Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Modded 135i vs Ram SRT10

Hey All!
    I know this is my first post on BimmerBoost but I had to share this. The other Bimmer forums seem to discourage telling of race stories but the tread title said all I needed to know "Kill Stories."

To start with, I do not condone street races. However when rare opportunities present themselves, I wont turn down the offer. Also before any questions or comments are added me, and everyone in these car clubs, ALWAYS keep things safe. If anything ever feels out of place, sketchy or notice something truly dangerous for car or driver, then we will stop and end the activity.

Last Wednesday night I was at a local car meet in Waco, TX and was asked if I was willing to race this guys Ram SRT10 4-door. After talking for a while I learned he replaced the AT with a 6-speed MT, had nitrous, some engine tuning for the spray, and custom exhaust. I told him what I had: JB4 on Map5 and custom DP back exhaust, that mine's an AT not a MT, and that I would be making around 14-16lbs of boost WoT. He was surprised with the amount of boost and commented that he may actually have to spray. He also said, and I quote, "I eat BMW's and $#@! out Benz's."

We decided on doing a rolling 30 from 3rd gear on a stretch of highway that has seen many street races for nearly 50yrs. I let him signal all 3 races. For the first few seconds of the first and last race, he had me at his rear bumper that is until I started hitting full boost (about 3300rpm). At that point I started haulin and it was no contest! The first race was the fastest where I hit 140ish mph and had 8-10 car lengths on him. Second race he mis-shifted into 3rd, I smoked him. The 3rd race was like the first accept only hit about 100mph since our exit was approaching fast.

The end result, BMW 135i: 3; Ram SRT10: 0.

Friendly races are always great especially when you win! Next time I plan on bringing a passenger to get videos to post. Again this was a rare thing for me, I prefer keeping the racing to the track, but I have only seen a handful of Ram SRT10s and truly wanted to see how I compared to him. Also last Friday, June 3, I raced at Texas Motorplex and had a great time with videos posted soon. I was still losing traction but ran consistent 13.2s with best R/T of .099. Next mod: set of drag tires for the rear.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

LOL I LOVE IT!

The ego's are always bouncing around those trucks. The Lightning/ SRT Ram fued was always huge. but always ended with the L's taking the wins Click here to enlarge

Im glad you had some fun and kept it all safe Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nice Job. Always love stories like yours.

At least you weren't racing this professional street car driver.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I love when meatheads in trucks get schooled.

LOL I EAT BMW AND $#@! BENZ, he cant even beat a 12.5 second car. You know hes talking $#@!.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Wow, either he was joking or is an uninformed douche.

Nice kill!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

lol Nice story bro! Next time catch some vids please.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Ram SRT-10's are awesome trucks. The QC is a heavy $#@! though, heavier than the already heavy regular cab.

So he was spraying and you still pulled him?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ram SRT-10's are awesome trucks. The QC is a heavy $#@! though, heavier than the already heavy regular cab.

So he was spraying and you still pulled him?
    Did you get my pm? because i have tried a few times and it didn,t work

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    Did you get my pm? because i have tried a few times and it didn,t work
    I got all 3 Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I got all 3 Click here to enlarge
    I could not see it in sendbox?
    Only when i response on your activiting mail i could see it Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikecoupe Click here to enlarge
    I could not see it in sendbox?
    Only when i response on your activiting mail i could see it Click here to enlarge
    Yep, when you use the popup private messaging sometimes they don't show in the sent folder. I will update the program as there is a new version out, that might fix it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ILB6 IF ULB9 Click here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklgnXtAv7A

Nice Job. Always love stories like yours.

At least you weren't racing this professional street car driver.

Good vid. You can tell he got that sudden change of feeling from, "Oh yeah look at me" to "Ah.....AH no..... AH no.... noooo $#@!! $#@!! i'm an idiot now pretend to be hurt, OUCH my head! I hurt my head I can't be held responsible for my stupid actions because i'm shook up"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Good vid. You can tell he got that sudden change of feeling from, "Oh yeah look at me" to "Ah.....AH no..... AH no.... noooo $#@!! $#@!! i'm an idiot now pretend to be hurt, OUCH my head! I hurt my head I can't be held responsible for my stupid actions because i'm shook up"
    lmfao quote of the month
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That literally is the funniest shi7 I have seen in a long time... Good stuff.

I was in Gatlinburg TN with my g/f a few years back in my e46 M3, and we were driving through Pigeon Forge (it goes ...Highway-->Pigeon Forge-->Gatlinburg-->Smokey Mountains). There are a bunch of guys (using that term very loosely) that drive diesel trucks with stacks - and while we were pulling into town, two of these groups of guys (two separate trucks) decided to come full stop in the middle of the road after me driving behind them while I was getting blasted by their "carbon" smoke. It was about 3 AM - and we just wanted to get to our place to rest; these guys decided to hold me up (I have NO idea how [or if] they knew what I was driving - but I guess the Xenon lights made them excited) - they asked if I wanted to race, said a bunch of crap I didn't understand, etc... I decided it was a very bad place to be, so I opened up the throttle and drove on the "shoulder" (grass/3 feet of gravel) around them. They proceeded to chase me - by the time I was in town (at red light), I noticed they had beer bottles in their hand - and also noticed that there were people around, so I felt a bit "safer". I drove off (semi aggressively) - and they decided to throw a beer bottle. I don't know if they don't take kindly to German cars with "Xenon lights" or what, but they were upset at something. Second light - red and blue lights... One of them (not sure why one) got pulled over. Never found out what happened (not from around that area) - but I am sure open bottles aren't okay even down south. Anyhoo, thought this was a decent story - I 100% agree with baylor1er, need to know the place/driver/car/etc. before taking on a race... People are nuts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    That literally is the funniest shi7 I have seen in a long time... Good stuff.

I was in Gatlinburg TN with my g/f a few years back in my e46 M3, and we were driving through Pigeon Forge (it goes ...Highway-->Pigeon Forge-->Gatlinburg-->Smokey Mountains). There are a bunch of guys (using that term very loosely) that drive diesel trucks with stacks - and while we were pulling into town, two of these groups of guys (two separate trucks) decided to come full stop in the middle of the road after me driving behind them while I was getting blasted by their "carbon" smoke. It was about 3 AM - and we just wanted to get to our place to rest; these guys decided to hold me up (I have NO idea how [or if] they knew what I was driving - but I guess the Xenon lights made them excited) - they asked if I wanted to race, said a bunch of crap I didn't understand, etc... I decided it was a very bad place to be, so I opened up the throttle and drove on the "shoulder" (grass/3 feet of gravel) around them. They proceeded to chase me - by the time I was in town (at red light), I noticed they had beer bottles in their hand - and also noticed that there were people around, so I felt a bit "safer". I drove off (semi aggressively) - and they decided to throw a beer bottle. I don't know if they don't take kindly to German cars with "Xenon lights" or what, but they were upset at something. Second light - red and blue lights... One of them (not sure why one) got pulled over. Never found out what happened (not from around that area) - but I am sure open bottles aren't okay even down south. Anyhoo, thought this was a decent story - I 100% agree with baylor1er, need to know the place/driver/car/etc. before taking on a race... People are nuts.
    Interesting story, open bottles are kind of hard to explain away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

wow...sounds like your standard pickup drivers.

Surprised you went in 3rd from 30 mph. Should have gone to 2nd you would have really stomped on him.
    Never thought I would see the day...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Life is so much more fun with a nemesis. I miss Shiv. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

My milf. Mobile would spank that truck to another galaxy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    I wouldn't underestimate the SRT-10. In stock form they have run 1/4 miles similar to yours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

I wouldn't underestimate the SRT-10. In stock form they have run 1/4 miles similar to yours.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

lol i ran my car with every problem possible in my car to go wrong =D and on a bad track
    Last edited by blkclk550; 06-15-2011 at 01:27 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

lol i ran my car with every problem possible in my car to go wrong =D and on a bad track
    I understand that but I have a pretty good idea of CLK550 times as well as SRT-10's. That is a truck with the Viper V10... it's pretty fast.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

not really, stock they are 14 second trucks, modded they are 13 second trucks, at least they used to be.. dont recall MPH's though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    not really, stock they are 14 second trucks, modded they are 13 second trucks, at least they used to be.. dont recall MPH's though
    thank you if this STR 10 lost to a 13 sec 135 he not touching me on a roll at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    They are deep 13 second trucks stock, 108 or so traps, 12 second with bolt on's easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Good kill, he deserved the spanking he got. "I eat BMW's and $#@! out Benz's."

I'm curious if he was using Nitrous as well. If he sprayed and lost then loool
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast