Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Vader Click here to enlarge
    Your saying AR Resonated DP's will come out sounding better then AR Catless? Issue remains, will the AR Resonated be more restrictive then the catless.
    I'll be keeping my incredible no rasp sound with the resonated, but then I will lose out on free flow..
    Click here to enlarge resonators are a straight through design, no exhaust restriction...
    JB4LIFE

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Vader Click here to enlarge
    Your saying AR Resonated DP's will come out sounding better then AR Catless? Issue remains, will the AR Resonated be more restrictive then the catless.
    I'll be keeping my incredible no rasp sound with the resonated, but then I will lose out on free flow..
    No restriction with no cats on the resonated...

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    87
    Rep Points
    136.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    I was confused by you saying resonated. I know of the catless DP's. I want them for the power, but the RASP may be to much.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Vader Click here to enlarge
    I was confused by you saying resonated. I know of the catless DP's. I want them for the power, but the RASP may be to much.
    A/R has downpipes with resonators built in to help reduce drone/ rasp when going catless... is you do that with another set of resonators in the midpipe you should be fine fully catless

    http://www.ardesign.info/store/bmw-1...downpipes.html
    JB4LIFE

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    87
    Rep Points
    136.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Oh! I did not know that!!
    Do the resonators have more back pressure then fully catlesss ones?
    Sounds like my vehicle will still be louder then it is now! Just with less rasp and drone. what a Solid Idea.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    They should not cause any back pressure at go with those dp's and another set of resonators somewhere and you may have the best sounding exhaust
    JB4LIFE

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    id say get the resonated AR DP's, cant go wrong with that. i just think fully catless all the way through may be too loud for you eventually, so resonated sounds like a perfect plan..

    car sounds sweet btw, i like it Click here to enlarge

  8. #33
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    87
    Rep Points
    136.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Just picked up AA Catless DP's. I'm going to see what it sounds like completely straight! Down the road I may add a resonator and x-pipe it, howeverI feel one of the main reasons it sounds so good right now is because I have no X-pipe, just two independent exhausts going out the back!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Vader Click here to enlarge
    Just picked up AA Catless DP's. I'm going to see what it sounds like completely straight! Down the road I may add a resonator and x-pipe it, howeverI feel one of the main reasons it sounds so good right now is because I have no X-pipe, just two independent exhausts going out the back!
    You may want to get an X pipe or H pipe, one reason why the pipes meet is to balance exhaust backpressure.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Damn, those AR DPs look nice but $979 is a bit steep for DPs...gotta pay for quality I guess!

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    It's going to sound cool for a few weeks and straight up annoying on the highway
    JB4LIFE

  12. #37
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Here's fully catless no resonators

    JB4LIFE

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Why no Jelly Fish allowed?

  14. #39
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why no Jelly Fish allowed?
    Lol idk the shop owner is a duech bag and he thinks it's funny... Guy has $#@!ed two of my friend over for big money
    JB4LIFE

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,826
    Rep Points
    31,567.3
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    Lol idk the shop owner is a duech bag and he thinks it's funny... Guy has $#@!ed two of my friend over for big money
    That is not something a Jolly fish would do... hahahah, get it?

    Sorry, my attempt at his same lame humor.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That is not something a Jolly fish would do... hahahah, get it?

    Sorry, my attempt at his same lame humor.
    Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    87
    Rep Points
    136.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Your kidding right. All I heard in that video was a very annoying song, no exhaust note at all!
    --> I am not bothered at all by my exhaust note. Every day I have a 30 minute highway drive to work, then a 30 minute highway drive back. With or without music I don't even notice my exhaust, when I do pay attention it just sounds sexy!

    I'm one of those fellows who it doesn't bug.
    Mind you I have no drone with my current set up... * don't ask me how *
    with catless dp's I'm excited to make it even louder and up the drone inside the vehicle.
    2007 E90 335i | Saphire Black Metallic | Luxury,Premium, Nav
    FBO + JB4Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Miami Beach
    Posts
    1,092
    Rep Points
    513.1
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    somewhat off topic but i want to see a 335i breath fire !! every time i hear straight pipes in a turbo car i think flames coming out of the exhuast which i would love to see
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #44
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    1,716
    Rep Points
    826.2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Reputation: Yes | No
    my bad the video never had music before

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Vader Click here to enlarge
    Your kidding right. All I heard in that video was a very annoying song, no exhaust note at all!
    --> I am not bothered at all by my exhaust note. Every day I have a 30 minute highway drive to work, then a 30 minute highway drive back. With or without music I don't even notice my exhaust, when I do pay attention it just sounds sexy!

    I'm one of those fellows who it doesn't bug.
    Mind you I have no drone with my current set up... * don't ask me how *
    with catless dp's I'm excited to make it even louder and up the drone inside the vehicle.
    JB4LIFE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •