Close

Page 56 of 130 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 3248
  1. #1376
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,038
    Rep Points
    5,731.5
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I was calculating fuel costs to tow and it would be like $1200 there and $1200 back. Plus the hotel, fees, etc.

    I mean it's possible but that's not cheap.
    Just wait till for now. Shift sector will have another airstrip in feb. I believe. Would love to see it live at the event.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  2. #1377
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Just wait till for now. Shift sector will have another airstrip in feb. I believe. Would love to see it live at the event.
    If the car isn't ready by Feb I may just pull the plug. I'm sick and tired of missing events. I'm sick and tired of having to defend the shop. I'm sick and tired of not enjoying the car. Nobody is paying me for my patience while my car sits there losing value.

    I've had about enough... but hopefully January is the end.

  3. #1378
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Jersey City
    Posts
    3,852
    Rep Points
    3,642.6
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    37


    Yes Reputation No
    I don't blame you, I would tell the shop, it's Feb or bust, and not pay full price for a unfinished product if they fail....enough is enough
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

  4. #1379
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,245
    Rep Points
    6,792.3
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    68


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I was calculating fuel costs to tow and it would be like $1200 there and $1200 back. Plus the hotel, fees, etc.

    I mean it's possible but that's not cheap.
    Wait? Tow the car?
    Why not just drive it there? Saves you $2400,- minus fuel...
    If it is finished you can drive it around, right?
    Or is it just a purpose build trackcar?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  5. #1380
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,038
    Rep Points
    5,731.5
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If the car isn't ready by Feb I may just pull the plug. I'm sick and tired of missing events. I'm sick and tired of having to defend the shop. I'm sick and tired of not enjoying the car. Nobody is paying me for my patience while my car sits there losing value.

    I've had about enough... but hopefully January is the end.
    I feel you man, I honestly do. There is only so much time you can wait. It's been a long time!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  6. #1381
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    102
    Rep Points
    182.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I think you've been plenty patient with this build, at least with the shop and the constantly extending time line. I think 99% of us on this forum would have been done a long time ago so kudos for sticking with it. I have no monetary investment in this build but I would hate to see you have to just stump it and start all over without ever having received a finish product. A lot of time and money went into this thing I really want to see it finished. So git er done.

    Then come to Vegas and give me a test drive Click here to enlarge

  7. #1382
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Sell it,buy a GTR&start driving around and beat-up on some M3's
    Click here to enlarge

  8. #1383
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If the car isn't ready by Feb I may just pull the plug. I'm sick and tired of missing events. I'm sick and tired of having to defend the shop. I'm sick and tired of not enjoying the car. Nobody is paying me for my patience while my car sits there losing value.

    I've had about enough... but hopefully January is the end.
    I thought you had the car back based on a prior post or that you were breaking it in? Perhaps I misread something, but whatever. In any case I would move on and be done, you can buy and mod something else that would like be as fast or faster in far less time. I assume you would stay German so no GTR's and American cars are cheap and inferior as you have stated.

    So since money is not an issue for you I would consider the following

    Audi/Stasis R8 (Extreme Challenge model with the supercharged V10) its German, blown and very different. Or a UGR version turnkey and go. Just write the check
    SLS with the Weitec blower setup would be cool as well.

    Otherwise all the usual suspects apply. M6, M5, 997 Turbo, S4, RS4, SL63 or 65, Cl63-65, C63, M3 etc... The new Carrera S is a ball to drive.

    Its unfortunate to hear of your troubles...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  9. #1384
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DavidV Click here to enlarge
    Wait? Tow the car?
    Why not just drive it there? Saves you $2400,- minus fuel...
    If it is finished you can drive it around, right?
    Or is it just a purpose build trackcar?
    Because I'm not going to put that many miles on my car plus I need tires, supplies, tools, etc.

  10. #1385
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I thought you had the car back based on a prior post or that you were breaking it in? Perhaps I misread something, but whatever.
    They were breaking it in.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I assume you would stay German so no GTR's and American cars are cheap and inferior as you have stated.
    You really just don't get it. I built a BMW to build up BimmerBoost. If I launch domesticboost.com any time soon I'll buy a domestic to promote it with. I'm just going to do whatever is best for the sites.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    So since money is not an issue for you I would consider the following

    Audi/Stasis R8 (Extreme Challenge model with the supercharged V10) its German, blown and very different. Or a UGR version turnkey and go. Just write the check
    SLS with the Weitec blower setup would be cool as well.

    Otherwise all the usual suspects apply. M6, M5, 997 Turbo, S4, RS4, SL63 or 65, Cl63-65, C63, M3 etc... The new Carrera S is a ball to drive.

    Its unfortunate to hear of your troubles...
    Right now I just want this car done. Anything beyond that will come when the time is right. If the car is the way it should be, I won't be looking for anything else for quite a while.

  11. #1386
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    Sell it,buy a GTR&start driving around and beat-up on some M3's
    When hell freezes over.

  12. #1387
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    When hell freezes over.

    well the end of the world already came so....
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  13. #1388
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,644
    Rep Points
    2,262.8
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    When hell freezes over.
    Hmmmmm.....
    Click here to enlarge

  14. #1389
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jerzee
    Posts
    2,306
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    They were breaking it in.



    You really just don't get it. I built a BMW to build up BimmerBoost. If I launch domesticboost.com any time soon I'll buy a domestic to promote it with. I'm just going to do whatever is best for the sites.



    Right now I just want this car done. Anything beyond that will come when the time is right. If the car is the way it should be, I won't be looking for anything else for quite a while.
    I was trying to offer a kind word...

    Being 1 of 1 or 1 of few is novel but at this point it doesnt seem worth it based on your own stated frustration. Jumping to a new platform seems the logical idea and perhaps costs effective as well. Since you're pushing German rides via your site and you wont buy a GTR, Vette, V, Mustang, Camaro etc... I offered some unique options. Its not hard to understand why you attempted or intended to build the car. The real question is it worth the cost in time, money, stress and so on. I'd call Stasis get me the R8 V10 with the blower, throw some insane Carbon Fiber wheels and ride that $#@!. Promote the sites and have something fast with a warranty thats not on every block. I suspect should you finish this out you will bore of it quickly and want to move on. The new M3 is soon upon us along with a host of other great rides.

    Or eat some crow, buy a C6Z and start Domestic or American Boost and do something new. You could even call these guys for a more plush interior
    http://www.caravaggiocorvettes.com/#/interior
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #1390
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Being 1 of 1 or 1 of few is novel but at this point it doesnt seem worth it based on your own stated frustration.
    It's all worth it if the car does what it should. It's the time that I can't get as much value for.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Since you're pushing German rides via your site and you wont buy a GTR, Vette, V, Mustang, Camaro etc... I offered some unique options. Its not hard to understand why you attempted or intended to build the car.
    Come on, I'm well aware of what is out there and what can be tuned and to what degree.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    Or eat some crow, buy a C6Z and start Domestic or American Boost and do something new.
    Eat what crow? The M3 with the YSI and built motor is going to be very, very fast. I already bought domesticboost.com it's all in the plans. When the time comes I'll move on to a new car.

  16. #1391
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,038
    Rep Points
    5,731.5
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Don't mean to get of topic though. While your car is at Gintani. Build up Domestic boost, you don't need to buy a domestic car for that. There are tons of people already doing some badass builds with domestics right here in our boostnetwork, your boost network. @Sledgehammer @ultimateendz and I are already have reputation and build status to promote domesticboost. Whenever you're ready, you know you have $#@! to front page all the damn time. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  17. #1392
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Don't mean to get of topic though. While your car is at Gintani. Build up Domestic boost, you don't need to buy a domestic car for that. There are tons of people already doing some badass builds with domestics right here in our boostnetwork, your boost network. @Sledgehammer @ultimateendz and I are already have reputation and build status to promote domesticboost. Whenever you're ready, you know you have $#@! to front page all the damn time. Click here to enlarge
    Setting up the domestics is going to be a little complicated.

  18. #1393
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,276
    Rep Points
    1,583.2
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Setting up the domestics is going to be a little complicated.
    because?
    "We need to upgrade your skill before we upgrade your horsepower"

    -Tommy to Josh

  19. #1394
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    because?
    A few reasons.

    First, there are a lot of models. And I will likely need to break it down like this: ford.domesticboost.com gm.domesticboost.com chrysler.domesticboost.com

    Then the engines, models, for each. I mean it's not the end of the world or anything but it just doesn't come as naturally as the German stuff.

  20. #1395
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,038
    Rep Points
    5,731.5
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    A few reasons.

    First, there are a lot of models. And I will likely need to break it down like this: ford.domesticboost.com gm.domesticboost.com chrysler.domesticboost.com

    Then the engines, models, for each. I mean it's not the end of the world or anything but it just doesn't come as naturally as the German stuff.
    Great things take time. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  21. #1396
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    Great things take time. Click here to enlarge
    Also need a new design... and I'm kind of out of colors.

  22. #1397
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,423
    Rep Points
    32,104.2
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Reaching the end of the road guys. I'll have more updates in a couple weeks just waiting on something to come in. Tentatively I would expect break in late this month.

    When this is all said and done, you'll get a nice writeup and what and why took so long. I know you think it's simple, but these motors have been a hell of a learning process. I learned a lot myself about the S65 and it's strengths and weaknesses.

  23. #1398
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,537
    Rep Points
    1,743.7
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Reaching the end of the road guys. I'll have more updates in a couple weeks just waiting on something to come in. Tentatively I would expect break in late this month.

    When this is all said and done, you'll get a nice writeup and what and why took so long. I know you think it's simple, but these motors have been a hell of a learning process. I learned a lot myself about the S65 and it's strengths and weaknesses.

    waiting on a cf driveshaft?

  24. #1399
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,197
    Rep Points
    1,802.8
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Reaching the end of the road guys. I'll have more updates in a couple weeks just waiting on something to come in. Tentatively I would expect break in late this month.
    Delayed Merry Christmas
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  25. #1400
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Naples, Fl
    Posts
    750
    Rep Points
    861.8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Reaching the end of the road guys. I'll have more updates in a couple weeks just waiting on something to come in. Tentatively I would expect break in late this month.

    When this is all said and done, you'll get a nice writeup and what and why took so long. I know you think it's simple, but these motors have been a hell of a learning process. I learned a lot myself about the S65 and it's strengths and weaknesses.
    Cant wait to see what youve created. Any mid-build photos?
    Click here to enlarge

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •