Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

ER Charge Pipe + Tial Q BOV first impressions

I installed this duo in my car this evening, in preparation for the eventual arrival of my meth kit -- and my first impressions is .. wow!

It was a very easy install; party due to me helping with another install a few weeks ago. Probably took me about 45 minutes from opening hood to closing.. some of which was spent hunting down lost tools!

Naturally, I took my car for a test drive immediately after, and I have to say, this BOV is obnoxiously loud on my manual car. It's going to take me a while to get used to this sound, but I feel like I'm re-living my youth.. LOL. I'll try to get some sound bites this weekend.

But the thing that has truly blown me away; is the throttle response! I feel like I have a whole different car, and this was totally unexpected. It is so much more responsive now, I couldn't stop jabbing away on the throttle. This makes the car feel much faster than before (even though it probably isn't).

I'd highly recommend this upgrade if you can get around the ppsssssshshhhhhh noise, it certainly attracts a lot of attention.

Sorry for the crappy iphone pics

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

vid of psshhhh sound!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigup Click here to enlarge
    I installed this duo in my car this evening, in preparation for the eventual arrival of my meth kit -- and my first impressions is .. wow!

It was a very easy install; party due to me helping with another install a few weeks ago. Probably took me about 45 minutes from opening hood to closing.. some of which was spent hunting down lost tools!

Naturally, I took my car for a test drive immediately after, and I have to say, this BOV is obnoxiously loud on my manual car. It's going to take me a while to get used to this sound, but I feel like I'm re-living my youth.. LOL. I'll try to get some sound bites this weekend.

But the thing that has truly blown me away; is the throttle response! I feel like I have a whole different car, and this was totally unexpected. It is so much more responsive now, I couldn't stop jabbing away on the throttle. This makes the car feel much faster than before (even though it probably isn't).

I'd highly recommend this upgrade if you can get around the ppsssssshshhhhhh noise, it certainly attracts a lot of attention.

Sorry for the crappy iphone pics

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    No need to apologize for the Iphone pics, they are just there to supplement your impressions anyway. They do the job.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I'm not a fan of that ppsssssshshhhhhh noise, but would like to see a video about it.

BTW Nice Apples there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'll be sure to get some video today!

Its actually quite entertaining to have this noise come from a very stock-looking 335i Click here to enlarge I think my wife might be too embarrassed to get in my car now .. ha ha

To keep you going, here is a sound I recorded a few weeks ago, with DCI and stock diverter:

Last edited by bigup; 07-09-2011 at 12:51 PM.
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I have the same bov on my car, nobody gives a crap when they hear it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

lol
    Click here to enlarge