Close

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    BMW E82 1M production run to last only 1 year, through 2011

    We knew the 1M would have a short lifespan we just did not think it would be quite this short. The F20 1 series is around the corner and has been spotted testing all over the place. The 1M is going to be out of production by December of this year. BMWNA M brand manager Matt Russel told the Detroit Bureau the 1M “will be a one-year car." We expect BMW to roll out an M model for the next generation F20 1 series much faster than for the E82 since there no longer is a stigma about a "cheap" M and BMW learned that they could make fast money selling the M badge.

    Click here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    812
    Rep Points
    604.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    They said this from the beginning, "the 1M will be a limited production"

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Yea ok, so check this out.

    BMW Hype's this car like they have a 12 inch cock. They show 1 inch of it at a time, finally they release the $#@! and it's nothing but a modded 135 with M3 bits and a flash. Cool story.

    Now they are saying that this 12 inch cock is only going to be out for one year? What happened to the hype, I thought this car was supposed to be THE $#@!?




    So, I therefore dub thee:
































    $#@!ING FAIL
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,923
    Rep Points
    1,825.9
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Wont be easy to find. I think it will be awesome after the n54 gets a fueling solutions. 600+whps 1Ms.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Wont be easy to find. I think it will be awesome after the n54 gets a fueling solutions. 600+whps 1Ms.
    All two of them.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    All two of them.
    Exactly. I think bmw said they will produce 1000 units. How many will make it to the US? Only time you will see one of these is at a bmw meet/show.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dOpEdUpM3 Click here to enlarge
    They said this from the beginning, "the 1M will be a limited production"
    True, this is extremely limited.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Wont be easy to find. I think it will be awesome after the n54 gets a fueling solutions. 600+whps 1Ms.
    No need to find it when you can just get a 135 and do the same for less money.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Yea ok, so check this out.

    BMW Hype's this car like they have a 12 inch cock. They show 1 inch of it at a time, finally they release the $#@! and it's nothing but a modded 135 with M3 bits and a flash. Cool story.

    Now they are saying that this 12 inch cock is only going to be out for one year? What happened to the hype, I thought this car was supposed to be THE $#@!?
    I agree, no tears here.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    You guys...... Click here to enlarge

    Lets say it made 330whp (because it was under-rated) naturally aspirated with a modified N52 running to 8,000RPM somehow.

    Would you still say it's a "fail"?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Yes it would be fail because it would just be another E46, we want to see evolution.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Boca Raton FL
    Posts
    1,988
    Rep Points
    48.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    At least we will have one on this board. My brother is getting his in August.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    You guys...... Click here to enlarge

    Lets say it made 330whp (because it was under-rated) naturally aspirated with a modified N52 running to 8,000RPM somehow.

    Would you still say it's a "fail"?
    Like DBFIU said, it would just be an E46 M3 then.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Like DBFIU said, it would just be an E46 M3 then.
    Lol well WTF do y'all want? The E46 M3 was a "Real" M car, right?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
    At least we will have one on this board. My brother is getting his in August.
    I'm getting the one allocation in Corpus, unless my salesman is a lying piece of $#@!. Click here to enlarge

    It will be on our Mustang dyno and simulated 1/4 mile right after break-in.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Yes it would be fail because it would just be another E46, we want to see evolution.
    It would be faster than the E46, just like it is now.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    Lol well WTF do y'all want? The E46 M3 was a "Real" M car, right?
    One of the best of all time.

    All I wanted was at the very least a motor that differentiated itself from what was offered in non-M's. This is the weakest job by BMW on an M motor in history. It isn't even an M motor, that is the whole problem, cutting corners.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I'm getting the one allocation in Corpus, unless my salesman is a lying piece of $#@!. Click here to enlarge

    It will be on our Mustang dyno and simulated 1/4 mile right after break-in.
    You are getting a 1M? For sure? If so, PM me although I need an owner in California for something special and a good deal for that owner.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    One of the best of all time.

    All I wanted was at the very least a motor that differentiated itself from what was offered in non-M's. This is the weakest job by BMW on an M motor in history. It isn't even an M motor, that is the whole problem, cutting corners.
    I agree that it is not an M motor. It is an "M tuned" motor. They SHOULD HAVE changed the hardware, like with the X5/6 Ms. But the car as a whole I think could still be considered an "M car".

    Either way I'm gonna have a blast with it, daily. Autocross/Track days will just be icing on the cake.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I agree that it is not an M motor. It is an "M tuned" motor. They SHOULD HAVE changed the hardware, like with the X5/6 Ms
    Exactly and this pisses me off beyond belief and it pisses me off even more that other people aren't as pissed off.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
    Posts
    3,106
    Rep Points
    1,236.6
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Exactly and this pisses me off beyond belief and it pisses me off even more that other people aren't as pissed off.
    I'm not so pissed off because I happen to really like the N54. Plus, there seems to be some very powerful options in the near future for that motor. If not, it's just some extra fab time for me. Click here to enlarge

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,488
    Rep Points
    32,174.7
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I'm not so pissed off because I happen to really like the N54. Plus, there seems to be some very powerful options in the near future for that motor. If not, it's just some extra fab time for me. Click here to enlarge
    It isn't about the N54 for me, it is about the M division selling out.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •