Close

Page 111 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 3248
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    I dont recall saying those are laying around everywhere. However there are more than a few wrecked DCT M3's out there in the world. Sourcing one is more than possible and clearly you're prepared to throw money at the problem. So the cost shouldnt be the issue, nonetheless as opossed to sitting around for months without a trans buying a used one would at least allow use of the car.
    Source one for me right now just to show me.

In terms of reliability or power holding abilityof the SSP parts before you volunteered the trans they didnt have a target or goal for power/tq the trans could hold?
    Yes they did they even rate their clutches in terms of power output.

There are reports of failures with the added parts from SSP and folks going back to stock with modded cars. I appreciate to a certain degree that the car is claimed to be in uncharted territory hp/tq wise. But if the trans wasnt working in less powerful cars why would it be expected to work in bigger power combination.
    Because of their control of the software. We didn't think the problem would end up being hardware. Who knows what they even actually did inside. They didn't even get their oil pan right, the $#@!ing thing leaks like a $#@! during that time of the month.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Wow, that is a $#@!ing joke. Post the whole story Sticky - only way to validate what went down here.

Also, even if they didn't hear from you in 1.5 years, what does that have to do with "bowing out"? So if I go on Ebay right now, buy their clutches, spend 1.5 years building my car, put in those clutches, they don't work...I can't call them to figure out why? WTF is that and how does that make any sense? What I'm saying is, even hearing half of the story, this type of response seems totally absurd unless they are planning on pulling this entire product line.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by singletrack Click here to enlarge
    Wow, that is a $#@!ing joke. Post the whole story Sticky - only way to validate what went down here.

Also, even if they didn't hear from you in 1.5 years, what does that have to do with "bowing out"? So if I go on Ebay right now, buy their clutches, spend 1.5 years building my car, put in those clutches, they don't work...I can't call them to figure out why? WTF is that and how does that make any sense? What I'm saying is, even hearing half of the story, this type of response seems totally absurd unless they are planning on pulling this entire product line.
    At least he can run away from the project. I'm stuck with it.

He could have picked up a phone and what does he have to do with the motor built anyway? It's a ridiculous excuse. Gintani wasn't calling him during the year and a half he had the trans.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Ya they got free R&D at my time and expense. Someone had to ship that trans out there, pay for labor, etc., he doesn't see that.
    A court of law will. Especially when you show that they are selling product based on the R&D done on your transmission. Not to mention apparently committing fraud since no one has been able to get these to work.

Of course I don't know what kind of agreement you had with them. I would never do anything like this without a contract - even if it is documented in email or something similar.

What a cluster $#@! man...this sucks.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Yes they did they even rate their clutches in terms of power output.

Because of their control of the software. We didn't think the problem would end up being hardware. Who knows what they even actually did inside. They didn't even get their oil pan right, the $#@!ing thing leaks like a $#@! during that time of the month.
    So what did they expect the upgardes to hold power wise? Beyond that going stock for now seems the simple option now. Then possibly sourcing a used trans from a wrecked car or a new one if funds allow. As far as finding one for you dude, you're the one with the resources. I'm sure you're able to locate one quickly...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

So what did they expect the upgardes to hold power wise? Beyond that going stock for now seems the simple option now. Then possibly sourcing a used trans from a wrecked car or a new one if funds allow. As far as finding one for you dude, you're the one with the resources. I'm sure you're able to locate one quickly...
    New trans is like $25k from BMW. I mean I would have to be insane to do that.

It isn't how you are making sound, really isn't.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

A court of law will. Especially when you show that they are selling product based on the R&D done on your transmission. Not to mention apparently committing fraud since no one has been able to get these to work.

Of course I don't know what kind of agreement you had with them. I would never do anything like this without a contract - even if it is documented in email or something similar.

What a cluster $#@! man...this sucks.
    I'm not taking anybody to court. Anytime someone searches SSP my story will come up first because of how Google ranks this network. He just buried himself essentially.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M3-Autom...5f2d2c&vxp=mtr

My nice deed for you of the year...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

At least he can run away from the project. I'm stuck with it.

He could have picked up a phone and what does he have to do with the motor built anyway? It's a ridiculous excuse. Gintani wasn't calling him during the year and a half he had the trans.
    Agreed - based on what I know (although one side of the story admittedly) this seems ridiculous. Prove it out with the facts and we will paint the internet with their horrible behavior. You should start a separate thread and link it to this one with their name and info in it so it will be a top hit in google. You probably know better than I how this should be done...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm not taking anybody to court. Anytime someone searches SSP my story will come up first because of how Google ranks this network. He just buried himself essentially.
    What a douche. I have zero tolerance for this kind of behavior. Here let me help:

SSP DCT CLUTCHES DO NOT WORK AND WILL SLEEP WITH YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Man, if that thing works, it's a hell of a deal.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

New trans is like $25k from BMW. I mean I would have to be insane to do that.

It isn't how you are making sound, really isn't.
    You said you were willing to throw money at the problem. And lets be honest this build has not exactly been sane nor simple. I would throw the stock trans together and ride like that until it breaks and/or a solution is found.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Man, if that thing works, it's a hell of a deal.
    Assumming it doesnt work and needs a rebuild its better than being down the whole time while a solution is engineered IMO. These are out there and frankly I would be calling salvage yards especially any that deal in BMW's specifically. Hell maybe find wrecked or high mile car as an option if the price is right.

He could part out the rest of the car and make money easily while keeping anything he wants. Just a thought
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There's a handful of European junk yards in SoCal. If you want some names I can send them over tonight.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

That's a possibility I'll keep in mind. Two DCT transmissions? Wouldn't that be fun to have.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

You said you were willing to throw money at the problem. And lets be honest this build has not exactly been sane nor simple. I would throw the stock trans together and ride like that until it breaks and/or a solution is found.
    I have to throw money at it but I don't want to keep writing blank checks. It isn't even worth it, I might as well go buy myself a Gallardo or Ferrari.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I have to throw money at it but I don't want to keep writing blank checks. It isn't even worth it, I might as well go buy myself a Gallardo or Ferrari.
    UGR Italia retarded fast but different than all the gallardos

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    UGR Italia retarded fast but different than all the gallardos
    I'd have to go with an F430 or Gallardo. Maybe Murci. Regardless, need to get this car done properly now as I have no choice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

I'd have to go with an F430 or Gallardo. Maybe Murci. Regardless, need to get this car done properly now as I have no choice.
    Murci roadster for the win ! timeless exterior and strong as hell with the UGR treatment ... I hear ya bro you might want to consider a 6mt swap :-/ do they have ugraded mt clutches to handle the torque you will make full boost + FTW?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    Murci roadster for the win ! timeless exterior and strong as hell with the UGR treatment ... I hear ya bro you might want to consider a 6mt swap :-/ do they have ugraded mt clutches to handle the torque you will make full boost + FTW?
    No 6 speed swap that kills the whole point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Use this and slap a sequential gearbox in there. Made in Holland , can't go wrong Click here to enlarge

http://www.drenth-gearboxes.nl/produ...s65_dg500.html

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Here's 6 to choose from...

http://www.automotix.net/usedtransmi...8095&seq_num=4

EDIT: one of them is posted 3 times so there are 4 to choose from

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

In terms of reliability or power holding abilityof the SSP parts before you volunteered the trans they didnt have a target or goal for power/tq the trans could hold? There are reports of failures with the added parts from SSP and folks going back to stock with modded cars. I appreciate to a certain degree that the car is claimed to be in uncharted territory hp/tq wise. But if the trans wasnt working in less powerful cars why would it be expected to work in bigger power combination.
    If you go to the SSP Website & the M3 DCT Section, they list clutch upgrades for 600 WHP & 700 WHP which to me IMMEDIATELY illustrates their lack of understand of upgrading transmissions since NOBODY measures clutch capacity in WHP, it's always measured in TQ because that's what kills transmissions.

Ask Drew... He bought their upgraded clutch packs thinking he'd be able to push his VT3 harder. The clutch pack $#@!ed up the OEM programming & bricked his DCT so badly that they couldn't even salvage it when they put back in an OEM clutch pack and tried to reprogram it. Basically ended with him having to buy a brand new DCT so he could drive his car again.

That's a possibility I'll keep in mind. Two DCT transmissions? Wouldn't that be fun to have.
    Makes sense, that way you always have a "backup trans" for any airfield/track/street events Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by funkmobster Click here to enlarge
    Use this and slap a sequential gearbox in there. Made in Holland , can't go wrong Click here to enlarge

http://www.drenth-gearboxes.nl/produ...s65_dg500.html
    is that for dct or manual?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    is that for dct or manual?
    Option C -- According to Google Translate, that's a bell housing adapter for the Drenth DG500 sequential gearbox (6 speed), specifically made for the S65/S85 motors. For anybody that cares, it's rated at 650 Nm (480 Ft Lbs of TQ), which won't be enough for a low-compression build.

Conclusion: Pointless mod for a road car since the OEM DCT can do the same thing
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna