Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 38 of 38
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Trevor008 Click here to enlarge
    Why do you assume he is white and escalate your discontenet with his language to violence?

    You just proved that you are a prefect candidate for doing something like the original topic and lived up to the stereotype......congrats!
    My car was not more than a month old when she got keyed by some n****rs who apparently thought I looked at them the wrong way. I parked next to them, and walked down the block to get bubble tea with a friend, came back and their beat up POS off white ford Taurus was gone, but I had a 14" long key mark right on the door.


    $#@! like that makes me want to kill them on the spot if I catch them doing it.
    escalation usually means "increasing" and going past dead is pretty difficult to do. . .now if she would have said "beat your ass off of you", then actually tracked down Matt and then proceeded to beat the ass off of him - that would be escalation of their discontent with his language to violence, there really was no escalation, just violent words matching violent words...also, just out of curiousity, what stereotype are they living up too?

    Do you beat everyone one up who says nigg3r??
    Maybe I'm jaded living in the DC area but regardless of what race you are, if you say that word in anger to describe someone in a derogatory manner, you'll be lucky if all you get is beat up. I don't know of many individuals who would be comfortable (brave) enough to use that word in public to describe the offending persons in the story. While Matt is free to use any word he likes, to describe any individual he likes, I personally think he started the "tough guy" portion of this exchange because I find it hard to believe that given the opportunity to confront a group of n!gg^rs, he would start the conversation by saying "hey n!gg^rs, why the f&*k are you messing with my car?"; if he is,by all means, shout it from the mountain tops; if he isn't, he probably should have chosen another descriptor...
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Murrland
    Posts
    287
    Rep Points
    489.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    escalation usually means "increasing" and going past dead is pretty difficult to do. . .now if she would have said "beat your ass off of you", then actually tracked down Matt and then proceeded to beat the ass off of him - that would be escalation of their discontent with his language to violence, there really was no escalation, just violent words matching violent words...also, just out of curiousity, what stereotype are they living up too?



    Maybe I'm jaded living in the DC area but regardless of what race you are, if you say that word in anger to describe someone in a derogatory manner, you'll be lucky if all you get is beat up. I don't know of many individuals who would be comfortable (brave) enough to use that word in public to describe the offending persons in the story. While Matt is free to use any word he likes, to describe any individual he likes, I personally think he started the "tough guy" portion of this exchange because I find it hard to believe that given the opportunity to confront a group of n!gg^rs, he would start the conversation by saying "hey n!gg^rs, why the f&*k are you messing with my car?"; if he is,by all means, shout it from the mountain tops; if he isn't, he probably should have chosen another descriptor...
    Escalation went from words about someone else that keyed his car to her implying that he should get his ass beat. I live in the DC area too but have not been limited to the area all or even the majority of my life. Escalation does not always mean acting on ones words but can mean going to a higher plain with ones words or implications. If you read the story you would understand that he did nothing wrong and walked away thinking that things would be ok and came back to a keyed car with the hoodlums gone. How is he supposed to confront him w/o being unnecessarily confrontational himself? By the way, did you just skip over the fact that she called him a white boy, a derogatory racial term in itself? If you stopped to try and understand what I was trying to say you would see that she was acting like the crazy $#@! who would key someones car just like everyone was suggesting and she got so offended about in the first place. Any assumptions or accusations about anything I said that you want to come right out and say instead of implicating?
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Escalation went from words about someone else that keyed his car to her implying that he should get his ass beat.
    Actually, what she said was:
    “Do you really talk like this, white boy? Good way to find customers. Even better way to find people who'll beat the ass off of you.”
    We must be reading this a little differently because the way it looks to me is that she is not implying or escalating anything. She’s actually stating a fact that’s applicable in many parts of the country, not just the DC metro area. Simply paraphrased: “Talking like that is a good way to get your ass beat off of you”. You are free to disagree with that conclusion if you like but I’m still fairly confident with what I said; paraphrasing again:

    if you’re black, white, hispanic, asian, middle eastern. . .Canadian, or any combination of the above, if you use that word in anger to describe someone in a derogatory manner in public, you’ll be lucky if all you get is beat up...

    I live in the DC area too but have not been limited to the area all or even the majority of my life.
    -Same,

    Escalation does not always mean acting on ones words but can mean going to a higher plain with ones words or implications
    .

    Agreed, however, and you are free to disagree, it is my opinion that she neither went to a higher plain, nor implied anything. However, if you’re concerned with escalation, I’m wondering why you have not expressed concern about the escalation in the original post. The last time I checked “a group of individuals” < “a group of (insert any race here)” < “n!gg^rs”. There APPEARS to be a double standard with how you choose to enforce your standards.

    If you read the story you would understand that he did nothing wrong and walked away thinking that things would be ok and came back to a keyed car with the hoodlums gone
    .

    Really? My parents, were, and still are, big propnants of critical thinking and reading. Because of that I do seek to understand, but I also recognize that rarely will I understand everything that’s going on - especially within two sentences, written by an individual I’ve never met, who’s prone to using language in a public forum (under his business handle) that if I was hanging out with him, could put me in the way of great physical harm ...Now reading what I just wrote (all of which are facts) - you could assume

    1) I don’t like Matt based on his post - you’d be wrong-I don’t know him so I can’t make a determination one way or the other
    2) I don’t think his depiction of the events is the whole story - you’d be right
    3) That I wouldn’t choose to hang out with him socially - you’d be wrong
    4) that I wouldn’t patronize his business - you’d be wrong.

    The only way you're going to find that out is by asking questions or me volunteering the information.


    How is he supposed to confront him w/o being unnecessarily confrontational himself?
    It actually was “them”, not “him” which is an important distinction in this case; one on one, the odds are more in favor to Matt feeling confident that he can win a physical altercation and thus being more likely to use the word “n!gg^r” to his/her face, once it was “them” that explicitly denoted a group; and once you’re talking about a group of n!gg^rs. . .well, I’ve already answered how I think that would end.

    To directly answer your question: I would imagine that confronting a group of individuals with the words “Hey you” in one case, and “Hey you N!gg^rs” in another would would be an example of one versus the other....

    By the way, did you just skip over the fact that she called him a white boy, a derogatory racial term in itself?
    Nope - too be completely candid - I purposely left it out to see if you would use your own logic both ways - you didn’t.

    I personally don’t find one more offensive than the other, however the only other post acknowledging the “white boy” comment pretty much appropriately summed it up with the emoticon. Matt said “n1gg^r”, she said “white boy”; according to your logic, one is not worse than the other - they’re both derogatory racial terms - however, you seem to be only concerned with the expression of one, rather than the other. Is that you being a racist - I honestly don’t know but I personally think everybody is racist in some way (including myself) so maybe a little. Is that you being a hypocrite? Once again, don’t know because this exchange is really not enough to come to a conclusion. Do I THINK (as opposed to know) you’re a hypocite with this example...oh yeah - but that was only after you responded with what you just said - did I have a suspicion you’d pull the “well she said “white boy”, what about that”; yes, but until you actually do it, its just that - a suspicion; and it sort of defeats the purpose of seeing what one will do if you announce “hey, if you had the chance you’d say. . .”

    If you stopped to try and understand what I was trying to say you would see that she was acting like the crazy $#@! who would key someones car just like everyone was suggesting and she got so offended about in the first place.
    I did understand what you were trying to say, but I wasn't sure, so I asked for clarification (which is another way of "stopping and trying to understand what someone is saying". Now that I know for a fact, combined with reading her three posts:

    If someone broke into this owner's garage just to key this beautiful (yet tackily graphicked) car, the incident very likely has little to nothing to do with keying $100K BMWs than it does with a crazy person's reaction to an interpersonal relationship gone sour. Be careful would be my suggestion.
    "Chick"???? Have I just joined a sausage-fest, or are we people, here?
    Do you really talk like this, white boy? Good way to find customers. Even better way to find people who'll beat the ass off of you
    My conclusion is: I’ve known crazy psycho c*&ts: don’t see the “crazy c&^t” nor the “so offended” part.

    Any assumptions or accusations about anything I said that you want to come right out and say instead of implicating?
    I wasn’t implying or accusing you of anything, I was stating (through examples) why I disagreed with you and thought that your were wrong with your statements. If you check my posts, my format is pretty simple - I’m very comfortable with someone having a different opinion than mine (or vice versa); if I disagree with you, I’ll usually spell it out in examples of why, and I’m always open to someone showing me the errors in my logic or reasoning or how I look at it (simply stating “you are wrong” usually doesn’t suffice). Do I think you’re selectively applying your standards rather than universally applying them and as a result being a little hypocritical? Yep.


    .
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Murrland
    Posts
    287
    Rep Points
    489.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    All I will say is that you are entitled to your thoughts about the situatiin as well as other people, to include me. I have my own thoughts on everything you have said including your last post. I am a part if this forum, as well as others, because I want to talk about cars and not bs like this. I should have refrained from posting in the first place. Good luck in your ventures, sir.
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    761
    Rep Points
    380.2
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    WTF this went from one side to the other, hey amigos chill out the guy who started this has not even wrote again, LOLClick here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NORCAL
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Go to PM's.

    Sorry about dudes car. I worry about mine as well.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,879
    Rep Points
    31,857.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Soilla The Grouch Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Go to PM's.

    Sorry about dudes car. I worry about mine as well.
    What? Why you bumping an old thread?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NORCAL
    Posts
    7
    Rep Points
    33.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What? Why you bumping an old thread?
    lol wow, it would appear that I am lacking in paying attention. Over a year old...my bad Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2009 Platingrau Metallic 535i xDrive

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,347
    Rep Points
    2,757.4
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    indeed it is...I didnt even know this thread turned into what it did LOL.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    594
    Rep Points
    47.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MsCaballoVerde Click here to enlarge
    Do you really talk like this, white boy? Good way to find customers. Even better way to find people who'll beat the ass off of you.
    You mad chocolate thunder?

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,347
    Rep Points
    2,757.4
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmwtek Click here to enlarge
    You mad chocolate thunder?
    The last time that person posted was 7-15-2011...or activity in general. I think they were just trolling for racism

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Tri-State
    Posts
    594
    Rep Points
    47.5
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Soilla The Grouch Click here to enlarge
    lol wow, it would appear that I am lacking in paying attention. Over a year old...my bad Click here to enlarge
    SWEET WHEELZ.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    but of course your not racist....o wait...you are...got the text msg to prove it too unfortunately...not all black people are the same fwiw buddy
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •