Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 77
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    1)I think its very impressive that they have a running stage 3 built motor and kudos to them for all the work and effort that im sure went into it!!! As they work this project im sure this car will make more power and safely
    2)Some things are opinion and some things are fact and its a FACT that an M6 is not slow!! To say that is just dumb im sorry, when my car was bone stock i ran a 12.19@121 and made probably 10 runs that day and trapped over 120 in like 8 of them!!! Delimited the car will run over 200mph and most porsches,ferraris, and even lambos are rated as sub 200mph cars regardless of how much time they have. Stock its rated 0-60 4.2 a zo6 is 3.9 and it weighs 700lb less!! The motor also makes 100hp per liter with no boost! and oh by the way about the weight a Gtr is a couple of donuts away from 4000lb it self!!

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,123.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    2)Some things are opinion and some things are fact and its a FACT that an M6 is not slow!! To say that is just dumb im sorry, when my car was bone stock i ran a 12.19@121 and made probably 10 runs that day and trapped over 120 in like 8 of them!!
    You trapped over 120 stock??!?! Slips?

    The M6 is very fast, anyone who says otherwise doesn't even get it.

    How about the fact it is faster than another 500 horsepower car like the 04 Gallardo? For a fraction of the price?

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    One of my close friends owns a 2010 M6, I cant even count the number of times ive driven it balls out....I never said it was slow, but if you line it up with a 2012 GTR/or vette with roughly the same hp it is going to get walked. And 120+ stock is real impressive, nice job.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    got better than slips a member on here said a few weeks back said that he has it on tape,ill look back for the post and see if i can get the vid but i do have the slips

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,186
    Rep Points
    934.8
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    One of my close friends owns a 2010 M6, I cant even count the number of times ive driven it balls out....I never said it was slow, but if you line it up with a 2012 GTR/or vette with roughly the same hp it is going to get walked. And 120+ stock is real impressive, nice job.
    a gtr stock does 60-130 in the high 10's even low 11's, an m5/6 is in the 10's, the 12 gtr will probably do low 10's maybe high 9's.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,123.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    got better than slips a member on here said a few weeks back said that he has it on tape,ill look back for the post and see if i can get the vid but i do have the slips
    Really would like to add those slips to the database.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,123.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    One of my close friends owns a 2010 M6, I cant even count the number of times ive driven it balls out....I never said it was slow, but if you line it up with a 2012 GTR/or vette with roughly the same hp it is going to get walked. And 120+ stock is real impressive, nice job.
    Umm, but any GTR before 2012 won't walk it and will likely lose from a roll, right? And the M6 has no turbos?

    The Z06 has how many seats again?

    And what about the Gallardo's before the 5.2 liter, don't they lose?

    Saying an M6 is slow was just a pretty ignorant comment.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    ^Not ignorant at all depending from the perspective you look at my comment. Your still saying I said the M6 is slow in general - I never said it was slow overall, I said it is slow when stacked up against certain other cars in its hp range.

    Take an M3, its a fast little car but when stacked up to other cars in its price range/ power level its slow as $#@!. I guess its all about the perspective your looking at my comment.

    And in regards to the GTR I meant 2012, because the previous models weren't as impressive.



    For example, look at the video above......all that M6 has done and its still door to door with a Z06 up until about 140 (which most people race to on the streets), and then just pulls buslengths after that, which is expected looking at what the M6 has done and considering the Z06 is stock.
    Last edited by ERM324; 05-08-2011 at 11:49 PM.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,123.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    ^Not ignorant at all depending from the perspective you look at my comment. Your still saying I said the M6 is slow in general - I never said it was slow overall, I said it is slow when stacked up against certain other cars in its hp range.
    And you just so happened to compare it to the fastest car in its HP range and a car that wasn't even out and has been updated since the M6 came out?

    Um, doesn't the M6 have a 5.0 liter V10 and it weighs more than a Gallardo that was produced at the same time yet it's faster? Isn't the M6 faster from a roll than an E55? SL55? CL600? SL600?

    So you are ignoring all of these why? Sounds like it is faster than majority of cars in its HP range and especially against its direct rivals.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    For example, look at the video above......all that M6 has done and its still door to door with a Z06 up until about 140 (which most people race to on the streets), and then just pulls buslengths after that, which is expected looking at what the M6 has done and considering the Z06 is stock.
    Ummm, the M6 puts buslengths on the Z06 and you are calling it weak? Heh, man, at least pick evidence that doesn't undermine your own point. Yes, it pulls buslengths, goes to show how strong these cars are up top.

    No offense, but you have made some pretty uninformed comments thus far and this video just reinforces it.

    If the Z06 is so much faster why does it get pulled so hard top end? Doesn't look slow vs. the Z06 to me when you yourself call it buslenghts of a difference. These cars have such high HP ratings that to see a difference between them you will need to run them to high speeds. Triple digits are where the M6 just starts stretching its legs.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    880
    Rep Points
    594.0
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    ^LOL.......Z06 IS STOCK, so I am PROVING my point at how STRONG THE Z06 IS OUT OF THE BOX.
    Do the same $#@! thats done to the M6 to the Z06 and the vette will be out of sight within seconds....what is so hard to understand? Not undermining my own point, simply proving it.

    You would argue if someone told you the sky was blue its $#@!ing ridiculous lol....comparing a fully modded M6 vs a stock z06 and saying that the m6 is a monster because of the result........ok pal

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,123.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    ^LOL.......Z06 IS STOCK, so I am PROVING my point at how STRONG THE Z06 IS OUT OF THE BOX.
    You are proving your point about how strong the Z06 is while trying to say the M6 is weak vs. the Z06 by showing an M6 pull buslengths on it up top? Heh, you and I need to talk about how to use evidence to support your claims.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Do the same $#@! thats done to the M6 to the Z06 and the vette will be out of sight within seconds....what is so hard to understand? Not undermining my own point, simply proving it.
    You pulled the rug out from under yourself. When trying to call a car slow, don't use a video where said car destroys the car you are trying to use as evidence of said car being slow.

    Yes, we all know a 7.0 liter V8 has more room to gain with mods, and? This changes the M6 supposedly being slow how?

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    You would argue if someone told you the sky was blue its $#@!ing ridiculous lol
    No, because the sky is blue. What's ridiculous are a few of your statements in this thread starting with talking down on a low compression low boost motor without taking into account that a compression drop will cost you power at the same PSI and secondly calling the M6 slow when up top it is a very strong car.

    Since you like videos, here is a Gallardo, a $170k sports car vs. an M6:



    Hmmm, even with the Gallardo getting the jump the M6 catches and pulls with a passenger. Slow vs. other 500 hp cars? Sure looks strong to me even for less money...

    A BMW V10 is stronger than a V10 in a car that costs $100k more? Interesting.

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,614
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ** not directed at any single person

    I think you guys need to read up on how Comp. affects power. if you recall, a stock Gintani s65 (2+) motor make what? roughly 600hp, or really close to it? @ 9psi? so this one, lowered compression, made 570 ish? well that right there is because he lost power at that boost level due to compression. what he gains is, that now if he bumps to 10psi, he should be right back at that 6xx hp level, more safely, and STILL have the ability to run even higher boost, still on pumpgas. reember that article i pasted up? this is a perfecct example of that in action
    Basically this.

    Low compression motors lose specific power and throttle response. They need more boost to shine, I bet his setup is good for a lot more boost, what's his CR at now?
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,123.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    Basically this.

    Low compression motors lose specific power and throttle response. They need more boost to shine, I bet his setup is good for a lot more boost, what's his CR at now?
    Can't say Click here to enlarge It's good for a hell of a lot more boost.

    I see no reason why he couldn't run 20 psi.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    You m3 guys argue and whine about superchargers mre than 335 guys argue about which tune is better..sheesh..

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    2,185
    Rep Points
    2,132.0
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    Yes Reputation No
    Just in regard to the Z06 vs M6 talk and video. I believe the Z06 loses up top because I believe cant say for sure but that 6th gear is an overdrive gear, for gas mileage etc....where the M6 has 7 gears which is part of the reason its a Freeway monster, especially when compared to the 5speed autos like the e55, cl600 etc...
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,123.4
    Mentioned
    2107 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    Just in regard to the Z06 vs M6 talk and video. I believe the Z06 loses up top because I believe cant say for sure but that 6th gear is an overdrive gear, for gas mileage etc....where the M6 has 7 gears which is part of the reason its a Freeway monster, especially when compared to the 5speed autos like the e55, cl600 etc...
    Yep, the Z06's 5th and 6th gears hurt it. The M6 still is a monster up top, even in stock form.

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    152
    Rep Points
    160.0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Great video Eugene. Also props to you for getting the motor built too. Can't wait to see your car run with more boost. Click here to enlarge


    +1 on the CR. What's the CR of the motor?
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    685
    Rep Points
    757.3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Considering a point drop in compression is about a 4 percent power loss with the same amount of boost give or take a little.

    If I had to guess this car is at 9:1 somewhere in that area.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    570
    Rep Points
    432.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    I wish I can tell you guys the CR but I will have to let Gintani do that part.
    maybe you guys can call
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    177
    Rep Points
    235.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is just the beginning of built motor M3 performance, keep your pants on and wish him well.
    Hell yes, great to see this getting played with, right behind ya!

    I'm hoping for 7500 redline on my S52 to match that Evo tach, and AA seems game when i'm ready. She'll purr like a panther, just you wait.

    Thanks for the vid Eugene, and please keep the updates coming yes?
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by susan28 Click here to enlarge
    Hell yes, great to see this getting played with, right behind ya!

    I'm hoping for 7500 redline on my S52 to match that Evo tach, and AA seems game when i'm ready. She'll purr like a panther, just you wait.

    Thanks for the vid Eugene, and please keep the updates coming yes?
    I wouldn't be doing 7500rpm with a TS just saying. Plus 1 kool vids OP. Turn up the boost. Let that sucker breath.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    570
    Rep Points
    432.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    yes sirs, more updates to come next week Click here to enlarge
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Points
    526.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    kool
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    685
    Rep Points
    757.3
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    I wish I can tell you guys the CR but I will have to let Gintani do that part.
    maybe you guys can call
    There is nothing wrong with a secret Click here to enlarge

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    8,038
    Rep Points
    5,731.5
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    58


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EUGENE-Taiwan Click here to enlarge
    yes sirs, more updates to come next week Click here to enlarge
    Awesome Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •