Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for best ECU tune for 335IS (probably another dreadful JB4 vs. Procede thread)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

^ I reped instead of you Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

No worries man. I'm not doing it for the reps, just wanting to help people out. It can get confusing trying to find out what parts are best for your car. You can find a lot of great information on these forums, you just got to look for it, but in the end it comes down to what you like and feel comfortable with.

Thanks Sorena!
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

you should give both companies a call, see which tuner you like. i am very surprised at the amount of pro jb guys here, its a bit overwhelming tbh lol, or maybe the procede guys didnt feel or want to reply to this thread. i would have figured it was or would get a little more balanced but i suppose it will never be. i would like to see some members being a bit more objective, telling the OP that its their choice or whatever, that the tunes have become quite equal and its a matter of price preference and a few other things. after dbfiu's fine reply to his question it basically turned into a jb4 thread, do you guys see that? im not wanting this to become any type of tuner war, trust me its the last thing i want or to instigate, im just writing down what i notice.

2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you should give both companies a call, see which tuner you like. i am very surprised at the amount of pro jb guys here, its a bit overwhelming tbh lol, or maybe the procede guys didnt feel or want to reply to this thread. i would have figured it was or would get a little more balanced but i suppose it will never be. i would like to see some members being a bit more objective, telling the OP that its their choice or whatever, that the tunes have become quite equal and its a matter of price preference and a few other things. after dbfiu's fine reply to his question it basically turned into a jb4 thread, do you guys see that? im not wanting this to become any type of tuner war, trust me its the last thing i want or to instigate, im just writing down what i notice.
    In forums, you're always going to get a subjective answer to these questions, there's no getting around it. Different people like different things. Some people like how the JB4 does to the car and others like what the Procede does. I know I suggested the JB4 to him, but untimately it's DdotRoq's best bet and if he can, is get both tunes and try them out. Keep the one he likes and send back or sell the other one.
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Good choice, you wont regret it, specially for how much you are paying. I haven't had any problems with the JB4, I haven't even updated the firmware since the JB4 came out, it runs perfect. I will soon though, just kinda lazy about opening the ECU and $#@! to install the usb cable lol....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge

The same can be said when someone post's on the other forum. Only difference is I can say "I like the JB4" and you can say "I like the Procede" and we can be civil about it here. Both terry and shiv can defend any claims on this forum, so even if someone says something bad about a tune, both shiv and terry can defend themselves from such claims here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pwrdbynel Click here to enlarge
    The same can be said when someone post's on the other forum. Only difference is I can say "I like the JB4" and you can say "I like the Procede" and we can be civil about it here. Both terry and shiv can defend any claims on this forum, so even if someone says something bad about a tune, both shiv and terry can defend themselves from such claims here.
    Very well said. Both voices are present here whereas elsewhere one is suppressed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is the only reason why I wish more people from E90 knew about this website.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pwrdbynel Click here to enlarge
    This is the only reason why I wish more people from E90 knew about this website.
    Tell them...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yeah tell them and get yourself banned.

but i don't give a $#@! if i get banned there, E90Post suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss s so much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Tell them...
    How can you tell them when they censor the word BimmerBoost and screen your emails for it. I'm suprised they haven't censored your name there yet.
    *JB4 Powered*

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)

You could always include the name in a graphic presentation say with a pic of a screenshot. But that will only pospone your banning I presume...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Also interested in tuning my 'is'. I really like the simplicity of the Cobb software, however, I've been a die hard Jb3 fan for three years. I've had 0 issues with the JB platform and Terry has been great.

Also GiAC said they'd give me dyno time and custom tuning if I go to their shop. That sounds enticing. Hmmm decisions decisions.
    Retired: 2008 e92 - 388whp, 423 wtrq
    New Toy: N54/DCT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    How can you tell them when they censor the word BimmerBoost and screen your emails for it. I'm suprised they haven't censored your name there yet.
    They can't censor Sticky, would kind of ruin the board Click here to enlarge You just PM them and say check out Bimmer Boost spaced out like that. Or send them a link with a url shortener like this: http://bit.ly/9dQupP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1673 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joeyballs Click here to enlarge
    Also GiAC said they'd give me dyno time and custom tuning if I go to their shop.
    Forget GIAC. They haven't shown all that much and they never respond to any e-mails at least to me that I have sent. Better options than GIAC whose BMW presence is VERY weak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joeyballs Click here to enlarge
    Also interested in tuning my 'is'. I really like the simplicity of the Cobb software, however, I've been a die hard Jb3 fan for three years. I've had 0 issues with the JB platform and Terry has been great.

Also GiAC said they'd give me dyno time and custom tuning if I go to their shop. That sounds enticing. Hmmm decisions decisions.
    If you are going flash, I would definitely go Cobb.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Yeah tell them and get yourself banned.

but i don't give a $#@! if i get banned there, E90Post suckssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss s so much.
    Very well said my friend, very well said. I can't stand to go there either, looking at the $#@! some people post, it's like they are talking out of their asses. I just go there for vendor $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    I think performance wise thy're the same. since the JB4 overrides the ECU and turns the 335IS into a 335i. Correct me if I'm wrong on that one. But you will get the advantage of all the extra cooling and DCT which is a huge plus.
    The 335is and the 335i are not the same in that manor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Forget GIAC, i've had nothing but problems with them and ended up switching to the JB4. It seems on some cars thier software just isn't right and people are getting a "surge" or underboost while accelerating. I ended up chasing a phatom boost leak and replacing my DV's before I decided to just switch the tune. Now my car runs great on the JB4.

To answer your question on what tune to buy....I would say either a Cobb or JB4. You'll get the same power, pretty much, from each but the Cobb may be easier for you to put back to stock for dealer visits. In the end, i'm staying with JB4 bc their service is great, i'm done with tuners that don't respond to emails or phone calls for days or weeks at a time.

Evolve Supercharged ///M3
    **Evolve E600 kit for sale, pm me for details**

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

For a quick low cost easy to remove unit I went with JB4 & no other option other then mixing a few gallons of 100 octane on a tank full of 93. I use the usb cable for updates & to limit boost in 1st gear. It does overwrite the IS tune when its enabled but also gives 370ftlbs of torque all the time; no 7 second limit. It has been on my car since last fall, about 3000 miles.

Click here to enlarge

BTW the stock IS dynoed at 312/314whp so the delta is plus 51whp which is within, actually a few more, what Terry said to expect. Its very refershing to have a vendor in the performance business give you the straight scoop on what his product will do.
    Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 01-21-2012 at 01:02 PM.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Do you still have the overboost function?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes on Map0 which is the pass through to the stock 335IS program.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12