Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

ESS supercharged E92 M3 vs. Stock Corvette C6 Z06 vs 2012 GTR

Z06 is stock.
    GTR is a stock 2012, definitely faster than the previous models.
    M3 belongs to DLSJ5

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    lmao @ the mask haha

new gtr pulls on a z06? wow thats impressive

also, M3 didnt look like it did too bad at all, it got a late start and held in there.......seems like this kit leaves the M3 about even with a stock z06, as where the gintani made it pull pretty hard

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Nice races. Those new GT-Rs are very strong, they are no joke. I think I would still take the Z06 though over the GT-R. That car with a few mods is a monster in N/A form, 7.0 Monstrosity.........

BTW LOL!!!! @ the Z06 Driver. Darth Vader FTW!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

so those cars are about 125mph trapping cars yes? that confirms that, and thats @ 7.5 psi and meth for the M3 right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so those cars are about 125mph trapping cars yes? that confirms that, and thats @ 7.5 psi and meth for the M3 right?
    6psi and meth with 360lbs extra in the car for the M3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Nice race with the vetter, still impressed by the GTR. I think they need to do another run with drews m3, I think it would have been pretty even.

I still cant stopthinking about the GTR... its still the same turbos and everything pretty much as the 2010,20100 etc right? its just a tune up from factory or bigger turbos as well
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    6psi and meth with 360lbs extra in the car for the M3
    i thought he went to 7.5 pulley?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i thought he went to 7.5 pulley?
    That was after we got to Vegas, right before the drag event. All these vids were shot on the way to Vegas while he was on the larger 6psi pulley.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Think that was just at the track...
    ...just wierd how bilare got raped by the same z06 and he was running the 600 kit....I guess 20in rims and those gears really made THAT big of a difference?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Nice runs...
    From the dig the '12 GTR would just jump up&say goodbye to all of those cars...I really think this may be the next car in my garage
    Last edited by oldgixxer; 04-27-2011 at 03:19 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    The '12 GT-R is basically an 09-11 with slightly larger intake and exhaust diameters and it is tuned from the factory to make a bit more boost.

This backs up my results regarding the race of my exhaust+tune GT-R slaughtering the ESS M3...

Nice runs, thanks for sharing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ItalianStallion Click here to enlarge
    The '12 GT-R is basically an 09-11 with slightly larger intake and exhaust diameters and it is tuned from the factory to make a bit more boost.

This backs up my results regarding the race of my exhaust+tune GT-R slaughtering the ESS M3...

Nice runs, thanks for sharing.

but this ESS M3 has *same boost, just meth..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

GTR is a beast, definitely worth every penny. Vader mask lol Great vid
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

but this ESS M3 has *same boost, just meth..
    I dont think it would have made a difference...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    I dont think it would have made a difference...
    how so?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Great video, thanks for sharing Click here to enlarge

Wow, so it pulls on the Z06 despite the Z06 being a freakishly light car? Click here to enlarge

Oh and love the Darth Vader Mask Click here to enlarge
    2007 E63 P30
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

how so?
    That ESS M3 coulda been spraying a 100 shot of crack&ItalianStallions GTR would have still laughed at it
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    That ESS M3 coulda been spraying a 100 shot of crack&ItalianStallions GTR would have still laughed at it
    i didnt read it anywhere, but what i gather is that Stallions GTR is equal to the '12 GTR's, and he raped an ESS M3 with it that was running this same boost

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

i didnt read it anywhere, but what i gather is that Stallions GTR is equal to the '12 GTR's, and he raped an ESS M3 with it that was running this same boost
    Yes. The car I raced was stick, though. Also just on 93 octane. So I think it makes sense.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

z06 driver cant shift

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Italian, I dont doubt you walked an ess m3 (especially a 6MT), but I also dont think that this supports your experience either. The Z06 obviously got the jump, and the M3 stayed where it was (it wasnt losing any ground, if anything it would have started gaining if the speeds went higher)...if you go on MFest forum, in a post Drew commented he was like "you shouldnt have started early, nor let off when I started gaining ground or until we went to higher speeds" (something along those lines, not an exact quote at all)......and the '12 GTR barely pulls a car on this C6 Z06, and the the higher the two cars go the Z06 is going to pull (much more displacement out of that V8, rwd vs awd, and is known to trap higher).....also the Z06 is highly driver dependent, I know when I bang through the gears in mine its a hell of a lot quicker than the guy in this video.

If anything a DCT ESS car with the higher output kits will be a good race for your car, but I guess that ESS 6MT was a poor representation. Was it Jamie's 4 door 6MT M3? I remember hearing he had a boost leak because his manifold wasnt tightened all the way.....I wouldnt go to the extent saying youd slaughter an ESS M3 like drews......an exhaust/tune GTR is fast, but its not ridiculous.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

@BroGotTalent LOL ,who told you that?
    Peter Schmeichel was/Is the best, He has %42 clean sheet ratio in the Premier League !!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That mask is win..

and I want a GTR
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Italian, I dont doubt you walked an ess m3 (especially a 6MT), but I also dont think that this supports your experience either. The Z06 obviously got the jump, and the M3 stayed where it was (it wasnt losing any ground, if anything it would have started gaining if the speeds went higher)...if you go on MFest forum, in a post Drew commented he was like "you shouldnt have started early, nor let off when I started gaining ground or until we went to higher speeds" (something along those lines, not an exact quote at all)......and the '12 GTR barely pulls a car on this C6 Z06, and the the higher the two cars go the Z06 is going to pull (much more displacement out of that V8, rwd vs awd, and is known to trap higher).....also the Z06 is highly driver dependent, I know when I bang through the gears in mine its a hell of a lot quicker than the guy in this video.

If anything a DCT ESS car with the higher output kits will be a good race for your car, but I guess that ESS 6MT was a poor representation. Was it Jamie's 4 door 6MT M3? I remember hearing he had a boost leak because his manifold wasnt tightened all the way.....I wouldnt go to the extent saying youd slaughter an ESS M3 like drews......an exhaust/tune GTR is fast, but its not ridiculous.
    Yeah it was Jamie's. I mentioned in many other posts that he was saying that he had an issue with his car and that it wasn't running right top end. Either way, I'm just sharing my experiences. I've challenged other s/c M3 owners to races so I'm still waiting to hear back from them with a date and time. I've also stated that in the past that if everyone is so confident in their supercharged M3's that I will run them for money (just to make it more interesting so this way we are more motivated to win and the drama and energy on the forums gets elevated) since I honestly believe that a very lightly modded GT-R is still faster than a supercharged M3. The turbo M3's are definitely a force to be reckoned with and I am not sure I'd want to run those for money. Maybe from the dig though, I would Click here to enlarge...maybe lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    also, M3 didnt look like it did too bad at all, it got a late start and held in there.......seems like this kit leaves the M3 about even with a stock z06, as where the gintani made it pull pretty hard
    Glad you stayed objective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast