Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Just how fast was Bruce Lee? Unfathomable.

It was old quality films but this is shot in real time.

if you can't stand the quality, watch around after 5mins...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    unbelievable how fast he was... i wish he was around a little longer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    in the time it takes me to conjure up enough speed for one punch, he's already kicked me in the head, broken my ribs a few times and walked off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wing chun at one of its finest... i wish i learned it sometimes. its just so awesome
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wish I learned Martial arts...well there is still much time!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

thank you for that. That was a spiritual experience for me
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's something we don't see in a world of Brock Lesners and UFC...even Jet-li/Jackie Chan movies are a thing of the past.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now that's fast !

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even if I was half as good at that I'm sure that would suffice.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    People forget to realize he wasnt just the fastest man, he was also a philosopher and a brilliant person.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is no comparison to Bruce Lee, none. He has changed the game and so far ahead, nobody can catch up.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It really makes you shake your head at all of the "what if" scenarios, you know? That was a real special person right there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I always thought of him as a mother theresa that could kick ass and chew bubble gum.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Crazy how extremely strong and fast he was. Just goes to show you don't need big muscles to be crazy strong. His lightning speed compensated for the lack in mass. Check out some of the other vids in youtube. Apperently he could kick a 300lb sandbag and send it flying to the ceiling.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    It's something we don't see in a world of Brock Lesners and UFC...even Jet-li/Jackie Chan movies are a thing of the past.
    Well, I get your point. But I disagree.

First, movies and real fighting cannot be compared. Even Bruce advocated this. His movies were meant to entertain but also to educate the masses with his philosophy. He was a philosopher, among other things.

Sure, Lesnar, when not dying of Diverticulitis, is not as quick as Bruce, but there are plenty of MMA fighters with lightening speed. Jose Aldo comes to mind and realistically, he would have taken Bruce apart. Also, Fedor when he was in his prime was nearly as fast of a striker as Bruce was, pound for pound.

Bruce is the father of MMA, obviously. But, unfortunately for him, he died before being personally exposed to other very relavent arts in their purely specific forme. For instance, it's likely that Bruce knew of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, but his only exposure to it would have been through his time studying Judo, specifically, Kosen Judo, which emphasizes ground techniques.

I can share a technique that Bruce advocated for increasing speed of your straight punches: Hange a piece of school paper from an overhang. Hang it by a small string, shoe lace, etc. You can accomplish this by punching a small hole in the top of the paper and tying the string to the paper and the other end to the overhang, cieling, etc.

Your objective is to punch the paper with your knuckles fast enough that you break an hole in the paper. To do this, you will need to focus on the snap of your punch. To get used to this technique you can even say/breathe "snap" aloud as you make contact with the paper. You will most likely not succeed in breaking a hole in the paper with a snappy punch but you will feel like you are on the verge of doing so.

The faster your punch, the more likely you are to break a hole in the paper.

Bruce didn't emphasize speed because it was fun to strike fast (although it is) or because it looks cool and intimidating (it does, and it does) -- and btw, I know you didn't suggest this, I'm just clarifying his ideology as it relates to fast striking -- rather, Bruce promoted speed training to meet his martial ideological goal, which was described in the very name of his martial art: Jeet Kun Do - The Way of the Intercepting Fist.

So, Bruce's main objective in fighting was to beat you to the punch. Don't block and then punch. Instead, train your body so that your timing is up to par and you can anticipate your opponent's offensive tactics and then beat him to the punch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Crazy how extremely strong and fast he was. Just goes to show you don't need big muscles to be crazy strong. His lightning speed compensated for the lack in mass. Check out some of the other vids in youtube. Apperently he could kick a 300lb sandbag and send it flying to the ceiling.
    It's true size isn't everything. But, to be more accurate, Bruce stayed pretty shredded most of the time, so he had low body fat. He walked around, shredded at like 135 lbs. If he would have allowed himself to have a little more body fat, he would have been closer to 150 lbs. He would still look muscular and defined at that weight and he would have been even stronger.

The bag that he sidekicked on his patio was probably between 100 and 150 lbs. No more than that. It's still awesome to see him crack that back in that way. But, when you get your side kick down you can generate so much force. Bruce advocated stomping your rear foot right before sending out the front leg (the leg that was side kicking) to generate even more force. It works great.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^Interesting. I really wish he wouldn't have died so young. Oh well R.I.P.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is elegant - the speed and precision just amazes me. I can't imagine defending against someone like that - it would be a joke. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    what you see in this video did not do Bruce Lee's speed full justice, as he had to pull back his punches somewhat in order not to hurt the other guy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bruce Lee was amazing. Fast and strong. I think others have come close to his speed but not his power. This is one guy...

Tune only 60-130: 8.57
    Tune only 1/4 mile record: 11.531 @ 122.12

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very cool dude. That $#@! almost looks fake. Amazing how fast the body can be, when trained properly.