Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Active's 1000 horsepower turbo E46 M3 getting some new AEM tuning? *Updated with dyno graphs*

Active just posted this teaser photo, not sure what is being done exactly but the car is at AEM for a reason:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Why just don't you ask Vic ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

lol god damn. There's still more room for Hp in this beast!? one of the baddest e46's i must say.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Why just don't you ask Vic ?
    The pic was posted by Active.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    any 60-100 figures of this m3, other than 6,8s?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    any 60-100 figures of this m3, other than 6,8s?
    you mean 60-130 right? cause 60-100 in 6.8 is like my car right now lol
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    you mean 60-130 right? cause 60-100 in 6.8 is like my car right now lol
    Pay not attention that thief, and what he posts. I can't wait to see what kind of times Taza puts down. Will we see the first 10 second e46 m3 come from AA?
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Pay not attention that thief, and what he posts. I can't wait to see what kind of times Taza puts down. Will we see the first 10 second e46 m3 come from AA?
    you are an idiot, with zero proof,with a stupid m3.

you are the thief and you are murderer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'll have vbox number soon. Once my friends figures out why it's not saving data to the card.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Hpf2.5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    I'll have vbox number soon. Once my friends figures out why it's not saving data to the card.
    check the side of your card, move the lock of the card so that it can be "written"

moreover, make sure to select the "write results to card" on vbox.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Not my vbox. I haven't been there when he was using it. My car is getting DSC fixed. He's member here so he might see your comment. Otherwise I'll tell him. Lostmarine is his name.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    you are an idiot, with zero proof,with a stupid m3.

you are the thief and you are murderer.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Here are some details:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TazaM3
    So the last 3 days have been somewhat of an adventure. Took the last 3 days off from work to focus on the car for once. I had decided I wanted to retune to car completely using the TPS instead of the MAP sensor. So, I called up Lance (tuner that originally tuned my car) to come to Cali for 3 days. Lance had tuned my car over 3 years ago literally in an hour. Time was always cut short for my car for reasons like Bimmerfest. It was for this reason that I really wanted to get him over to Cali for a full retune.

We started the process by first wiring in a AEM FIC to my car. After this we went out in LA to drive around and tune the car for the street. We drove all over the place, hours in traffic, A/C blasting, it was 90+ degree's here. We drove to the main AEM facility and they did a photoshoot inside their race shop for their motorsports blog. (few pictures taken by my iphone will be below)

Lance literally tuned every little hiccup out of my car. We noticed the car had been running VERY rich so he leaned it out alittle bit.

The final day was spent at Specialty Z's (great guys) dynojet facility. This is where Lance wanted to tune wide open throttle on 91 oct and race gas. He really wanted me to switch to a flex fuel E85 setup but we simply did not have the time to do it. Regardless the results made me happy and the car has never ran like this before!

All the runs were using a very small shot of methanol which the car is not dependent on. Meaning I can turn it off and it will run just the same. Shout out to Drew for meeting up the night before and giving me some nozzles for the meth. I was running 2 large nozzles and ended up just blocking one off.

On 18-19psi, 91 octane gas we made 697whp SAE. You will notice all my graphs will be posted with a ZERO smoothing. Ive posted 3 charts below with various boost levels all pump gas.
    Graphs from tazam3forsale:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Lance is extremely good at what he does and is a believer in smooth power over numbers, this is why I was so impressed. None of these dyno's were done to show off power, they are all street tunes and in my car. We put in VP Q16 and started turning up the boost. At 29psi we made 934whp, again zero correction factor. We also made sure the rpm signal was good and got actual TQ readings. You will notice how smooth the HP and TQ curves are.
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tazam3
    The only problems we faced on the dyno was wheel spin and initial clutch slipping (needed to warm up). According to specialty Z nobody has spun tires on their dyno.

Here is the dyno where you can easily see the wheelspin.
    Click here to enlarge

We wanted to turn up the boost, but the Greddy controller simply didn't want to. We decided to keep it as it is, as it was running so healthy and smooth.

Here is a small video of 2 of the runs on race gas.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

It lags a little bit, but the torque curve is pretty nice. Much nicer than anything else with AEM for whatever reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

More and more I'm wanting another tuning option. Really looking forward to seeing how the ProEFI plays out with others.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Really looking forward to seeing how the ProEFI plays out with others.
    Same here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Very impressive graphs, the curves are so well carved. Be careful with all the power.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

so I dont understand.. has hpf come to these powerlevels? this is just crazy.. lol just needed a retune wow
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

so I dont understand.. has hpf come to these powerlevels? this is just crazy.. lol just needed a retune wow
    There is a bit of controversy over who has hit the higher power levels. HPF says they have, Active says the they have, I don't know who has the higher number but this car supposedly did 1000 whp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There is a bit of controversy over who has hit the higher power levels. HPF says they have, Active says the they have, I don't know who has the higher number but this car supposedly did 1000 whp.
    oh well, this was a one off kit pretty much so It is pretty different. 1000whp lol in an I6 $#@!, times have changed lol
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

oh well, this was a one off kit pretty much so It is pretty different. 1000whp lol in an I6 $#@!, times have changed lol
    Supras have been doing it for a while now and there are BMW's in Europe doing similar things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Supras have been doing it for a while now and there are BMW's in Europe doing similar things.
    idk how I forgot the legend supra. but yea as a kit tho 1000whp is just awesome lol
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I don't really understand one thing about all this. There is an AEM standalone on the car, wired as a piggyback, and the stock ECU, and the MSD box, so why the FIC?

I don't see the need for yet ANOTHER box on the car, unless maybe I'm misunderstanding the box that Active installed on the car. Regardless he is obviously pushing the limits, I mean Q16 is kinda cheating in a way, its like nitromethane toned way the F down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast