Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Feeler: 2008 E90 335i SGM on Terra 42k miles

Hey guys,

I've only had this car about a month and a half, but I think I'm already bored with it. I thought I had grown up from all the race car stuff and was ready for something more grown up but I was wrong. I really miss the rawness of my old 350Z. Any I'd like to post a feeler just to see how much an interest there is in this car, or if it will make financial sense for me to sell it. I'm thinking about moving into a C5 ZO6 or LS3 C6 Corvette so I guess a trade could be possible as well.

This is one of the lucky 335i's that has been mostly trouble free. It its first HPFP replaced last week. This car is in great condition. Interior is still like brand new, and the Aluminum trim doesn't have any dings in it.

To the specs:

2008 BMW 335i Sedan
    WBAVB73598VF51185
    Factory Warranty including maintenance until 11/29/11 or 50k
    42,xxx Miles
    Sparkling Graphite Metallic with Terra Dakota Leather / Aluminum trim interior
    Sport package
    6 speed manual transmission
    Factory oil cooler
    Logic7 13-speaker Hifi professional stereo system w/ iPod cable
    Adaptive Xenon Headlights
    Weathertech Floormats
    Home Link
    Auto Sensing Wipers
    Bluetooth
    Continental DW Tires with 2,000 miles on them

KBB Value:

Excellent: $29,285
    Good: 27,785

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by BoostAddict; 06-16-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

damn lol, glws. I would say go for the LS3 C6, that is a great motor and car.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Keep it and mod it crazy. Wait till the new fuel system comes out or you'll regret you sold it. Just look at Unfor's car, that's enough reason to keep it.
    Edit: Very clean car btw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    damn lol, glws. I would say go for the LS3 C6, that is a great motor and car.
    I know haha but it's just an idea. The LS3 is awesome, but it might be stretching the budget a bit.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Keep it and mod it crazy. Wait till the new fuel system comes out or you'll regret you sold it. Just look at Unfor's car, that's enough reason to keep it.
    Edit: Very clean car btw.
    Unless that new fuel system is a Higher flowing HPFP like what is done with Volkswagen's and Mazdaspeed's then it is pretty much useless. My buddy already has my fuel solution sitting in his garage any way. Two 1200cc injectors, and a controller box to hook them up to. He ran this setup on his VW for years trouble free. He's been pushing me to start messing with it, but I'd rather wait till warranty is up before I start getting that crazy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

A stock 335i is definitely not much excitement compared to a boosted 350z. Do you even have a tune in there yet? A tune will transform the car, its like day and night.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I have a JB4, DCI, and DP's. Still doesn't do it for me. The thing is, my friends camaro was faster than an upgraded turbo 335i. My Z at 6psi was a little faster than that camaro. I guess I just have to high expectations for this car. We'll see though, this just an idea. I still love the car. I think I might email APR, and try to get somebody interested in building a proper fuel pump upgrade. That might motivate me to keep it. I guess I'm just afraid the aftermarket will never take off for this car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Coming from a newer GTI to the 335, the 335i feels a little more isolated and just heavy. The GTI was a bit slower, but it was more fun to throw around. Oil changes and new tires didn't kill me either. I'm sticking with the 335 for a bit longer, you should too. I'm hanging on to see a Golf R in person, you should listen to 2011 GT with a "cammed" tune. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BoostAddict Click here to enlarge
    I have a JB4, DCI, and DP's. Still doesn't do it for me. The thing is, my friends camaro was faster than an upgraded turbo 335i. My Z at 6psi was a little faster than that camaro. I guess I just have to high expectations for this car. We'll see though, this just an idea. I still love the car. I think I might email APR, and try to get somebody interested in building a proper fuel pump upgrade. That might motivate me to keep it. I guess I'm just afraid the aftermarket will never take off for this car.
    What kind of camaro does your friend have? It's hard to beat american muscle, if you are able to spend a few bucks in them, in a straightline that is.
    They are just extremely different vehicles, they serve different purposes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

I've already heard the "cammed" tune, it is pretty sick. I test drove manual 5.0 mustang the night before I bought the 335i. The interior was nice, but the power didn't impress me much at all. It didn't feel as fast as the 335i. It felt marginally faster than my girlfriends 2007 GT. Don't waste your time on a Golf R. The only benefit over a regular gti is AWD, and a KO4. Neither of which are worth it to ME. I do enjoy driving it in Forza 3 though lol. I think I may hang around this car a little longer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    What kind of camaro does your friend have? It's hard to beat american muscle, if you are able to spend a few bucks in them, in a straightline that is.
    They are just extremely different vehicles, they serve different purposes.
    98 Z28. LS6 Block (pretty much the same as LS1), Stage 2.5 heads, 232/236 cam, eagle rods, diamond cut 11:1 cp pistons, 4000 stall, and 3.73 gears. Mind you he was still on a stock fuel system, and base tune back then. Since then, he no has 42lb injector, performabuilt stage 2 tranny and billet 3800 stall on the way, then going to get a real tune. I can't wait until he finishes it up, it going to be pretty crazy.

The 350z was setup up specifically for the road course, but I still used to hand it to him from a dig.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Dude that camaro has some heavy ass mods. If your 335i had that many mods, the camaro can say Good Bye! lol! Don't worry man, we'll be there soon with the N54. 600+whp is in the horizon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    Coming from a newer GTI to the 335, the 335i feels a little more isolated and just heavy. The GTI was a bit slower, but it was more fun to throw around. Oil changes and new tires didn't kill me either. I'm sticking with the 335 for a bit longer, you should too. I'm hanging on to see a Golf R in person, you should listen to 2011 GT with a "cammed" tune. Click here to enlarge
    I'm on the waiting list for the Golf R, trading my balt when that comes to the states in a few months.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.