Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The book thread aka What are you reading?

Just want to start reading more books instead of just stuff on the internet. So any recommendations are appreciated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not reading anything at the moment but I read a book called "Catcher in the Rye" sometime ago and though it was pretty good, check it out.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    Not reading anything at the moment but I read a book called "Catcher in the Rye" sometime ago and though it was pretty good, check it out.
    If I do I'll have to complete my 6th grade book report.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    autocad for dummies 2011 - it was a self-venture....just haven't had time to finish.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If I do I'll have to complete my 6th grade book report.
    HAHAHAHAHA I had a feeling I was going to get a response like that from someone.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, read "the giver" while you're at it...I read that sometime ago too Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A bunch of people on this site have mentioned some good/interesting books delving on a wide range of topics. Let's hear it peeps...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Reading Atlas Shrugged for like the 100th time but that is the greatest book ever. Read that asap if you can.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm kind of a book nerd...and a fantasy/sci-fi one at that :\

But I'll read anything by R. A. Salvatore (his stuff is super nerdy though). The Song of Fire and Ice was good (first book is called Game of Thrones, might've heard of the TV show? Click here to enlarge ). I also really liked any book by Chuck Palahniuk (the movie fight club was based on his book), I really liked choke; it was pretty awesome. I've heard the Wheel of Time Series is good. I also heard the Dresden Files are good by Jim Butcher. I dunno, I read lots of Sci-Fi books like I said. I guess I really enjoyed Fahrenheit 451 and Toxin too. But those are kind of gross and you probably won't want to eat meat for a while after reading one of those. LMK what you think about those, I have more I can recommend but those are some pretty deep series so...
    BimmerBoost's Resident n00b...Click here to enlarge

Titanium Silver 2003 335 Ci || Premium Package || Sport Package || SOLD
    Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    it really depends on what type of genre you're looking for, but an interesting one along the lines of whats going in the world, freakanomics and confessions of an economic hitman

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, read "the giver" while you're at it...I read that sometime ago too Click here to enlarge
    Mother $#@!er hahahaha.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    it really depends on what type of genre you're looking for, but an interesting one along the lines of whats going in the world, freakanomics and confessions of an economic hitman
    I myself am looking for stuff that makes me think or provides info I did not know. But basically, this is a thread to suggest anything.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rich Dad Poor Dad was a good book and basically gave a lot of lessons on how to live life in an intelligent manner...

Sapphire Metallic Black 2008 535i || Custom Mandrel Bend Borla Exhaust || BMS Spacers || CMS Pro Meth Kit || JB4 || BMS DCI || SOLD
    Alpine White 2012 C63 Coupe || AMG Development Package || Multimedia Package || Lighting Package || LEASE ENDED
    Alpine White 2015 M3 || Driver Assistance Plus || Executive Package || Lighting Package || M Double-clutch and Adaptive M Suspension ||

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm currently reading a book series of Florence Scovel Shinn. this is a pretty good book if you are mentally screwed, helps you find the way back.

name of the books are these:

-The Game of Life
    -Your Word is Your Wand
    -The Secret Door to Success
    -Collected works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just got done reading Big Brother: The Orwellian Nightmare Come True by Mark Dice. Good read
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tale of two cities
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    All I read is BB! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont read novels. Novels are stupid. They are made up stories. They dont exist, dont try to convince me otherwise because you are stupid.

So I like to read textbooks, history books or biographies.

My favorite book of all time is "Surely you're joking Mr. Feynman!"

My personal role model was Richard P Feynman the theoretical physicist. His life was probably the most interesting of anybody in this world.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    My favorite book of all time is "Surely you're joking Mr. Feynman!"
    What is it about?

And I'm with you, I want to read biographies, history, stuff that has been hidden from us, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    started the "the life and death of Adolf Hitler"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha my bad, my reading selections are more fiction...let us know what you pick though and how you like it, I'm always down for a good book regardless of genre

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    who ever is into a badass guy (sometimes badass chick helpers too) and guns/weapons and plotted by mystery and thrilling sequences will love the Reacher series by Lee Child. I've read a lot of them, a few of my favorites are One Shot, The Persuader and Gone Tomorrow. I also just finished Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell, an interesting book, surrounded with a lot of controversy, I've read that a lot of SEALs do not approve of the book, but I found it interesting, not being part of the Armed Forces, let alone the Special Forces.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What is it about?

And I'm with you, I want to read biographies, history, stuff that has been hidden from us, etc.
    It is about his life. He tells you the story of his own life, in first person. He basically takes you on a journey from when he was a kid, what type of personality he had and how he ended up being one of the most profound physicists of this time. He was known as being sort of a very outlandish man, he hated structure and snobby politicians. He drank beer, loved to $#@!, and helped design the first atomic bomb at los alamos.

He wasnt just a physicist, he was a renaissance man of this day. Everything he liked or showed interest in, he pursused. He like the bongos, so he went to brazil and learned to play the bongos. He like japan, so he learned japanese (or some of it). He was just a regular guy that showed interest in different things, the beauty of this man is that he was always just a regular guy and didnt need to put up a facade just because he was a brilliant theoretical physicist.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    It is about his life. He tells you the story of his own life, in first person. He basically takes you on a journey from when he was a kid, what type of personality he had and how he ended up being one of the most profound physicists of this time. He was known as being sort of a very outlandish man, he hated structure and snobby politicians. He drank beer, loved to $#@!, and helped design the first atomic bomb at los alamos.

He wasnt just a physicist, he was a renaissance man of this day. Everything he liked or showed interest in, he pursused. He like the bongos, so he went to brazil and learned to play the bongos. He like japan, so he learned japanese (or some of it). He was just a regular guy that showed interest in different things, the beauty of this man is that he was always just a regular guy and didnt need to put up a facade just because he was a brilliant theoretical physicist.
    Ok, I'm interested. I'll add it to the list.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Marine One...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast