Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Sorry if my comment at Terry came across a little harsh. But there is only so much bs/hypocrasy I can take. Even from Terry. I think he should concentrate on improving his product instead of trying to $#@! on the results of others. Same suggestion as before when he challenged me to a mutual audit a few weeks ago to establish who is the most popular tuner. Someone needs to stop taking these things so personally. And it aint me.

Shiv
    Shiv, you have been given plenty of leeway and you know it. No one here minds you contributing technical details and setting what you feel as erroneous statements concerning the PROcede correct. We look forward to the day where you support BB with more than shots at Terry Click here to enlarge Yes, some of the shots are personal from both sides, but BMS is a supporting vendor here and has sitewide sponsorship.

This 1/4 mile run is a great achievement and I am still trying to figure out if this is the only N54 to get in the 1.5 60 foot range.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Shiv, you have been given plenty of leeway and you know it. No one here minds you contributing technical details and setting what you feel as erroneous statements concerning the PROcede correct. We look forward to the day where you support BB with more than shots at Terry Click here to enlarge Yes, some of the shots are personal from both sides, but BMS is a supporting vendor here and has sitewide sponsorship.

This 1/4 mile run is a great achievement and I am still trying to figure out if this is the only N54 to get in the 1.5 60 foot
    range.
    I believe oldbooster hit a 1.59 in his 135i jb3 car

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    I believe oldbooster hit a 1.59 in his 135i jb3 car
    Thank you!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sorry if my comment at Terry came across a little harsh. But there is only so much hypocrasy I can take. I think Terry should concentrate on advancing his product instead of trying to poop on the results of others. Same suggestion i made a few weeks ago when he challenged me to a mutual audit to establish who is the most popular tuner (?!?!). In this business, it's about your customers and your product. Not your ego.

Shiv

ps. Yesterday, my pre-turbo '05 Gallardo was running 115mph traps by comparison. Also 6MT and right in line with other results from all over the US.
    Oh Shiv, I challenged you to an audit because you made a sales claim we both knew was false. You've also made the claim to having the worlds quickest non-nitrous N54 and we both know that isn't true also. So is the one with the ego he who makes these false claims, or the one who challenges them? I had no intention to poop on StartupJunkie's run. Sorry if it came across that way. Hopefully when the meth is working, etc, MPH will come back up where we'd expected given yours and Warren's traps there.

On 60' times I've cut a few high 1.5s but they were only good for 11.7x runs at Famoso. I think Oldbooster cut a 1.49 once...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

olderboost didn't cut a 1.49, are you crazy? Do you realize what it takes to get into the 1.4s? lol cmon terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

olderboost didn't cut a 1.49, are you crazy? Do you realize what it takes to get into the 1.4s? lol cmon terry
    Maybe it was a low 1.5, but I remember reading about a simply crazy 60' time out of him. I'll search around tomorrow. I've cut a few 1.4s in a mid/high 10 second N/A car. Made around 490rw @ 3200# race weight.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-18-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Maybe it was a low 1.5, but I remember reading about a simply crazy 60' time out of him. I'll search around tomorrow. I've cut a few 1.4s in a mid/high 10 second N/A car. Made around 490rw @ 3200# race weight.
    That is a bit different.

Were you on slicks? Was the suspension modified? High stall?

A 1.4 on the stock suspension 135 with the stock stall and drag radials is tough to swallow.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Before saying it, verifying with oldbooster may help your cause.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That is a bit different.

Were you on slicks? Was the suspension modified? High stall?

A 1.4 on the stock suspension 135 with the stock stall and drag radials is tough to swallow.
    According to Larry his best was 1.54 pre-nitrous on Hoosiers. With the nitrous he never really tried launching off the line with it as he was running normal drag radials. So not a 1.49 but I think it's doable with nitrous off the line. If you can cut a 1.5 you can cut a 1.4 with more power IMHO.

The 1.45s I personally ran were in a 2001 Camaro Z28, mostly stock suspension, big slicks, with a big stall to match the big camshaft.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

It's an impressive run, but also a pretty fast track. We had a full weight customer run 11.71@120.5 there a couple weeks ago. Basically if you want to run fast in California or the surrounding states driving to Sacramento is a prerequisite. Click here to enlarge
    "Full weight?" Did his unpainted carbon fiber hood come stock? Once again, you might want to ask him (JR) about his complete list of mods before making claims Terry.

He did have that one really good run though. His other runs weren't as good due to limp mode and shift issues.

Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

"Full weight?" Did his unpainted carbon fiber hood come stock? Once again, you might want to ask him (JR) about his complete list of mods before making claims Terry.

He did have that one really good run though. His other runs weren't as good due to limp mode and shift issues.

Shiv
    I know someone who has a 335i auto with the JB3 and when we tried running he had shift issues and I think he entered limp mode too, but this was like a month or 2 ago and I believe he was running a beta map
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    I know someone who has a 335i auto with the JB3 and when we tried running he had shift issues and I think he entered limp mode too, but this was like a month or 2 ago and I believe he was running a beta map
    Pretty common. If you posted that on n54, you'd get banned and your post would get deleted.

shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Shiv
    I thought almost all of his runs were in the 11s, even the ones he double shifted on. His best run of 11.71 was with an almost .1th slower 60' than your best run.

But isn't it funny that some random customer off the street shows up with an off the shelf map and less mods on the tires he drove 400 miles on to get there and basically matches your glorious times? Shiv, the N54 tuning master, controlling every minute detail on a hand tuned car. It's really quite an accomplishment on JRs part if you ask me. Click here to enlarge

On tuning problems reported on N54tech, we have a forum dedicated to helping our extensive customer base. Sometimes we even get PROcede customers posting there asking for help. Any reported problem is towed there for future reference.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

His traps were all over the place. He limped on one of his runs. And he wasn't "full weight" as you claimed. Did I get anything wrong T?

Keep bragging...

Shiv

I thought almost all of his runs were in the 11s, even the ones he double shifted on. His best run of 11.71 was with an almost .1th slower 60' than your best run.

But isn't it funny that some random customer off the street shows up with an off the shelf map and less mods on the tires he drove 400 miles on to get there and basically matches your glorious times? Shiv, the N54 tuning master, controlling every minute detail on a hand tuned car. It's really quite an accomplishment on JRs part if you ask me. Click here to enlarge

On tuning problems reported on N54tech, we have a forum dedicated to helping our extensive customer base. Sometimes we even get PROcede customers posting there asking for help. Any reported problem is towed there for future reference.

http://www.n54tech.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

His traps were all over the place. He limped on one of his runs. And he wasn't "full weight" as you claimed. Did I get anything wrong T?

Keep bragging...

Shiv
    If the limp is for pushing duty cycle too high it's working perfectly. And he mentioned he was having shifting problems killing his traps. Sounds like "StartupJunkie" is also. On the weight I meant no concerted "drag strip glory" weight removal attempt was made. E.G. No passenger seat removal. He ran the car how he runs it daily right down to the tires.

But big picture here to me, it's customers times like JRs that are really the most impressive and telling. It's one thing for you or I to hand tune a car, control the variables, and help the driver put down a great time. It's another thing for a random customer to show up at a track and get it done on his own. And I'm not talking about just JR or fully modified cars. Sometimes its the average Joe tune only customer. We had a 335i tune only customer run 12.4@112 on stock tires last weekend (one of just many nice times reported). Extremely impressive stuff.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

But big picture here to me, it's customers times like JRs that are really the most impressive and telling. It's one thing for you or I to hand tune a car, control the variables, and help the driver put down a great time. It's another thing for a random customer to show up at a track and get it done on his own. And I'm not talking about just JR or fully modified cars. Sometimes its the average Joe tune only customer. We had a 335i tune only customer run 12.4@112 on stock tires last weekend (one of just many nice times reported). Extremely impressive stuff.
    ya I saw a completely stock 335i with the only mod being a JB3 and MAYBE a drop in filter do 12.6 and 12.5
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

If the limp is for pushing duty cycle too high it's working perfectly. And he mentioned he was having shifting problems killing his traps. Sounds like "StartupJunkie" is also. On the weight I meant no concerted "drag strip glory" weight removal attempt was made. E.G. No passenger seat removal. He ran the car how he runs it daily right down to the tires.

112mph isn't "extremely" impressive stuff as far as the tune goes. Good driving to get a 12.4 ET. But not indicative of brag-worthy power. As for jb3 limping, I'll make sure to comfort the jb3 guys i see at the track about the throw away runs where their car limps across the line. "Terry wants that to happen... it's okay" Click here to enlarge

shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

112mph isn't "extremely" impressive stuff as far as the tune goes. Good driving to get a 12.4 ET. But not indicative of brag-worthy power. As for jb3 limping, I'll make sure to comfort the jb3 guys i see at the track about the throw away runs where their car limps across the line. "Terry wants that to happen... it's okay" Click here to enlarge

shiv
    Hey, it happens. We also get some heart-broken guys who hit their set boost limit during a great launch and revert to the stock map. That is what safety systems are for. Easy enough to bypass if someone is so inclined. With JR running maybe 97 octane and a basic meth kit with no way to verify how much its flowing or if its flowing at all, I would not suggest he completely remove the safety.

As far as 12.4@112, I think you've gotten a little out of touch with the majority of your customer base. Here's a hint: they aren't all running 17-18psi maps with methnaol. Take the Colorado track day last week. There were 2-3 V4 cars, a JB3 car, and a Dinan car. All tune only. I don't even think they had drop in filters. One V4 did 103 on race gas mix, JB3 did 103 on a race gas mix, one V4 had misfires and limps all day, and the Dinan ran 100mph. Those are real customers with real results.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

a jb3 car trapping 112....noway. so a 12.4 at 112 from an auto is impressive now but my 12.3 @ 116.9 from a MT isnt worth "bragging about" and that was on 93 octane, no race gas, just meth. imo race gas and meth do the same thing at the track. Running both is overkill unless you have timing problems for whatever reasons.

makes you wonder if these saftey issues that cause limp mode would still be a problem if boost wasnt dancing all over the place? Me thinks they wouldnt

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

It depends on the boost level, but if you're pushing boost up meth is much stronger than just race gas. Look at the IATs on this run. Around 150 degrees at the top of 4th with 5X degree ambient temperature. Actually to get back on topic, Shiv can you post StartupJunie's log with IAT, meth flow, etc? I'm surprised the meth wasn't working as you said your tuning doesn't push the boost target up without registering methanol flow?

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

so that logs shows 2nd gear through 4th. Boost going to 16 to 14 up to 16 falling to 14 in 2nd, then going 17.9ish down to 17 falling to 15, then going to 4th 18 falling to 17.5 then dropping to 16 suddenly is the way you designed the curves? Wouldnt it be simpler to simply hold steady boost in every gear? not the mention that run bogged the 3-4 shift and yet the logs show nothing of that sort. Wierd I tell ya, good luck. Blazing 12.8 @ 111, you think meth will gain 5-6mph on that car? Hope so.
    It depends on the boost level, but if you're pushing boost up meth is much stronger than just race gas. Look at the IATs on this run. Around 150 degrees at the top of 4th with 5X degree ambient temperature. Actually to get back on topic, Shiv can you post StartupJunie's log with IAT, meth flow, etc? I'm surprised the meth wasn't working as you said your tuning doesn't push the boost target up without registering methanol flow?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Boost is mapped on RPM and IAT among others. Generally 16.5psi peak taper starting at 5500rpm on map 8 as above. As IAT goes up boost goes up with it. In taller gears you accelerate more slowly so the taper stretches as a function of time (X axis).

We're testing a new beta firmware now that levels out boost in colder temps. Also better levels out the race maps across a wider range of IAT. Boost by IAT mapping was something we didn't spend much time with in previous 2.0 betas (just took the 1.4 logic across) but finally getting around to it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

I just feel like the ait boost levels are far to sensative, ive seen memeber runs from 18 to 12 psi on the same map 8 depending if its cold out. wouldnt it make more sense to do the opposite of what you do. Cold, more boost, hot less boost, your system seems to work ass backwards.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

I just feel like the ait boost levels are far to sensative, ive seen memeber runs from 18 to 12 psi on the same map 8 depending if its cold out. wouldnt it make more sense to do the opposite of what you do. Cold, more boost, hot less boost, your system seems to work ass backwards.
    I agree the IAT schedules need work. Meth really exposed a weakness with them as suddenly IAT can vary dramatically from one moment to the next. On map 8 we would see as low as 14psi and as high as 18psi from say 40 degrees IAT to say 140 degrees IAT. The goal with the new firmware is to tighten that down to 16-17psi within the same range. On the lower maps we go the other way, less boost with hotter IATs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Maybe Terry can start his own tread about how he can improve his tune. Because this thread is about StartupJunkie's run.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast