Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

N54s most popular tuner?

Hey Shiv,

Reposting here for your benefit. I'd like to claim title of n54's most popular tuner. So if you have any objections let me know and lets get the audit done.

Best,
    T

Noticed an interesting poll running on "Shiv's forum" regarding which tune is more popular there:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369698

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu
    This thread by might be fun to follow. But there are a few thousand Procede users out there. Contrary to what BMS claims, this is prabably more than jb1, jb2 and jb3 owners combined. So even getting 100 votes still represents a 3-4% subset of the entire customer base. As odd as it sounds to us, the internet enthusiast is in a minority.

Shiv
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mike@n54tuning.com
    It's an interesting point.

I know how many JB3s I sell but the sales figures from the tuners are contested. So let me throw this out there. Shiv if we could convince BMS to allow an independent auditor to review their books and determine how many tunes are sold would you let an auditor review yours? Then we would finally know how many of each tune have been sold from an independent source. And you could both split the costs of it. It would at least settle that debate.

Mike
    I thought Mike brought up an interesting point. How would one go about claiming the title of the N54's most popular tuner? I think an independent audit is the perfect solution and I'd be happy to split the cost provided we use a real firm that really audited both sales and units produced to verify no funny business. :popcorn

As far as current tunes I'm happy to report right now we have ~3500 JB3 and ~2000+ JB Plus tuners out in the field tearing up streets near you. Click here to enlarge

On the procede front I've always wondered how many Rev2 systems are in use. I'd be willing to bet its well south of 1000. Maybe south of 750? But lets find out!

If we're talking obsolete tunes I think we have 1200 JB1/JB2/JBX systems out. I'd guess there was a similar number of the earlier procede v2/v3 systems out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Let's hear it Shiv!
    2010 LeMans Blue M Sport 335i: JB3 2.0, BMS DCI, BMS TT/BG, 19" VM V714, JB Kidneys, Painted Ref, Debadged, UR CL DP's, TEIN S-Tech Springs

Old Ride: 2007 Montego 335i 6MT 12.34@111

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Terry,
    Regardless of what the user polls say, you'll always be popular to me. So you can worry less about what I'm doing and just concentrate on your product.
    Love
    shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

LOL Click here to enlarge <3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Terry,
    Regardless of what the user polls say, you'll always be popular to me. So you can worry less about what I'm doing and just concentrate on your product.
    Love
    shiv
    Is this your way of politely conceding to the claim of BMS is the most popular N54 Tune?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Terry,
    Love
    shiv
    Hi Shiv,

Funny guy. But you made the claim so why not back it up with an audit? How many Rev2s are currently in use?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Hi Shiv,

Funny guy. But you made the claim so why not back it up with an audit? How many Rev2s are currently in use?
    Hey Shiv,

Reposting here for your benefit. I'd like to claim title of n54's most popular tuner. So if you have any objections let me know and lets get the audit done.

Best,
    T

Noticed an interesting poll running on "Shiv's forum" regarding which tune is more popular there:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=369698

I thought Mike brought up an interesting point. How would one go about claiming the title of the N54's most popular tuner? I think an independent audit is the perfect solution and I'd be happy to split the cost provided we use a real firm that really audited both sales and units produced to verify no funny business. :popcorn

As far as current tunes I'm happy to report right now we have ~3500 JB3 and ~2000+ JB Plus tuners out in the field tearing up streets near you. Click here to enlarge

On the procede front I've always wondered how many Rev2 systems are in use. I'd be willing to bet its well south of 1000. Maybe south of 750? But lets find out!

If we're talking obsolete tunes I think we have 1200 JB1/JB2/JBX systems out. I'd guess there was a similar number of the earlier procede v2/v3 systems out.

Hi Shiv,

The claim I made was a joke pointing to the comparitive sales claims you make on a neat daily basis as of late. Which is silly because you have no record of what we sell, how much we sell and to whom we sell. So making claims of being the most popular or (in)famous tuner is self-gratifying and has no benefit to anyone/anything else other than your ego. But if that is your thing, go for it. Just do it in private. Or maybe with a few of your customers who are also into it. Please don't send me any pictures. Or bother inviting me. I have more productive things to do.

But I'll give you this... You really are impressing a lot of people with this one.

Much Respect,
    shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hi Shiv,

As you said I really have no idea how many Rev2s are in use. I can only speculate. But if we're going to make a claim of being the n54s most popular tuner, which we intend to do, a little due diligence to ensure that is an accurate claim is in order don't you think?

In doing a little research I was shocked to find reports Dinan had tuned 1200 n54s as of early 2009. So forum polls don't give you all the answers on these things which is why I'm asking you for an honest answer. And offering to split an audit to verify.

Best,
    T

PS. If you'd like to make the claim of the richest n54 tuner we'll happily concede that. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Terry,
    I wasn't aware that I was a participant in this popularity contest. That said, I will gladly concede all titles and crowns to you. Especially the one for being N54s Biggest Drama Queen. Go do something productive. And don't worry about forum polls. I'm sure you are doing better than suggested.

Shiv
    Last edited by shiv@vishnu; 04-02-2010 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Splelling

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Love it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

awww.. shiv is getting personal "N54s biggest drama queen"... so cute. here, typical shiv answer..: "Whatever helps you sleep shiv."...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

A poll on e90post will not accurately reflect the market, it will accurately reflect the market e90post portrays.

Nothing wrong with that, people are there to make money and take advatange of it, I don't blame anyone. Clearly, both setups have large followings online.

However, I'm not going to blatantly take sides but I will say that the JB3 does offer the most bang for the buck in the N54 marketplace which is vital to consumers today. How popular is the JB3? The day I announced BMS supported BB giving one away is the still the highest single registration day in the history of this site. The day that followed would be the second largest. That is just my personal experience that I would like to contribute and want to make it known Terry and the JB3 itself propelled the vast majority of traffic here. Clearly, it's popular enough that it can strongly assist a small independent site to go one on one against the "big guy."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    awww.. shiv is getting personal "N54s biggest drama queen"... so cute. here, typical shiv answer..: "Whatever helps you sleep shiv."...
    He isn't being bad at all, both are saying what they want under a thin veil of respect.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

still kinda funny.. but I will agree, it's awesome to have both be able to post.
    || DCT | ESS Tune | ACM Test-pipes | AA Green Filter | Swift Spec-R Springs | Stoptech ST-40 F || || My Youtube Channel|| My Vimeo Channel ||

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

whoa I somehow ended up on myspace by accident, better close this window quick before I get even dumber.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jpsimon Click here to enlarge
    whoa I somehow ended up on myspace by accident, better close this window quick before I get even dumber.
    Man... I can deal with you losing a few IQ points for Myspace's traffic. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Who really cares who the most popular tune is? What the hell is this... high school? That reminds me, I can't wait to goto my high school reunion and see all the moronic popular kids who still don't have a job. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pcmike Click here to enlarge
    Who really cares who the most popular tune is? What the hell is this... high school? That reminds me, I can't wait to goto my high school reunion and see all the moronic popular kids who still don't have a job. Click here to enlarge
    Its just another topic to discuss. Isn't that why we are here, to discuss things?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Its just another topic to discuss. Isn't that why we are here, to discuss things?
    People complain about this stuff but can't help themselves from reading it Click here to enlarge

Discuss all you guys want for as long as you want, I don't mind.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by yandyr Click here to enlarge
    still kinda funny.. but I will agree, it's awesome to have both be able to post.
    It is very nice, I agree. They both seem to be relishing it... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Good thing duels aren't still legal, or are they?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I think Terry just wants to get Shiv to agree to an audit to officially disclose financial/business information and find out how Shiv is doing.

In the end, Shiv already conceded the title, so what does it matter? Why does topic have to go any further. Just add "the most popular tune" to your sig. If people care about buying a product because it's popular, then that's their choice.

And besides, it's been said by either Mike or Terry in any discussion relating to Procede vs JB3 that the JB3 is outselling the Procede by a greater ratio, and has the most customers in the 11's or 120s, and has hundreds of millions of tuned miles without catastrophic failure. I have remembered the pitch already. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Slightly pathetic.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Is there a back-story I am missing here? I haven't seen anything stating the Procede sold the most units. In my experience on the other forum the average N54 modder is primarily price point driven (repo everything, KW's, etc) and in that aspect the JB will win every time.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

The backstory is:
    For some time, Terry has been regularly touting that the jb3 outsells our Procede 3:1. To verify, one of his customer started a thread on e90post asking what tune everyone had. And after a few hours, the Procede had nearly three times as many votes as all the jb tunes put together. I commented suggesting this is what I expected. This infuriated Terry who is still pestering me to do a mutual audit so he can rightfully claim the apparantly much sought-after title of the worlds most popular n54 tuner. I can't make this stuff up.

Shiv

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast