Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    Come on dude ive been working out since age 14, any time i need to get more defined i just eat properly and do pull ups, push ups, dumbbells and running i have a strong core. Running is the only thing you need to keep your core strong i play soccer 5 times a week thats plenty for me.
    1000 push ups for what ? bragging rights thats not healthy at all , ive seen what P90x has and i would say 90% is junk and most of the people will skip lots of steps.
    As i said before 90 days of working out running and diet will keep you in great shape and keep the $200 bucks for food instead of wasting on P90x.

If you don't live healthy you don't look healthy simple.
    Great your in good shape already, then it wont take much to get to where you want to go. I have seen a number of people doing both 30 min in home(non weights) and p90x and there is a world of difference between the 2 groups after 3 months. As I stated before most people dont work themselves as hard as they work in p90x.
    Could you get by yourself what is in that system at home? Yes. But as I said most people dont.

Who said anything about paying the 200 bucks for the tapes. They are available by other means today.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    it was more like almost 6 months if i remember correctly? he was hitting this and p90x and alternating them
    yup....wasnt p90x....just the gym to run

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Weight loss is 90% diet. The American Journal of Medicine even started recommending that obese people dont work out but just diet to lose weight. That it was easier this way, as exercising made them too hungry. LOL

This is actually what I dislike about body building. It is terrible for you. It de-trains you, slows down your connection between your brain and muscles. Its like watching jersey shore all day, a little bit is fine, but its what most do, and only do. Its important to train your reflexes, balance and coordination.

maybe its just late and im rambling
    The funny thing is whenever I worked out hard, the last thing I wanted to do was eat. I shed the weight during that period in my life.

You are spot on with your last statement above!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    lol, the 2 hardest cardio sports there are. i think youll be fine if your even 1/2 decent at either of those Click here to enlarge
    Tennis and Hockey. Although I say hockey because you run out of energy the fastest and need a "change."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@MHP Click here to enlarge
    The funny thing is whenever I worked out hard, the last thing I wanted to do was eat. I shed the weight during that period in my life.

I don't understand, when I do a lot of cardio my body craves WAY more food. How can you not want to eat when you work out hard?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

That is funny, because your body naturally wants to replenish the calories that are burned. Most people get hungry after a workout.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    That is funny, because your body naturally wants to replenish the calories that are burned. Most people get hungry after a workout.
    I wanted water or a sports drink and a bite here or there(snack). The last thing I wanted to do was sit down for a full meal. Being exhausted, head burning I wanted to lay down and veg. This was after 2 mile jog sprinting straights, bleachers, jump ropes, 2 hour tennis, with 50 meter wind sprints/striders to finish up. 3 hour practice had me dragging every day. Maybe I am unusual? I will ask some friends if they want to a full meal after their marathon or tri events?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wanted water or a sports drink and a bite here or there(snack). The last thing I wanted to do was sit down for a full meal. Being exhausted, head burning I wanted to lay down and veg. This was after 2 mile jog sprinting straights, bleachers, jump ropes, 2 hour tennis, with 50 meter wind sprints/striders to finish up. 3 hour practice had me dragging every day. Maybe I am unusual? I will ask some friends if they want to a full meal after their marathon or tri events?
    I think there is a difference between a marathon and a workout. My body craves more food after I workout.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A normal 30 hour 45 min workout, yes I eat normally, or maybe a little more. When I work out hard for 2 or 3 hours, where my body is shaking, head is pounding, I want water and rest. Definitely not a normal meal(lunch or dinner). I would get home from practice at 5 grab a snack or small salad(im not a salad fan), and a snack a couple hours later. Wake up with a full breakfast and be ready to start again!

I need to get back to those days....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You know I've tried the p90x, but the diet is my main problem. I need to stick to one....LOL

I usually eat somewhat OK - mainly stick to subway 6inch chicken breast w/ wheat bread during the week in the day time, but the evenings are a bit in limbo for me, and the weekends are well...the weekends...

I'll see if I can stick to one or the other with the diet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    swimming is the best period haha
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    lol, not everyone has easy access to a pool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    Swimming should be a part of everyones routine! Biking is very good too.

A major gym should have a pool, the ymca has one, local community colleges all have pools. There is access if you search.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I like to swim in crude oil.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Major Gyms have pools that old Asian man pee in to, i am not swimming in that filth!

Main point of staying in shape is to be physically active, walking to the store and not driving the car 3 blocks down, going for a swim, parking your car at the end of the parking and walk to the store, play a few sports on regular basis.
    Watch what you eat is also fairly easy if you tell your self no more soda but water, no more fast food but a nicely steamed chicken with steamed rice and broccoli.
    My current work out partner is 300LBS with about 40% body fat we will see in few months how he looks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My current work out partner is 300LBS with about 40% body fat we will see in few months how he looks.
    Wow, is it even physically safe for him to workout?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Wow, is it even physically safe for him to workout?
    we taking it slow =D right now im getting him used to diet and light weights he cant last in my world so for now all concentration on him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Major Gyms have pools that old Asian man pee in to, i am not swimming in that filth!
    Urine is comprised of over 90% water content. With the amount of water in a swimming pool and even the chlorine, I can assure you, the urea will be so diluted that it would not even be detected in a water analysis test.

The urea content in urine is so small that you can filter it out and drink the remaining water merely by using a lighter and 3 tin cans.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Urine is comprised of over 90% water content. With the amount of water in a swimming pool and even the chlorine, I can assure you, the urea will be so diluted that it would not even be detected in a water analysis test.

The urea content in urine is so small that you can filter it out and drink the remaining water merely by using a lighter and 3 tin cans.
    is that why the water in the pool all yellow ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've never seen yellow pool water.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No gym will have yellow water.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Started day 1 of insanity....I just realized how weak my quadriceps are...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Day 2 complete - HOLY $#@!. They don't call it insanity for no reason. the tshirt I was wearing was half-drenched...alot of cardio.....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Swimming just works out your whole body and is great for your body. Alongside Weightlifting, swimming can get you really toned really fast too!

For my highschool varsity swim team, for dryland we do weights and then p90x stuff, and then swim 3 hours in the afternoon lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I need to get back into this. Got a month before miami. Stupid room is too small to work out in >_<

Maybe I can do it at my friends house.

I usually dont drink soda..ever. Just not a fan of it. Rather drink Vitamin Water or just straight water. I cut out a lot of the fast food, since we eat so much of it at the shop my gut was starting to grow, and I am very active around the shop (sweating a lot of it out in the summer time). Back on the Protein shakes for the day and light meals, I was doing that last year when I first started Insanity (then work got so busy I had no time to finish it) and I dropped 15lbs by the end of the first month.,...just in eating alone! Drinking the Creatine shakes before bedtime helped a bunch too, as I am always starving when I wake up and I overeat like crazy for breakfast...now Im just kinda 'eh' when I wake up, and I eat light cuse you still feel full.
    Last edited by Itsbrokeagain; 06-04-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast