Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Active Autowerke releases a Teaser of their E9X SC Kit

Click here to enlarge

In comparison to Gintani's system and water/meth
    via facebook:
    Our system is a little different since it is an air to air system. They have a solid system from what I know we just went about the overall design different. Our system is a tad more complex... hence the delay in releasing.. Regarding the Meth/Water we are going to have a few different levels.. some of which use our E9X m3 meth/water systems

West Los Angeles, California, United States
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Price for stage 1:

@Shaunt, I appreciate it... Ballpark will be between $12k-16k depending on the level, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I would not say their system is more complex at all, they just have had a harder time tuning. If anything, the water-air setup is more complex.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Translation Gintani beat us to the punch because we took forever tuning our setup hence the delay so here's our excuse (sorry reason)... Lets see what it does at MFest.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    Translation Gintani beat us to the punch because we took forever tuning our setup hence the delay so here's our excuse (sorry reason)... Lets see what it does at MFest.
    This is not very far from the truth but I am excited to see what AA does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Monster135 Click here to enlarge
    Hahahahahaha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    looking forward to the #'s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Looks good!
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look forward to more results and info.

Omar did say this as well:

"Active Autowerke @Mike - Thanks! Power levels range between 470-540 rwhp.. as of right now... Sure you know but the car has been running for well over a year now.... biggest delay was the final plenum design... we are late but pleased with results..... Omar M."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Active Autowerke @Mike Rashidi - Stage 1 will be roughly ~5 psi. Additional specs will be announced with official release ; Omar M."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like the styling of the system, almost an OEM look . Its just priced a tab bit too high in my opinion.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by D_engel Click here to enlarge
    I like the styling of the system, almost an OEM look . Its just priced a tab bit too high in my opinion.
    Well, we don't have the official pricing but it would seem they are right in line with everyone else. If it is $16k then yes, I would definitely agree with you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by D_engel Click here to enlarge
    I like the styling of the system, almost an OEM look .
    Agreed I do think AA have a knack for OEM look IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Saintly Click here to enlarge
    Agreed I do think AA have a knack for OEM look IMO.
    Better pic:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Active Autowerke releases a Teaser of the kit that HKS designed for them"?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Active Autowerke releases a Teaser of the kit that HKS designed for them"?
    Elaborate, what part did HKS play?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty sure it was mentioned in an issue of Roundel that HKS is actually the shop that does the supercharger kits for AA. I'll have to dig that up. Someone who would know confirmed it when I asked if that was true. I don't think it's a big secret since it was in a magazine, but I'd never heard of it until then.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    What is this thread? Almost everything ive read is nonsense...

HKS designed it for them? Really? Click here to enlarge The supercharger is a HKS unit, thats about it.

AA had a harder time tuning it? Sticky really? Come on now... If anyone knows how to tune these cars, its AA. They took there time and are pretty much one of the only companies with REAL long term testing with the e9x supercharger kit. They also wanted the design to be done well, imo the teaser pictures show the kit to be the nicest looking out there. Most of the others look like they are done real quick and thrown together.

And just because its A/A cooling doesn't mean its less complex, wait for more features. I'm a big fan of A/A cooling, imo W/A cooling is not necessary.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    What is this thread? Almost everything ive read is nonsense...

HKS designed it for them? Really? Click here to enlarge The supercharger is a HKS unit, thats about it.

AA had a harder time tuning it? Sticky really? Come on now... If anyone knows how to tune these cars, its AA. They took there time and are pretty much one of the only companies with REAL long term testing with the e9x supercharger kit. They also wanted the design to be done well, imo the teaser pictures show the kit to be the nicest looking out there. Most of the others look like they are done real quick and thrown together.

And just because its A/A cooling doesn't mean its less complex, wait for more features. I'm a big fan of A/A cooling, imo W/A cooling is not necessary.
    They took forever to get it out why? That wasn't long term testing, ESS and Gintani had their testing done way before them. They are very late to the party and never posted dynos of any sort. We still don't have any dynos.

I'm a fan of AA, not stating they are bad, but obviously the tuning and manufacturing did not come easy. Yes, the kit looks very nice. However, They said this thing would be out 9 months ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They took forever to get it out why? That wasn't long term testing, ESS and Gintani had their testing done way before them. They are very late to the party and never posted dynos of any sort. We still don't have any dynos.

I'm a fan of AA, not stating they are bad, but obviously the tuning and manufacturing did not come easy. Yes, the kit looks very nice. However, They said this thing would be out 9 months ago.

Thats definitely not true at all, I can guarantee they have more miles on their SC E9x car then any other in the world. Dyno's were actually posted at 1 point, then they went and made more changes. They want the kit to be perfect and look perfect. They dont want to put out something just to be faster then others.

I know one of the main reasons for the delay was the design, they wanted the production kit design to look right. As far as tuning, they had that done way before Bimmerfest of last year! Their personal car from FL was left here in CA after Bimmerfest and others got to drive it around with no issues. That was before anyone had a reliable running kit from what i know.

Regardless, just because they are releasing their kit late does not mean they had trouble tuning it or their kit is any less then others. I definitely would have waited for the AA kit personally from experience with my S54.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thats definitely not true at all, I can guarantee they have more miles on their SC E9x car then any other in the world. Dyno's were actually posted at 1 point, then they went and made more changes. They want the kit to be perfect and look perfect. They dont want to put out something just to be faster then others.

I know one of the main reasons for the delay was the design, they wanted the production kit design to look right. As far as tuning, they had that done way before Bimmerfest of last year! Their personal car from FL was left here in CA after Bimmerfest and others got to drive it around with no issues. That was before anyone had a reliable running kit from what i know.

Regardless, just because they are releasing their kit late does not mean they had trouble tuning it or their kit is any less then others. I definitely would have waited for the AA kit personally from experience with my S54.
    How do you guarantee they have more miles without knowing the miles everyone else has? How much testing have they done on the track? What about the drag strip? I haven't heard anything and I follow this stuff closely.

Ok, so they were delayed by production. Fine, but others got their production done. They had base maps before Bimmerfest but so did VF and where are they? Production tuning was not done. Don't tell me the tuning did not change since Bimmerfest of last year.

Gintani was running a kit before Mfest last yast, so before Bimmerfest. Same with ESS.

I'm not saying they did something wrong or their kit won't be good. I really look forward to the details. The facts are they are coming to market way later. Is that because of testing? Is it because of tuning? Is it because of production delays? Well, it may be a combination of things.

I would definitely consider AA as well and advise people to take a good look once it is on the market and we know more about it, but they were too late to get my business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How do you guarantee they have more miles without knowing the miles everyone else has? How much testing have they done on the track? What about the drag strip? I haven't heard anything and I follow this stuff closely.
    Their test car has been beaten up by many people, in Cali and in FL. I know how many miles are on it, and i am 100% sure no other e9x with a supercharger has that many miles, i just dont see it possible. The AA e9x S/C car has been abused for a very long time. I dont think they have been to a drag race with it, but i know its been on the track somewhere.

Ok, so they were delayed by production. Fine, but others got their production done. They had base maps before Bimmerfest but so did VF and where are they? Production tuning was not done. Don't tell me the tuning did not change since Bimmerfest of last year.
    I dont think any other production kit ive seen comes close to the looks of AA's production kit. You are comparing VF to AA now? Of course tuning has changed but that car at Bimmerfest was running PERFECTLY, i am also 100% sure no other e9x sc car was running prefectly then. They have since changed some parts, tested different boost levels, water/alch add on's etc..

Gintani was running a kit before Mfest last yast, so before Bimmerfest. Same with ESS.
    I heard conflicting stories about problems with those cars back then... Stories as far as cars being pushed etc..

I'm not saying they did something wrong or their kit won't be good. I really look forward to the details. The facts are they are coming to market way later. Is that because of testing? Is it because of tuning? Is it because of production delays? Well, it may be a combination of things.
    Yes they are releasing a production kit later, but they were the first with a real reliable working E9x SC car. They have also logged the most miles. The delay in production was mainly getting the production design 100% in their taste.

I would definitely consider AA as well and advise people to take a good look once it is on the market and we know more about it, but they were too late to get my business.
    Of course, they should have a strong market still. I dont consider it late, only the extreme guys get the SC kits so early anyhow. Im glad the competition is strong with the E9x kits and people are modding early. I know if i had a e9x i would have an AA kit right now with at least 9psi.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Their test car has been beaten up by many people, in Cali and in FL. I know how many miles are on it, and i am 100% sure no other e9x with a supercharger has that many miles, i just dont see it possible. The AA e9x S/C car has been abused for a very long time. I dont think they have been to a drag race with it, but i know its been on the track somewhere.

I dont think any other production kit ive seen comes close to the looks of AA's production kit. You are comparing VF to AA now? Of course tuning has changed but that car at Bimmerfest was running PERFECTLY, i am also 100% sure no other e9x sc car was running prefectly then. They have since changed some parts, tested different boost levels, water/alch add on's etc..

I heard conflicting stories about problems with those cars back then... Stories as far as cars being pushed etc..

Yes they are releasing a production kit later, but they were the first with a real reliable working E9x SC car. They have also logged the most miles. The delay in production was mainly getting the production design 100% in their taste.

Of course, they should have a strong market still. I dont consider it late, only the extreme guys get the SC kits so early anyhow. Im glad the competition is strong with the E9x kits and people are modding early. I know if i had a e9x i would have an AA kit right now with at least 9psi.
    Ok, how many miles are on it? How are you 100% sure no other E9X with an SC has that many miles? I do know we have seen reports posted here as well as in magazines of track days with other SC's. Namely, we have seen it with the Gintani SC. However, I don't doubt AA has been testing. I sure hope they have with all this spare time.

I'm not comparing VF to AA as I feel AA has a much better reputation right now as well as a far more impressive history. VF's strongest car was built by Evosport. AA has all kinds of things across all kinds of different platforms. VF's rep has taken a big hit, no denying it. It is simply a fact that VF and AA are the two remaining that have not gotten to market. There is a reason for it.

The story about the car getting pushed cracks me up all the time. It was G-power by the way.

They weren't the first one with a reliable working E9X SC car as ESS and Gintani both had cars running before them.

Their market will be very strong as people aren't lining up for kits exactly right now. It really is funny how many M3 owners are scared to mod and don't mod. Hell, best option for anyone as of right now is to buy my kit Click here to enlarge Why would you have an AA kit with 9 psi over any other? What specific reasons Taza other than them building your E46?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This debate is kinda pointless until we see more details released from AA Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    This debate is kinda pointless until we see more details released from AA Click here to enlarge
    Definitely anticipation for more info...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast