Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Well it worked fine for a long time and suddenly broke down, with a new injector even before the coding I had no missfires. I think the injectors are not supposed to work forever but to be replaced over time.
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    Well it worked fine for a long time and suddenly broke down, with a new injector even before the coding I had no missfires. I think the injectors are not supposed to work forever but to be replaced over time.
    Even port fuel injectors fail and degrade over time. I replaced one on an old Maxima which also needed coils. I wonder how diesel injectors and Audi DI injectors have been holding up as they see similar pressures. The conti injectors in N54 are piezo too which could be different than other DI injectors.

I wonder if the coding is direct measurements of cc/min, mg/sec, ramp time etc. If it is, then the variations are pretty small.

I recall some of the older port fuel injectors were sold in matched or balanced sets by fuel shops.They just bought a lot and grouped the ones that matched together and sold as sets for more $$$. The oem were said to be +/- 2.5% IIRC. Prob much tighter now I hope.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

did anyone try the bosch injectors?? i was so stupid that i bought some and they do not look alike at all!
    but from the part nr: 0 261 500109 they should fit.. it just looks so weird! i dont dare to try and push them in there!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R3dnax Click here to enlarge
    did anyone try the bosch injectors?? i was so stupid that i bought some and they do not look alike at all!
    but from the part nr: 0 261 500109 they should fit.. it just looks so weird! i dont dare to try and push them in there!
    Click here to enlarge
    I think that is the N55 injector by a quick glance.
    07 335XI(A008006) 6AT ~105K miles JB4 G5 ISO VSRF DP's
    09 135I(VK80379) 6MT. Race Project car.
    1) Install Modified Motiv 600 Kit[HTA3076R w/ tial .82] 2) Moton 4 suspension. 3) Build high flow intake manifold with multi-port fuel and relocate OFH 4) Build full cage possible rear diff upgrade 5) Complete staged twin setup with HTA4205R [w/Tial 1.16] 6) Complete dry sump system 7) Sequential maybe

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

oooh crap.. on the page i ordered and on this ebay site it says it will fit my e92 n54.. :/ i guess they are wrong.. ill have to get it returned then

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I just replaced a bank of injectors and the plastic clip on the electrical connection fell down into the engine bay. As with anything that falls downs there, its almost impossible to find.

Anyone know if this part can be bought on its own and what the number would be? (image from OP post: http://www.bimmerboost.com/attachmen...5&d=1308225370)

The closest I have found is 12512247474 (part #12 http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=13_1182), if that is something else, perhaps its only provided with the injector loom?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Definitely not #12 . It's hard to tell from the picture but #12 on real OEM is actually a bright blue socket housing. Did it actually snap off the injector? It's not this piece is it?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

No, definitely not a piece of the injector. It's a little clip that secures the electrical connection to the injector. See pic below, I don't think it is a big deal because some of them were not secure on the injector in the first place, but I still wanted to figure out the part.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Looks like it's a part of this guy...

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Site...66507/ES31027/

With that being the case, if it's not effecting driveability and everything is up and good, I don't think it's worth spending $340 for a clip. Hope this helped.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Thanks, that is the conclusion I came to as well!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Did not want to start a new thread, anyone tryed these ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Fuel-Inj...2ef7a0&vxp=mtr

With 169 Sold I doubt he would have a good rep if a lot failed ?!
    TOY:M/T 2008 135i 12.26@117mph 1.87 60' (2ppl~3720lbs)
    JB4, MHD BMS Backend Flash, ZHP Shift Knob , Catless DP, 5'' Intercooler, DCI, VRSF Intake + Tial BOV, BMS Meth Kit, Koni FSD, E46 M3 Trans Mounts, Rear Subrame Race Inserts, PF Black Series Diff bushings Diff Lockdown, Wavetrac LSD....more to come..

Daily: 2014 Audi Q5 TDI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12