Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gauge Choices

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yup. The 350z has gauges located there and its really easy to watch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Does anyone know who makes these dual analogue gauges?
    Click here to enlarge

EDIT: They're Westach. But their site looks like that style is only for diesels. That'd be perfect for the basic pressure/temp stuff, one for oil and one for water.
    Last edited by susan28; 04-26-2011 at 09:24 PM.
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by susan28 Click here to enlarge
    Does anyone know who makes these dual analogue gauges?
    I haven't really seen many gauge setups like that. They seem like they would take time to get used to, at least for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I haven't really seen many gauge setups like that. They seem like they would take time to get used to, at least for me.
    Yes, not good for boost or AFR, just seemed like a good way to get all the temp and pressure gauges (save boost) in a single (analogue) 3-pack and not have to pick and choose. But the configs are limited sadly.
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I have had great customer service/support from Neil at Veisystems regarding gauges.

If I can ever get around to mounting my display again I'll take some pictures, but he made me a custom dual display with no gauge for very cheap. Its digital, but the Vei double displays are also a nice option.

http://www.veisystems.com/v1-instruments.html

If you have any questions, PSI has a great working relationship with VEI and has had a few of the setup he designed for me made.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Bimmerdude Click here to enlarge
    If you have any questions, PSI has a great working relationship with VEI
    I don't know what I didn't suggest it earlier.

Susan, PSI is a great resource as well to try for gauges.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I don't know what I didn't suggest it earlier.

Susan, PSI is a great resource as well to try for gauges.
    Made my decision, got some AEM analogues on the way from AEMOnly (cheapest anywhere, free shipping) and one of those one-piece console bezels from LeatherZ and got some angled bezel rings to point them up and at me. Oil pressure boost and afr, and oil temp in the cluster from the oem euro gauge.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Made my decision, got some AEM analogues on the way from AEMOnly (cheapest anywhere, free shipping) and one of those one-piece console bezels from LeatherZ and got some angled bezel rings to point them up and at me. Oil pressure boost and afr, and oil temp in the cluster from the oem euro gauge.
    Awesome! Post em up when you get them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Awesome! Post em up when you get them.
    Will do.. Marjoleine goes under the knife 5/16 soon as the AA crew gets back from bimmerfest and everything will be arriving in the meanwhile. Also they promise to take nice high-res pics of the whole install, it's gonna be sweet.

So as you know i've got a UK Evo cluster on the way and it's supposed to have some different lights on it besides just having a different tach and oil temp. So i'm wondering if this is a nicer cluster if i shouldn't switch out the tachs to give me my stock tach in the new cluster rather than putting its oil temp gauge in my old one.

I might have to search the web for some pics of the respective clusters lit up to see all the differences though. If you have any such pics/links handy that'd be cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Also they promise to take nice high-res pics of the whole install, it's gonna be sweet.
    Looking forward to it! Do me a favor and kick Omar over there in the balls for me for not responding to my e-mails.

I'll be watching your build thread Susan, make sure you create a new thread for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Looking forward to it! Do me a favor and kick Omar over there in the balls for me for not responding to my e-mails.

I'll be watching your build thread Susan, make sure you create a new thread for it.
    Will do and will do!

They don't seem to be email people. Viral doesn't return mine either. We must remedy this Click here to enlarge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12