Close

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,852.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No

    Fifth Gear review of the E82 1M Coupe

    In case you aren't sick of 1M Coupe reviews yet. Out of all the Brits, I like Tiff's stuff the best.

    He makes a good point about the lag, I like that as it references the old M style which was instant no matter what.


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Seems he liked the car.

    But he definitely didn't have his same excitement level he usually has during his reviews.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    .

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HG Motorsports
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    512.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Imagine what this car could have been if it had the S65 in it, the N54 and N55 are great engines but they aren't special enough for an M car, and this is coming from an extremely satisfied N55 owner.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    Imagine what this car could have been if it had the S65 in it, the N54 and N55 are great engines but they aren't special enough for an M car, and this is coming from an extremely satisfied N55 owner.
    if the 1m had the s65 id sell my car and buy it
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,852.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    if the 1m had the s65 id sell my car and buy it
    Same, except replace 1M with Z4 M.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Same, except replace 1M with Z4 M.
    meh...1 its a convertible, which i could understand, I love convertibles but it hinders performance. The main reason is its just such a fags car, like the boxster...its just too feminine in its styling. But no question it would be a blast as well!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,852.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    meh...1 its a convertible, which i could understand, I love convertibles but it hinders performance. The main reason is its just such a fags car, like the boxster...its just too feminine in its styling. But no question it would be a blast as well!
    I understand the convertible problem with it as well as the feminine aspect. That is why when I think Z4 M I think this:

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    HAHA...u cheated...then I AGREE!
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    I think people need to stop complaining about the engine, and come to terms with the new BMW M division. All $#@!ing engines are going to be turbocharged, no more high revving N/A. I don't think anything at this point will change this fact. I know it's sad, but it's the truth. There's the old and the new, and the new means turbo+low revs, maybe the new M3 will be a high revving turbo, but not likely. Manufactures want big power for cheap, so it makes sense when thinking in terms of $$$$ to go for a turbo and call it a day, instead of working hard, spending tons of cash on R&D to come out with a newer high revving N/A engine. Most companies are obviously going this route, except for the obvious ones. Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche. Porsche IMO is the ultimate when it comes to catering to the enthusiasts, I really love this company. They make it all Crazy turbocharged engines, High Revving N/As, Stick and PDK's. None of this new BMW bull$#@! trying to cut costs by having many different vehicles use the same parts.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    I don't think turbo engines are sad.....


    You know this can be built to rev higher, just like almost any other motor....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I don't think turbo engines are sad.....


    You know this can be built to rev higher, just like almost any other motor....
    The problem is BMW is not making them that way Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    311
    Rep Points
    182.7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    leo, no product is created out of zero demand (except 5 GT). Usually, people demand something and somebody sets off to make it. In fact, sometimes they surprise us with something and get us used to it so we come to expect it. What would happen if the 911 line became a V6 front engine line. It would not be true to the character of the car... or we would not call it a 911 anymore. if demand had shifted from the RR boxer 6 to the FR V6, then it is extremely understandable as that is what the market is demanding.

    I think it's too complex to write in a paragraph, but you can understand my thought, I suppose. It is that either the enthusiast is in such a minority that the car created for him is now a mainstream product, which allures a broader audience... or that BMW think that what they are doing is going to put us in a new era "what we associate BMW with."

    I am really starting to hold my tongue, because maybe, just maybe, this is BMW saying that they are committed to producing a performance vehicle, whilst reducing cost, in order to satisfy that side of our cravings. However, they want us to know that efficiency is the name of the game, and the recession was no joke. People just aren't ready to spend money on a car that will cost them too much to run, but they do want the option to have a performance car.

    The E36 M3 (the one they compare to, incase I misquoted) is a car that really allowed performance to a wider range. Maybe, in that sense, it is appropriate to compare the 1M to its [predecessor?]
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

    Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    ^I understand what you are saying, it just sucks seeing ///M heading in this direction and leaving their old preachings in the past. Just look at the S54, S65, and S85 those engines are full of spirit. These new ones just dont feel special at all.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,185
    Rep Points
    934.4
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    i love that car too

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,347
    Rep Points
    2,757.4
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    I like how the people on the other forum consider the 1M a true M car, whilist the S65 was 'further from a real M3 than ever'


    I swear the crack they are passing around must be some lethal $#@!.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,865
    Rep Points
    31,852.6
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    I think people need to stop complaining about the engine, and come to terms with the new BMW M division. All $#@!ing engines are going to be turbocharged, no more high revving N/A. I don't think anything at this point will change this fact. I know it's sad, but it's the truth. There's the old and the new, and the new means turbo+low revs, maybe the new M3 will be a high revving turbo, but not likely. Manufactures want big power for cheap, so it makes sense when thinking in terms of $$$$ to go for a turbo and call it a day, instead of working hard, spending tons of cash on R&D to come out with a newer high revving N/A engine. Most companies are obviously going this route, except for the obvious ones. Ferrari, Lambo and Porsche. Porsche IMO is the ultimate when it comes to catering to the enthusiasts, I really love this company. They make it all Crazy turbocharged engines, High Revving N/As, Stick and PDK's. None of this new BMW bull$#@! trying to cut costs by having many different vehicles use the same parts.
    Not as much of a matter of them being FI but of them not even bothering to tweak it. For the X5 M and X6 M they didn't just give the N63 new software.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Not as much of a matter of them being FI but of them not even bothering to tweak it. For the X5 M and X6 M they didn't just give the N63 new software.
    Yeah man I dont understand. $#@!ing BMW leaders sold their $#@!ing souls......

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Every reviewer seems to like the car a lot. I just want to get in one so bad already, and see what it's so $#@!ing great about it. That will probably never happen though, the exclusivity is pretty high.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Yeah man I dont understand. $#@!ing BMW leaders sold their $#@!ing souls......
    $#@! it, car is old hat already. Production ending this year. I don't really even see why they wasted their time on this car for only 1 year production. On to the next over-teased and over-hyped M-vehicle.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •