Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    i wonder if the DCT transmission would fit without any major changes specially on the software side . Sticky how much power and torque was yours withstanding without issues ?
    It will take a Stage 2 SC no problem so up to 600 whp and 400 wht.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Just called me, still waiting on a few internal parts, Friday- possibly saturday. as i said, i expected delays so no hurt feelings so far Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

What's the break-in period on a new tranny? How long do you have to wait, once you get it back, until you can go get that 10sec time slip?
    07 e92 335i Best run: 11.83@ 120.04 w/ 1.84 60' & 2127 DA

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    lol...In my experience...prolly a good idea to put at least 800 miles on it before doing hard launches. Highway runs would be ok after maybe 500. But I would do 1K before anything unless the shop recommends different just to be safe.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

even if they dont reccomend anything, id probably take it easy for 500 miles and slowly get more aggressive with it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

You got any tips on the oil they will use ? Redline D6 seems a great oil with very high Flash point . Thinking of doing a complete flush and put that in when the time comes.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

im not sure. ill be sure to get full details next time i talk to them, which would be friday

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I would probably put whatever fluid level 10 recommends, they've been doing this for awhile.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    i wonder if the DCT transmission would fit without any major changes specially on the software side . Sticky how much power and torque was yours withstanding without issues ?

I wonder which is stronger, the DCT or the step? You're talking about swapping the dct into the n54 cars that didn't support it right? How much does a used dct tranny go for? They only come on the is models or something, right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    I wonder which is stronger, the DCT or the step? You're talking about swapping the dct into the n54 cars that didn't support it right? How much does a used dct tranny go for? They only come on the is models or something, right?
    Well I think they will actually have similar capabilities. Mine should be able to do 800 wheel torque or so.

You can't buy a used DCT tranny and they cost $15k+

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Has anyone discussed cooling options for the transmission?

It's one thing to be able to hold the torque, but that type of power creates heat, and that's what kills auto trannies.

What is Level 10 recommending to help manage the added heat? Are they including an external oil cooler with temperature activated fan?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Frankly, if you're going to swap anything, swap the 6hp26 from the 335d/X5/V8 cars...it's stronger out of the box, would fit on the xmember, and you would actually have a fighting chance of coding the TCU to control it.

I'm with PEI...but I've been saying that from the get go.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

would love to put without hassel a 26 in my car. you can find those second hand cheap in europe because we have mostly Diesel especially from Germany. 30-40K miles for 1200 USD.
    however the cost to make it fit is probably not worth it. i cannot find anything about how to swap those from different site in Europe .
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    Frankly, if you're going to swap anything, swap the 6hp26 from the 335d/X5/V8 cars...it's stronger out of the box, would fit on the xmember, and you would actually have a fighting chance of coding the TCU to control it.

I'm with PEI...but I've been saying that from the get go.
    Did we ever get pics of your M6?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Frankly, if you're going to swap anything, swap the 6hp26 from the 335d/X5/V8 cars
    Definitely an interesting option but seems nobody has done it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I've talked with a few senior Master Techs/teachers about this...I would say worst case scenario, buy the 26 from a 335d along with the crossmember and driveshaft. You will likely have to swap the bellhousing from your 21 to the 26, but from the look of it, it should be a straight swap. From there, using the parts you've acquired, it should all bolt up. Not sure what size the input shaft is for the TQ converter, but my master tech said that he believes it's the same, if not, a spacer could be made...and the TQ converter on the D has got to be the strongest of the lot, seeing how much torque it makes. After that, it's about getting someone who can program the EGS and DME, but you're in Sweden, so you could just talk to ESS about doing that.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I've talked with a few senior Master Techs/teachers about this...I would say worst case scenario, buy the 26 from a 335d along with the crossmember and driveshaft. You will likely have to swap the bellhousing from your 21 to the 26, but from the look of it, it should be a straight swap. From there, using the parts you've acquired, it should all bolt up. Not sure what size the input shaft is for the TQ converter, but my master tech said that he believes it's the same, if not, a spacer could be made...and the TQ converter on the D has got to be the strongest of the lot, seeing how much torque it makes. After that, it's about getting someone who can program the EGS and DME, but you're in Sweden, so you could just talk to ESS about doing that.
    sounds like a great option. ESS is in Norway. little far away but the trip can be made .
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Well definitely talk to them, and give a few tuners in Germany a ring, I'm sure one of them could do it. Cause frankly, the hardware part just shouldn't be that difficult as long as you have enough parts from the 335d to swap (namely the crossmember, driveshaft).
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

ESS cannot offer that coding service... that might be the most difficult thing to get done. Hope for a nice Level10 kit soon!!!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Damn. I bet the big German tuners have the ability...the question is how much $...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bump!
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

nothin new to report yet. calling on monday Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

CAR IS DONE!!

Now just gotta find a way to get up there as all my friends have work during the day Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    CAR IS DONE!!

Now just gotta find a way to get up there as all my friends have work during the day Click here to enlarge
    great! would be awesome to get already an idea about the cost of a better torque convertor !
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i just looked on their site and the prices are there, and now it reads that you dont have to send yours in, they can bulld from scratch and ship it. but once i get up there ill have full build details and pics ect..

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast