Close

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    254
    Rep Points
    129.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No

    E30 S85 V10 swap build thread

    OK, so we have some vids of that European S85-swapped E30, but here is the one that was done in Virginia by Piper Motorsports:

    http://www.pipermotorsports.com/moredetail.asp?id=146

    And a TON of detailed pics...

    http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4515333

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,833
    Rep Points
    31,570.9
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    E92 suspension plus 5.7 liter V10? Insane.

    Is it completed though?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    254
    Rep Points
    129.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    E92 suspension plus 5.7 liter V10? Insane.

    Is it completed though?
    All those dyno pulls say "yes!"
    Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wow, truly sick! Wouldn't want to meet this guy at the track Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    254
    Rep Points
    129.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DarkPhantom Click here to enlarge
    Wow, truly sick! Wouldn't want to meet this guy at the track Click here to enlarge
    Now just imagine if it was supercharged or better yet...TT.
    Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,833
    Rep Points
    31,570.9
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Turbology Click here to enlarge
    Now just imagine if it was supercharged or better yet...TT.
    Click here to enlarge
    Wasn't somebody working on a TT V10 E30? Maybe it was a TT S62... I remember seeing it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    254
    Rep Points
    129.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Wasn't somebody working on a TT V10 E30? Maybe it was a TT S62... I remember seeing it.
    Ask and ye shall receive.
    Click here to enlarge
    Boost Is Better
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    318
    Rep Points
    399.8
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Okay, so I spent a few days in the DC area working on the Frankenbeemer's successor. We drove the BMW all over the place; probably 3 hours in total, even though there was light snow and salt and the ground. The car's a daily driver and works perfectly. This is the most refined ground-up tuner car I've ever been involved with.

    The sad part is I don't really have video. I just had my iphone on me and was inside the car most of the time. Next time, if anyone in the DC area wants to come out and film it, great. The owner doesn't need to promote the car anymore and I'm not a video guy at all.

    I did post a quick video and picture on my facebook page:

    http://www.facebook.com/apexspeedtec...2.109569965801


    Neel Vasavada
    Apex Speed Technology
    2947 S Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    310.314.2005 (p)
    310.496.0951 (f)
    www.apexspeedtech.com
    info@apexspeedtech.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    819
    Rep Points
    759.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    If I invented FAcebook, I would do this, like every week.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,833
    Rep Points
    31,570.9
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    Okay, so I spent a few days in the DC area working on the Frankenbeemer's successor. We drove the BMW all over the place; probably 3 hours in total, even though there was light snow and salt and the ground. The car's a daily driver and works perfectly. This is the most refined ground-up tuner car I've ever been involved with.

    The sad part is I don't really have video. I just had my iphone on me and was inside the car most of the time. Next time, if anyone in the DC area wants to come out and film it, great. The owner doesn't need to promote the car anymore and I'm not a video guy at all.
    Seems like this swap is becoming more prevalent.

    I just still can't believe the S85 fits in there.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,833
    Rep Points
    31,570.9
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    If I invented FAcebook, I would do this, like every week.
    And I would be right there to mooch off you and document all your builds.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Reputation: Yes | No
    HOLY $#@!!!!!



    Clean build batman!!
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    318
    Rep Points
    399.8
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Seems like this swap is becoming more prevalent.
    Yes, but I have yet to find another one running stock fly-by-wire throttles, 4 cam VANOS, lateral-G activated fuel pumps and idle air control. People keep doing swaps without these things and it kills the midrange performance.

    -Neel
    Neel Vasavada
    Apex Speed Technology
    2947 S Sepulveda Blvd
    Los Angeles, CA 90064
    310.314.2005 (p)
    310.496.0951 (f)
    www.apexspeedtech.com
    info@apexspeedtech.com

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,833
    Rep Points
    31,570.9
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Apex Speed Technology Click here to enlarge
    Yes, but I have yet to find another one running stock fly-by-wire throttles, 4 cam VANOS, lateral-G activated fuel pumps and idle air control. People keep doing swaps without these things and it kills the midrange performance.

    -Neel
    I see, so the pipe swap is the only one that meets all this criteria?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •