm not sure if you realize how significant 60HP and 80TQ is on a car that was already at the limit of it's modifications. With a high flowing set of downpipes and exhaust, an intercooler and intake, and an aggressive procede tune, the car made over 64ft/lbs of torque simply by changing the turbos. That's at peak torque, 3600RPM, and is an immense kick in the pants compared to the stock turbos. Remember that this is power at all four wheels, on our very conservative Mustang 500 dyno. Dynojet numbers would be approximately 15% higher, and RWD numbers 15% higher still.

I can't wait to get some RWD data as well. If you are local to us in the tri-state area, I'll offer anyone with a RWD car who gets this kit installed some dyno time, on us, so that we can get some numbers that make sense for the rest of the community.

Jonah's goal with the car was to have a 400awhp+ reliable daily driver on pump gas, something he can drive to the movies or up to killington in 4" of snow. This isn't a GT35 kit, it's a very sensible and stout "next step" upgrade. More will be coming from us soon, but we think this is a great way to be entering the BMW market.

Please let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

Cheers

Robin, EPL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well Robin, now that you asked for the questions, how about some ceramic dual ball bearings Click here to enlarge No need to answer really, I'm just poking around. It might get nasty Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We are planning on offering different solutions in the future, you all will be the first to know!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

15 percent for dynojet and 15 percent for rwd? you're telling me that this 380ish would turn into 494....lay off the drugs lol

Is there a compressor map available? Max cfm? Max psi? you know anything that would actually show importance other than a dyno that compres stock turbos at 16psi vs yours at 19-20.

This "immense" tq happened because the procede hit 20psi at that tq number....I fail to see the big deal. As for hp, he picked up 30-40 with 3-4psi more boost. Once again, I fail to see the big deal.

IMO the only way these would seem attractive is if they were in the 1500-1800 dollar range so people can think about them incase their stockers fail. For 2800 dollars, no wg solution, plus a core, it's going to be a hard sale, esp with the pita install involved.
    Last edited by Laloosh; 04-24-2010 at 03:49 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Robin@EPL Click here to enlarge
    ... I'm not sure if you realize how significant 60HP and 80TQ is on a car that was already at the limit of it's modifications. With a high flowing set of downpipes and exhaust, an intercooler and intake, and an aggressive procede tune, the car made over 64ft/lbs of torque simply by changing the turbos. ...
    Please let me know if you have any questions I can answer.

Cheers

Robin, EPL
    i was told the tune was just a average daily driver tune....?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry to see your misfortune JPSimon. Must be a terrible feeling seeing your car like that in the parking lot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i was told the tune was just a average daily driver tune....?
    I believe it had a change in the mapping to reduce boost taper up top, thats it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    15 percent for dynojet and 15 percent for rwd? you're telling me that this 380ish would turn into 494....lay off the drugs lol
    We're advertising these turbos as making 60HP and 80FT/LB over the stock set. Considering many people are over 400WHP on a RWD dynojet, my math isn't far off. Trust me, as soon as we have quality data from a RWD car it will be posted here.

Is there a compressor map available? Max cfm? Max psi? you know anything that would actually show importance other than a dyno that compres stock turbos at 16psi vs yours at 19-20.
    What's wrong with raising the boost? Of course we are going to take advantage of the natural ability of these turbos to flow more air while remaining in their efficiency range, that's the point of the upgrade.

This "immense" tq happened because the procede hit 20psi at that tq number....I fail to see the big deal. As for hp, he picked up 30-40 with 3-4psi more boost. Once again, I fail to see the big deal.
    I'm terribly sorry you're unimpressed--- maybe you'd be more convinced after you try and catch one of these cars with your stock turbos! Click here to enlarge

IMO the only way these would seem attractive is if they were in the 1500-1800 dollar range so people can think about them incase their stockers fail. For 2800 dollars, no wg solution, plus a core, it's going to be a hard sale, esp with the pita install involved.
    We have seen no wastegate issues with these, core charge is immediately refunded upon receipt of your stock turbos, and the kit was designed to be simple to install. No custom parts, no oil blockoffs or house rerouting, they bolt on and fit just like stock.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Robin how long do you guys take normally to respond to email?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

So in conclusion, you answered all my questions without answering them.
    No map, no cfm, wg issues come with stockers therefore no solution to that either.
    My install comment shouldn't be based off oil lines ect ect. Any turbo upgrade on this car is a major pita, hence its going to be hard to justify the cost of these.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much is spool-up affected??
    This is my signature... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Robin how long do you guys take normally to respond to email?
    George--

I don't see an email from you, please resend it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I guess ill just take that as a "i don't know"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I guess ill just take that as a "i don't know"
    It's a very low production wheel from an independent company. Based off a larger HTA wheel that has been extensively tested by us and at least a dozen other tuners in the industry to perform incredibly.

Mapping of this wheel has not taken place yet but we would love to share them once we have the data. In the mean time, it is immediately evident that at the pressures we are running the turbos are much more efficient than the stock units.

I'm sorry these turbos aren't for you, I hope a solution comes out soon that will meet your needs. For now, we have one set left at the introductory price.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 Click here to enlarge
    How much is spool-up affected??
    On the dyno, due to how the car is loaded during spool, it's hard to say for sure. On the street, they don't feel any larger than stock, but the power keeps pulling all the way to redline. I'll let jpsimon speak for the results, as he has been driving the turbos daily now for a while.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    On the street there isn't too big of a difference at all, any small amount of "lag" is quickly forgotten as you ride the 18psi-19psi all the way towards redline

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Robin@EPL Click here to enlarge
    ... For now, we have one set left at the introductory price.
    its going up? to what?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast