Hybrid View

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

PROcede customer car goes 11.64 @ 121.356

No meth Click here to enlarge

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=376110

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StartupJunkie Click here to enlarge
    Background
    - Thanks to the volcano in Iceland blowing its top, my trip to the UK got cancelled. The wife gave me a day pass and I wanted to see how well the beta version of autotuning works. If it sucked, then I would load up the older maps and do a few runs. When I called Shiv for some last minute advice, he said today would be a lousy day to run … its too hot. I told I don't get hallpass from the wife very often and I was going to go anyways. Shiv calls me back later and said that he would come up and do some baseline testing on his Lambo before he sticks twin-turbos on it (yikes!!!).
    - I gave him feedback that the work of doing datalogging and putting in minor tweaks to get the last 5% out of my car was too much work. The level of granularity on some settings go in the hundredths of a unit and it was a bit tedious to have to do this … especially the tweaked settings I put in are simply my guess from reading the datalogs, which are based on very limited experience over a greatly varying environment. Autotuning is suppose to be really brainless and better since it can adjust more often than you would ever want to do via the user adjustable settings.

Conditions:
    - Temperature: 74 degF (from the onboard dash) … a bunch of the "serious" racers said that it was closer to 78 degF on the track. They had some remote gauge they put out there so they can drink their beers in the motorhome (awesome!!)

Car Details:
    - Rear Tires --> Kosei K-1 with Hoosier Drag Radials pumped to 25psi
    - Front Tires --> normal street tire (225x40x18) pumped to 50psi
    - Passenger seat was removed
    - Mods/Parts are in my signature below
    - Sunoco Race Gas (5 gallons) - tank read just over 1/4 full after gas was added
    - METH WAS NOT WORKING - I am not sure why. I manually tested and primed it, but the level did not change all day from the tape marking the starting levels. The datalogs showed the temps going up through each of my runs … bummer!!.

Goal:
    - Get a good 60'
    - Beat my old PR (11.947 @119.947mph - 2nd gear launch)
    - Beat Shiv's time that he got with my car (11.706 @ 121.437)
    - See if autotune is really - "gas and go" simple

Results:
    - 11.647@121.356mph (74degF)
    - 1.59 seconds for 60'
    - Hit the rev limiter in 1st gear (no-no!!)
    - Hit the rev limiter in 2nd gear (no-no!!)
    - METH was NOT working (i need to debug this)

Click here to enlarge

Closing Comments:
    - AUTOMATICS MUST LAUNCH FROM M1 … in the past I got good times and could hit 1.7x 60' in my sleep, but I was always launching from 2nd gear and you just give up too much momentum by not launch from 1st gear (my 60', 1/8 trap and 1/4 traps got higher)
    - SHIFT BEFORE 6200 RPM … this may be tune dependent, but there is a boost taper on PROcedes after 6500 RPM.
    - THE PADDLE SHIFTERS DON'T SLOW YOUR SHIFT … but it does add a delay, you simply have to account for this if you want to use the paddles. From my notes, 1st gear, I have hit the paddle 1000rpm early than I would the level. In 2nd gear, I would hit the paddle 500-600RPM earlier and in 3rd gear it was about 300RPM earlier … to get the shift to happen when I want it.
    - M1 to M2 COMES FAST … holy smokey its really, really fast … I hit the lever at 4500RPM and it didn't shift until after I was bumping the rev limiter.
    - AUTOMATICS HAVE IT EASY … if you're using the new v4 firmware, the launch control is stupid easy. I can cut 1.6x 60' at will (heck, i even got a 1.59 60')
    - PROcede v4 LAUNCH CONTROL WORKS!! --- 1.6x 60' for anybody that has two feet. (so easy, a cave man can do it)
    - PROcede v4 AUTOTUNING WORKS!! --- yes, you can turn off your motor and it still knows what it did last time. You don't have to do anything ... just gas and go, let it take care of everything else!!

Special Thanks To:
    - shiv@vishnu --> for making a great product, even if its in beta form I would take it any day of the week!!
    - darwin @ SonicMotorports (Mountain View, CA) --> they installed EVERYTHING in my car. The have great pricing (project based, so if it runs long, its on their dime), super friendly, incredibly helpful and dead-nuts reliable. Its worth the drive, if you need anything done to your car.
    - Mr.5 --> for calculating all those weight savings which convinced me to take out the passenger seat (4 bolts and a clip)
    - All the Other Drag Racing Folks on e90post - I've learned a ton from reading all your threads (JB3, GIAC and VISHNU). Your work and willingness to share is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for reading.

Junk

PS - I think there is a bit more in there. I could do better if I wasn't bumping the rev limiter in 1st and 2nd gears, going on a colder night and having METH working. No complaints, just areas for improvement ... I need to find another hallpass!!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

This was posted on n54 tech, only for terry to delete the thread and partial ban the member who started it. Denial is a $#@! son.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Laloosh Click here to enlarge
    This was posted on n54 tech, only for terry to delete the thread and partial ban the member who started it. Denial is a $#@! son.
    lol...nice
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Damn.. hope theres some reason other than just because of that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Why was this deleted? Just for being posted?

1.59 60 foot... is that the best 60 foot ever seen on the N54? I think so.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

nope, no reason. Terry is just acting like a dick latly. Whatever his board. 4 local guys in ne dumped the jb3 this week and got the procede lol. Truth comes out

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Congrats to StartupJunkie a fast run! He's closing in on Hotrod's auto MPH record @ Sac.

On N54Tech all are welcome but those who are there to actively promote will have their accounts limited or be banned. It's a subjective call.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-18-2010 at 03:03 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    On N54Tech all are welcome but those who are there to actively promote will have their accounts limited or be banned. It's a subjective call.
    You're subjectively lame.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Those that are banned know exactly what they are doing. I think you'd be surprised how many PROcede users actively participate on N54Tech. Only the shadow promoters are removed. Now that tracks are opening up around the country it will be interesting to see how real customers are actually running.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, can you ban this person. He is attacking a supporting vendor under his bottom tier company account. Personal attacks shouldn't be allowed here. Feel free to remove this post at the same time. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Sticky, can you ban this person. He is attacking a supporting vendor under his bottom tier company account. Personal attacks shouldn't be allowed here. Feel free to remove this post at the same time. Thanks.
    As stated in another thread, Shiv has actually contributed useful information to the BB community while engaging in several discussions with other tuners.

his post history is informative and beneficial to the community unlike other companies with a negative and troublesome post history.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Got PSI Click here to enlarge
    As stated in another thread, Shiv has actually contributed useful information to the BB community while engaging in several discussions with other tuners.

his post history is informative and beneficial to the community unlike other companies with a negative and troublesome post history.
    in order words, he is exception to the rule.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    You raise a very good point and Shiv knows he is pushing the limits as to what a guest vendor can do.

This thread does involve his product. A difficult balance but it will be maintained Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You raise a very good point and Shiv knows he is pushing the limits as to what a guest vendor can do.

This thread does involve his product. A difficult balance but it will be maintained Click here to enlarge
    Sorry if my comment at Terry came across a little harsh. But there is only so much hypocrasy I can take. I think Terry should concentrate on advancing his product instead of trying to poop on the results of others. Same suggestion i made a few weeks ago when he challenged me to a mutual audit to establish who is the most popular tuner (?!?!). In this business, it's about your customers and your product. Not your ego.

Shiv

ps. Yesterday, my pre-turbo '05 Gallardo was running 115mph traps by comparison. Also 6MT and right in line with other results from all over the US.
    Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 04-18-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Congrats to StartupJunkie a fast run! He's closing in on Hotrod's auto MPH record @ Sac.

If by promoting you mean me saying my tune works and stating pure facts, then i guess my ban is justified. lame, go bog the 3-4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

If he posted the exact thread that I posted I dont see how he's promoting the procede. But regardless lets keep this civil. Since u can't really view this thread anywhere other than e90post and most of u fools got yourselves banned there, i figured i'd share.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TurboSid Click here to enlarge
    If he posted the exact thread that I posted I dont see how he's promoting the procede. But regardless lets keep this civil. Since u can't really view this thread anywhere other than e90post and most of u fools got yourselves banned there, i figured i'd share.
    its not hard to get banned from there haha

and yes keep it civil terry, shiv and others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

There is a thread discussing this run on N54tech, I'm looking at it right now. Terry is not trying to hide this info. I guess the original post had promoted the PROcede or attacked the JB3 in some way. And yes, there are PROcede users that post and hang out on there, so running fast on a competitive tune and posting the info there won't get you banned. That being said, I am really impressed by this run, especially for the meth to not be working!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    There is a thread discussing this run on N54tech, I'm looking at it right now. Terry is not trying to hide this info. I guess the original post had promoted the PROcede or attacked the JB3 in some way. And yes, there are PROcede users that post and hang out on there, so running fast on a competitive tune and posting the info there won't get you banned. That being said, I am really impressed by this run, especially for the meth to not be working!
    It's an impressive run, but also a pretty fast track. We had a full weight customer run 11.71@120.5 there a couple weeks ago. Basically if you want to run fast in California or the surrounding states driving to Sacramento is a prerequisite. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

It's an impressive run, but also a pretty fast track. We had a full weight customer run 11.71@120.5 there a couple weeks ago. Basically if you want to run fast in California or the surrounding states driving to Sacramento is a prerequisite. Click here to enlarge
    So everytime someone runs at Sacramento they should have a correction factor attached to their time because they're automatically "cheating"? Wouldn't taking the car there vs anywhere else be the same as taking the interior out? I mean u know the car doesn't drive on the streets without the passenger/rear seats but u take it out anyway because u know it will equal a better time. Why not also go to a track that supposedly yields better times...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TurboSid Click here to enlarge
    So everytime someone runs at Sacramento they should have a correction factor attached to their time because they're automatically "cheating"? Wouldn't taking the car there vs anywhere else be the same as taking the interior out? I mean u know the car doesn't drive on the streets without the passenger/rear seats but u take it out anyway because u know it will equal a better time. Why not also go to a track that supposedly yields better times...
    The drag racer in me thinks a lot of the traps that come out of Sacramento are bull$#@! but the marketeer in me is always happy to see our customers haul ass. I guess if everyone is running there what are you going to do. But people racing at their local tracks may be in for a big surprise if they are setting their expectations based off what they read on the net.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

The drag racer in me thinks a lot of the traps that come out of Sacramento are bull$#@! but the marketeer in me is always happy to see our customers haul ass. I guess if everyone is running there what are you going to do. But people racing at their local tracks may be in for a big surprise if they are setting their expectations based off what they read on the net.
    So then you use Sac and apply it but then criticize Sac at the same time?

Sac is an odd track, it does read fast on traps but the ET's are supposedly right on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

About Time, Finally it might be worth to get the procede.....

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

olderboost didn't cut a 1.49, are you crazy? Do you realize what it takes to get into the 1.4s? lol cmon terry

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

olderboost didn't cut a 1.49, are you crazy? Do you realize what it takes to get into the 1.4s? lol cmon terry
    Maybe it was a low 1.5, but I remember reading about a simply crazy 60' time out of him. I'll search around tomorrow. I've cut a few 1.4s in a mid/high 10 second N/A car. Made around 490rw @ 3200# race weight.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-18-2010 at 10:10 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast