Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this is why i still laught at all SRT 10 owners, sorry but its just not a Lightning, and apprantly, never will be:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    this is why i still laught at all SRT 10 owners, sorry but its just not a Lightning, and apprantly, never will be:

Click here to enlarge
    The SRT-10 is the better drivers truck, the lightning the better drag racer. Lightning has an SC'd motor and auto.

The SRT-10 is more fun in the curves and such but you have to build the motor and boost it for serious power. It is also heavier.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    know way, ive driven a reg cab SRT 10, actually ralph Vorhees, the top spot on dragtimes, with a gen 1 lighting, has an SRT 10 as well and live close to my old place, its nice, but comfort is not on par with an L, suprisingly, the stick shift is notchy and still trucklike. the issue with the SRT is the wheels, they cant go to a small enough rims to fit dragradials. But as you said, it needs boost- odd since its a V10 right, compared the L's s/c'd V8, and the SRT is really heavy. which all added together and makes sense, since dodge thinks that all they have to do is throw a big motor ina regular truck, add some rims, and BAM! its a performance truck (same thing with my Dakota R/T that I had)

All im trying to say is the L is king of performance trucks, with exception to Syclones, and thats a real matchup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For every low 13 second SRT-10 Ram there are five 15 second SRT-10 Rams. The shifter sucks in them, the interior is no better than any other truck I've been in, and they are probably the hardest vehicle to launch from a dig on the whole planet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who the hell buys a truck like that for curves!?

Leave it to the Viper.

The only trucks I can think of made for turning (off-road anyways) are the "Off-Road Racing" series.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    know way, ive driven a reg cab SRT 10, actually ralph Vorhees, the top spot on dragtimes, with a gen 1 lighting, has an SRT 10 as well and live close to my old place, its nice, but comfort is not on par with an L, suprisingly, the stick shift is notchy and still trucklike. the issue with the SRT is the wheels, they cant go to a small enough rims to fit dragradials. But as you said, it needs boost- odd since its a V10 right, compared the L's s/c'd V8, and the SRT is really heavy. which all added together and makes sense, since dodge thinks that all they have to do is throw a big motor ina regular truck, add some rims, and BAM! its a performance truck (same thing with my Dakota R/T that I had)

All im trying to say is the L is king of performance trucks, with exception to Syclones, and thats a real matchup.
    The Syclone is outdated but lighter than either and AWD turbo. They have run ridiculous times but it wasn't exactly a reliable truck.

The SRT-10 is more of a roadcourse truck as odd as that sounds. Yes, the shifter is notchy and truck like. The Lightning is easier to mod and drive, yes, also more comfortable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JHOOPS2 Click here to enlarge
    For every low 13 second SRT-10 Ram there are five 15 second SRT-10 Rams. The shifter sucks in them, the interior is no better than any other truck I've been in, and they are probably the hardest vehicle to launch from a dig on the whole planet.
    This is all true, but with a manual driver skill is a large factor. They are still really cool trucks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2085 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Who the hell buys a truck like that for curves!?

Leave it to the Viper.

The only trucks I can think of made for turning (off-road anyways) are the "Off-Road Racing" series.
    Who buys any performance truck? It's different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I appreciate all the feedback and thank ya'll for the support.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced Air Click here to enlarge
    wow...sounds like your standard pickup drivers.

Surprised you went in 3rd from 30 mph. Should have gone to 2nd you would have really stomped on him.
    I let him choose what speed and gear we rolled from.

Also ended up racing on Friday a Lexus (the ones that resemble a Supra) with a 1JZ motor and 60mm turbo. I do have videos of that one which I will post soon. The results were: first 3 races, I smoked him; last 2, he won due to faster reaction however I stayed with him each time. No one pulled on the other.
    Friday night results: 135i - 3; Lexus - 2
    Another fun race and as always, keeping it safe.
    Click here to enlarge
    BMS JB4 Map5, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have a friend with a 1000 whp lexus SC430 with 2JZ motor and 88mm fan. They are basically supras.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here is the first of a few videos against the Lexus. This was a highway pull. Sorry for the sound, the wind and our exhausts maxed out the speakers.

Click here to enlarge
    BMS JB4 Map5, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dude you started a gear to high, you were at 2k on the third beep... if you started in 2nd and been around 3k you would have been neck and neck
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ....beats all BMWs and Benzes eh? Ah, the uninformed masses.

You should see the reaction when I race at the local redneck track here in Maryland called 75/80 Dragway. I beat a guy in a wheelstanding Malibu last time there. He found me in the pits and asked me not to line up anywhere near him in the staging lanes again. He was funny, but was super complimentary too. I ran eliminations that night, and ended up losing to a 15 second IROC. I ran out by .001 and got disqualified. Lol.

I think I have a pic from that night. I'll try to dig it up.
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4