Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    HMM this thread is WINNING when is the runs?
    Probably never. He won't run unless it's some 4th gear 90mph pull to 200mph BS. If he wants to run me, I'll match his bet and we'll do it 1/4 mile like real racers do. He's got a 2 step so he should launch out the whole harder than me who just bogs and hooks.
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Hrmmis I'm lost. Who and what is racing what?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    gtr vs supra....run it heads up guys...the supra is apperently a "gtr killer" if im not mistaken...lets see how they stack up against each other

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    Probably never. He won't run unless it's some 4th gear 90mph pull to 200mph BS. If he wants to run me, I'll match his bet and we'll do it 1/4 mile like real racers do. He's got a 2 step so he should launch out the whole harder than me who just bogs and hooks.
    I know people like that, they just want to stack the odds in their favor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    lol i know exactly what your talking about...i hate all these new stupid bull$#@! spots or starting points...what ever happened to a good ol heads up run...people get too crazy with trying to make power and they never remember that it only matters if you can put that power to the ground

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

It may also have to do with gearing. I'm changing my R&P to optimize 1/8 and 1/4 pulls. That plus 3 speed auto= lucky if I get to 170mph. So with that gearing highway pulls will be out for me but I'm wanting a quick change rear end to where I can swap in 200mph gears but that will make me a pig of the line. When you get serious about one type of racing you gotta sacrifice other forms abit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

wow lol he wont agree to dig run and roll run? only rolls?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    It may also have to do with gearing. I'm changing my R&P to optimize 1/8 and 1/4 pulls. That plus 3 speed auto= lucky if I get to 170mph. So with that gearing highway pulls will be out for me but I'm wanting a quick change rear end to where I can swap in 200mph gears but that will make me a pig of the line. When you get serious about one type of racing you gotta sacrifice other forms abit.
    It's not a gearing question it's more along the lines of running from a high enough roll to where traction won't be a problem and then to a speed where the big power has the obvious advantage. Essentially favoring ones powerband/traction over real world speeds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    wow lol he wont agree to dig run and roll run? only rolls?
    Yup. But only high speed rolls...
    It's not a gearing question it's more along the lines of running from a high enough roll to where traction won't be a problem and then to a speed where the big power has the obvious advantage. Essentially favoring ones powerband/traction over real world speeds.
    He knows my car will grip right from 0mph so that's why he wants to race in his strong point, 80mph-160+ where the big single turbo he has will shine. I understand him wanting to race on his terms so that he wins but when you have a big single turbo supra with meth and the works I don't see why he would be so scared to run an average Joe GT-R from a dig? Say he doesn't get the greatest launch...he should still be able to catch up with ease since he has such a monster of a supra, right? I'll even settle for a 1st gear roll, which is meeting halfway since I won't be able to launch the car and he won't have instant tire slip either.
    BRING IT
    his: _______________ hers: Mitsubishi Evolution X
    gone: R35 GT-R,
    C6 Z06, V2 CTS-V, E60 M5 SMG, CLK500

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yup. But only high speed rolls...

He knows my car will grip right from 0mph so that's why he wants to race in his strong point, 80mph-160+ where the big single turbo he has will shine. I understand him wanting to race on his terms so that he wins but when you have a big single turbo supra with meth and the works I don't see why he would be so scared to run an average Joe GT-R from a dig? Say he doesn't get the greatest launch...he should still be able to catch up with ease since he has such a monster of a supra, right? I'll even settle for a 1st gear roll, which is meeting halfway since I won't be able to launch the car and he won't have instant tire slip either.
    BRING IT
    It shouldn't be your problem since the car isn't setup right. Learn to modulate the wheel spin, run a proper wheel/tire combo, work the tune to limit boost early on and run *not directed at you Stallion*.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    It shouldn't be your problem since the car isn't setup right. Learn to modulate the wheel spin, run a proper wheel/tire combo, work the tune to limit boost early on and run *not directed at you Stallion*.
    Agreed =D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Blaizon Click here to enlarge
    Yes,especially when he has a call-out edited into the end of the video basically saying," if you think you're fast enuff lets run"
    Guy sounds like he won a few easy races&is now resting on his laurels and thats where the cockiness is coming from..

There seems to be more&more of this attitude in the NY/NJ are as of late..I had some $#@! go down last nite along the same lines as this Joe Supra incident. A local hot-shot puts the word out on the street he wants to run me on my street Busa for $1000 cash w his GSXR-1000 (without ever seeing my bike in person no less).
    I have people calling me left&right: Hey,so&so wants to run you heads up for a grand blah blah blah

I accept the challenge;show up last nite to do the thang&when he see's my bike for the very first time decides he doesnt wanna run me with his 1000...but will go borrow a dedicated drag bike w spray that's not even close to street legal. WTF!?! How you gonna call somebody out like that&then when you realize you bit off more than you can chew you switch the game up??
    People are scared to lock up a race unless its a sure thing&thats the frickin problem here in our area.Doesn't matter if it's a bike or a car either. It never was like this back in my hey-day..$#@!,people would negotiate a run to make it as fair as possible no matter how mismatched the 2 cars/bikes running were! And it was fun too! I remember a run in Queens on Francis Lewis Blvd back in the 90's between a Yamaha Banshee quad&a 10sec Fox body notchback for christ sakes..people just wanted to race for the fun of racing&everyone had a good time..now it's stand around and argue for 3hrs and end up doing nothing. Its for fun;it's a hobby for my friends&I,we enjoy racing..period Click here to enlarge

Rant over,thanks for listening lol!!! Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Not all NJ/NY people do that but Majority do.... good runs we had so was was chipped clk550 vs JB4 335i - Evo sport M6 vs 370Z TT - Evo X vs moded G37S all runs ware done on fair grounds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Yes,especially when he has a call-out edited into the end of the video basically saying," if you think you're fast enuff lets run"
    Guy sounds like he won a few easy races&is now resting on his laurels and thats where the cockiness is coming from..

There seems to be more&more of this attitude in the NY/NJ are as of late..I had some $#@! go down last nite along the same lines as this Joe Supra incident. A local hot-shot puts the word out on the street he wants to run me on my street Busa for $1000 cash w his GSXR-1000 (without ever seeing my bike in person no less).
    I have people calling me left&right: Hey,so&so wants to run you heads up for a grand blah blah blah

I accept the challenge;show up last nite to do the thang&when he see's my bike for the very first time decides he doesnt wanna run me with his 1000...but will go borrow a dedicated drag bike w spray that's not even close to street legal. WTF!?! How you gonna call somebody out like that&then when you realize you bit off more than you can chew you switch the game up??
    People are scared to lock up a race unless its a sure thing&thats the frickin problem here in our area.Doesn't matter if it's a bike or a car either. It never was like this back in my hey-day..$#@!,people would negotiate a run to make it as fair as possible no matter how mismatched the 2 cars/bikes running were! And it was fun too! I remember a run in Queens on Francis Lewis Blvd back in the 90's between a Yamaha Banshee quad&a 10sec Fox body notchback for christ sakes..people just wanted to race for the fun of racing&everyone had a good time..now it's stand around and argue for 3hrs and end up doing nothing. Its for fun;it's a hobby for my friends&I,we enjoy racing..period Click here to enlarge

Rant over,thanks for listening lol!!! Click here to enlarge
    Wow those were the times! I used to hang out on Franny Lew back in the day, we used to meet up at the 7 Eleven or at the grocery store across the street. Those were the days...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    There seems to be more&more of this attitude in the NY/NJ are as of late
    its always been there man, thats why the rest of the country hates us Click here to enlarge

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234