Close

View Poll Results: Do you give beggars money?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 5.26%
  • No

7 36.84%
  • Sometimes

11 57.89%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Do you give beggars money?

Curious to know what everyone's take on this is.

If no, explain why...if you want haha.
    Last edited by Scorpion; 06-11-2011 at 10:32 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! no.
    whats the difference between a ginger and a shoe.........shoes have soles

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    interesting poll
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sometimes I do but I learned a lesson a while ago.

I used to feel sorry for this dude always under the same overpass in a wheelchair. So I gave him some cash one time.

I would always see him in the same spot and now I know why, lucrative spot. A month or so later I saw him chilling on the side of the overpass, standing, while someone else was in his spot using his wheelchair. The bums would just alternate...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

I used to feel sorry for this dude always under the same overpass in a wheelchair. So I gave him some cash one time.

I would always see him in the same spot and now I know why, lucrative spot. A month or so later I saw him chilling on the side of the overpass, standing, while someone else was in his spot using his wheelchair. The bums would just alternate...
    saw that on white oak exit white guy with slicked back hair lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was in a situation probably no more then an hour and a half ago which is why I thought I should ask. I know theirs a lot of scam artists out there, but sometimes I just think what if this person actually does need help, seeing how everything is these days . He didn't look like a complete bum, but neither the cleanliest person. So I gave him like $6 I think it was, and told he that she should try looking for a job since he wasn't really handicapped. He said something about going to NC or coming from there or something like that.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scorpion Click here to enlarge
    I was in a situation probably no more then an hour and a half ago which is why I thought I should ask. I know theirs a lot of scam artists out there, but sometimes I just think what if this person actually does need help, seeing how everything is these days . He didn't look like a complete bum, but neither the cleanliest person. So I gave him like $6 I think it was, and told he that she should try looking for a job since he wasn't really handicapped. He said something about going to NC or coming from there or something like that.
    That was nice of you, I mean what the hell, it's $6. If it helps a person good.

I once gave a guy out of gas at the gas station $5 as well. Not a bum, but out of cash and in need of help.

People are weird though, one time I lost my debit card at a club and was low on gas. Needed about $4 to make it home and nobody would help. I mean, I'm sitting there in a new BMW out of gas... I'm not trying to scam anyone.

It's a weird world.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was nice of you, I mean what the hell, it's $6. If it helps a person good.

I once gave a guy out of gas at the gas station $5 as well. Not a bum, but out of cash and in need of help.

People are weird though, one time I lost my debit card at a club and was low on gas. Needed about $4 to make it home and nobody would help. I mean, I'm sitting there in a new BMW out of gas... I'm not trying to scam anyone.

It's a weird world.
    Likewise, guess I'm just thankful to God that I'm not in a situation like that but I'm able to somewhat help those that are.

Tell me about it, theirs some off the wall people here. Especially in the mall, I always try to stay on their good side and become friends with them. Personally it doesn't matter to me who someone is or what they do. If they respect me I'll respect them back. Also if they decide to shoot up the place they'll remember me for being their friend hopefully :/.

I would have gave you the $4, as long as you would have let me take a pic with the ///M3 haha jk.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's rare that I have cash these days, but if I do, I might toss a guy a buck.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well I usually try and ask them if they want something to eat. Instead of giving money. I have seen many homeless collecting money near where I live then gather in a local park with the other homeless putting money together to score some dump/crack whatever. I even over heard some young women( between the ages of 19-24) stating they gave some bj's last night so they had some money to score drugs. Pretty depressing Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    I even over heard some young women( between the ages of 19-24) stating they gave some bj's last night so they had some money to score drugs.
    What is this park's address?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Union Square Park NYC. If you are standing in front of the park facing GW its on the right side. There have lots of complaints as of late about it, but not much can be done about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Union Square Park NYC. If you are standing in front of the park facing GW its on the right side. There have lots of complaints as of late about it, but not much can be done about it.
    Too many blowjobs, what a crime.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Too many blowjobs, what a crime.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I usually give change if I have, and majority of the time I see them after I get food, so I try to hand them some chips or a drink. They usually take it, but on occasion my brother has ran into people asking for money instead of food - makes you think twice. There was one guy that we gave change to, and he says, "How much is it?" - WTF?? I just gave you money mother $#@!er, why the $#@! are you asking how much is it?

Anyways....people are just weird but also at times grateful. There was one incident of kindness when my mother and brother went to pay for something, some legal forms for gov't BS, and they were one hundred dollars short - the lady behind them just handed them a $100 dollar bill. I was shocked when they told me this. Crazy.

Another time back when I was in miami, my family was coming home from work one day and we were in hour truck (like a big U-haul truck but not an 18-wheeler) and the damn thing stalled out on us. We were in the middle of the street and we needed to get it into the parking lot before it got towed. This elderly guy feeding pigeons came to help us with his old ass car. He pushed the truck into the lot and one of his head-lights broke. I'll never forget that.

Never mistake an act of kindness for weakness.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge
    I was joking GG, certainly a drug problem in a public part needs to be contained.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What do I look like, $#@!ing United Way?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like to give bums beer money but I only refuse when I dont have spare singles or change. They usually catch me between my car and the store front so it's kind of awkward to refuse them with my Bimmer right there. If they are really far out, I'll offer them a few bucks to act out on video.

I used to pass by a gyspy beggar every day who would sit in a way that made it seem that her legs were missing but they weren't. One time, i glanced over and saw her whole leg slip out from her dress ( I was looking Click here to enlarge ). And she would just sit there rocking back an forth and crying out in a strange language. So annoying.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i used to see some blind guy in the way to work and sometimes i used to give him money, but one day I saw him texting with his cell phone. that was the last time i gave money to a beggar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    What do I look like, $#@!ing United Way?
    yes Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    i used to see some blind guy in the way to work and sometimes i used to give him money, but one day I saw him texting with his cell phone. that was the last time i gave money to a beggar.
    Braille? lol, that's messed up. Almost like the guy that begged during the day, drove off with his cadillac at night...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    lol, that would make me stop as well.

just about 1/10 I will give them a dollar.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The problem is, that is their way of life and alot of them don't want to get better...they found that million dollar voice man and put him in rehab. He ran away...he had a contract that he would get paid $1million dollars....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not everytime but YES much of the time.

Funny story is when I was about 12-14 I was at Baja Fresh with my mom and a homeless guy is sitting at one of the tables asking people for money, I ask my mom if we can get him some food she says sure. So I walk up to him and tell him I dont have money to give u but I can get u some food, what would u like? He says "thank you so much, but I dont need food. This actually is one of my jobs, I work somewhere as well and I do this to make more money on the side, I have a wife and kids". He then opens his bag to show me just a stash of money in it...so I learned that in a funny way.

Right before I got rid of my porsche, im filling up at the gas station and a hispanic family pulls up in an old beat up civic with a baby in the back. Guy says I just need gas money to make it home can you help, so I put $20 on his gas pump. He then asks me how much my porsche costs?!!?!?! GGGGrrrrrr!!!! I dont get it, but to me I learned as a child its rude to ask the cost of things like that. Its happened to me a few times and I started joking around saying its a special edition that costs a 1 miliion!

but yes if you are blessed to live a good life, and have extra money to give a few here and there you should. But definitely better to give to a proper charity I think.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    no
    1. i work so you probably can also, not going to give my money away
    2. hopefully others wont give them money also and they will go to another state
    m3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast