Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Question FI Options For US E36 M3

Hey Guys,

I know that there are a few experts on E36 M3s and FI in here. One of my friends in Kuwait wants to FI his US SPec E36 M3. What is a good Supercharger and Turbo kit for this car that can be used Daily if need be. Both 91 and 93 fuel is available at pump in Kuwait, the weather is very hot goes up to 125f. So a good reliable kit is needed for this weather that can easily cope with the heat and humidity. Thanks in advance for all your help fellas.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Remember gentlemen, priority is something that works well in HIGH heat.

I would say this rules out twin screws as sad as it is to say simply due to heat soak which won't be fun when it's 125 out.

A mild turbo or vortech SC will be the way to go.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    something with a massive intercooler,
    i think Vortech V1 is a good option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am looking for kits that are lready on the market, We do not want to do a custom kit.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    I am looking for kits that are lready on the market, We do not want to do a custom kit.
    Well, first you need to decide if you want turbo or an SC though...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, first you need to decide if you want turbo or an SC though...
    Well we wana look at both options and see the pros and cons of both and then decide Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is what I have found so far:

Technique Tuning Turbo: http://www.techniquetuning.com/e36m3obd1turbo.html
    Eurosport Twin Screw SC: http://eurosporthighperformance.com/supercharger.html
    TRM Turbo: http://www.racersmarket.net/index.ph...mart&Itemid=93

I absolutely love the Twin Screw, look at the fitment of that thnig, its like OEM! I also like the Technique Turbo Stage 1 kit. Looks to be a good kit.
    Let me know your thoughts fella's
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    This is what I have found so far:

Technique Tuning Turbo: http://www.techniquetuning.com/e36m3obd1turbo.html
    Eurosport Twin Screw SC: http://eurosporthighperformance.com/supercharger.html
    TRM Turbo: http://www.racersmarket.net/index.ph...mart&Itemid=93

I absolutely love the Twin Screw, look at the fitment of that thnig, its like OEM! I also like the Technique Turbo Stage 1 kit. Looks to be a good kit.
    Let me know your thoughts fella's
    I love the twin screw as well but think you should cross it off due to heat soak and your temps. Out of what you mentioned it will suffer the greatest power loss due to heat.

Technique Tuning is great stuff but TRM seems to be a better value. If going turbo, I think I would side with TRM for what you get for the dollar.

Nothing wrong with a proven turbo kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    But as far as I understand the TRM is not a complete kit and you still have to buy SW and injectors etc seperatelly.

I like the size of the itnercooler on the Technique kit and that its a completel kit with the tune.

I will need a lot more feedback from E36 owners before I recommend anything to my friend in Kuwait.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a member here selling a AA Twin Screw.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^ no man, twin screw is the last thing he wants,for twin screw he should cover the whole engine bay with intercooler.
    Best sc option is V1 T-trim.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    ^ no man, twin screw is the last thing he wants,for twin screw he should cover the whole engine bay with intercooler.
    Best sc option is V1 T-trim.

Ummm dude. Do you know what you are talking about? The twin screw kit has a built in aftercooler which replaces the intake manifold, and has a front mount heat exchanger. Works just like an intercooler, but with less psi loss because of the piping needed for the intercooler. OP is the car obd 1 or obd2?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Ummm dude. Do you know what you are talking about? The twin screw kit has a built in aftercooler which replaces the intake manifold, and has a front mount heat exchanger. Works just like an intercooler, but with less psi loss because of the piping needed for the intercooler. OP is the car obd 1 or obd2?
    Man i know what i'm saying, the heat in Kwuait is killer, it's way hotter than the heat exchanger's ability, twin screw won't work with that heat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Man i know what i'm saying, the heat in Kwuait is killer, it's way hotter than the heat exchanger's ability, twin screw won't work with that heat.
    I believe the OP is looking for a kit setup. There is also meth kits that can aid with high heat. Is the OP obd1 or obd2? These kits were designed (AA's kit) in Florida where its very humid, and hot. If the OP is going turbo, and is Obd2 the TT kit, or an AA sc setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the input guys, i appreciate the help. I am trying to check with my friend if the car is obd 1 or obd 2. I will report back soon.

As far as the heat in Kuwait goes its very very hot! a few days ago it was already 50c there. temps go up to 55c easy there. lots of dust and heat.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for the input guys, i appreciate the help. I am trying to check with my friend if the car is obd 1 or obd 2. I will report back soon.

As far as the heat in Kuwait goes its very very hot! a few days ago it was already 50c there. temps go up to 55c easy there. lots of dust and heat.
    I'm sure. Kool keep us informed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a member here selling a AA Twin Screw.
    She sold it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ahhh. Then he should really look into a new kit if he doesn't want issues. If he wants big power he should go with a CES MAX PSI Turbo Kit to rape much of the middle east.

Ron Paul 2012

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ahhh. Then he should really look into a new kit if he doesn't want issues. If he wants big power he should go with a CES MAX PSI Turbo Kit to rape much of the middle east.
    Yes, a new kit, and either turbo or centri based.

We also don't know the budget.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, a new kit, and either turbo or centri based.

We also don't know the budget.
    Correct

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It will be a new kit 100%, right now I want to see what options are out there so he can be given a choice.

Budget is not a very big concern but something under 10k would be good, something at around 6k even better lol.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It will be a new kit 100%, right now I want to see what options are out there so he can be given a choice.

Budget is not a very big concern but something under 10k would be good, something at around 6k even better lol.
    Well, if the guy wants more power and something that can grow with him, a good turbo kit brand new can fit in that range. Low end response / torque will be better than the centri but a supercharger is easier to install and vortech units are pretty reliable.

Supercharger kit will likely be cheaper depending on who you go with. Looks like TRM for turbo or AA for supercharger.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Centri's response isn't that bad as sticky said but it ain't close to a positive displacement, and you will get alot less headache with it compared to turbo kit.
    if i were you i would get a centri kit from AA.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Centri's response isn't that bad as sticky said but it ain't close to a positive displacement, and you will get alot less headache with it compared to turbo kit.
    if i were you i would get a centri kit from AA.
    If my friend wants to go for AA thats fine but i can't help him install it if its AA, Dont ask me why.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    By the way the car is OBD 1
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast