Close

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

DLSJ5 makes the switch to ESS - runs meth and 60-130 in 7.4

Surprised? Can't say I am, from a few days ago I called it:

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky
    I see through the smiley face Drew. I see it all coming together. You will contact ESS, say hey give me a deal ($$$ is what is comes down to, right?) and I will promote your kit not to mention say I switched from Gintani, and I know I'm not far off from the truth. I wouldn't be surprised if you have already contacted them with this exact proposal.
    I honestly just want to say congratulations and enjoy it. Finally in the SoCal area there is an owner willing to do runs with an ESS kit and DCT M3. Also great to see someone running meth with the kit.

Manifold looks beautiful, 60-130 was a very solid and strong 7.4

Really looking forward to dyno numbers on 6 psi and meth.

I also am looking forward to running you in the next few months, personally.

The M3 world has been waiting way too long for a direct comparison and I know you and I will be more than happy to provide it, for the benefit of sharing information with the community.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    "If you had to do it again, which kit would you choose?"

^This is what I always wondered, and it seems the ESS guys would choose ESS, and in this case the Gintani guy swapped to ESS.......

......ESS IS the better kit.....and those are very impressive times Drew! Lookin forward to videos/dynos/vbox!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

get some runs done asap! well... when ur car is done Sticky
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    ......ESS IS the better kit
    Please, don't go there, you have no idea what you are talking about.

It is a fantastic kit, they all are, ok? You don't understand the politics at work here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    get some runs done asap! well... when ur car is done Sticky
    Oh, I fully intend to expedite the process as much as humanly possible.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Ess seems the way to go. There's alt of kits out there. Gintani only
    has the build motor option making it somewhat appealing but noones ever seen them. I would get AA. I will have one local soon.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    so shady, LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

4 out of 8 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Please, don't go there, you have no idea what you are talking about.
    I have "no idea" what I'm talking about? I've been researching both kits in depth for well over a year now, I think I do. After not even touching your car for over a year I doubt you even remember what your Gintani kit is really like........just stop because you sound like a $#@!ing idiot saying everyone who likes ESS doesnt know what their talking about

And yeah, there definetly is some underlying politics here...noone is denying that, but im talking about the kit itself, end of story

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Congrats to Drew, what kit did he choose? 7.4 is very nice I wonder how much boost too.

It doesn't really make Gintani look too good though :/ their biggest sponsor car pretty much switched sides. Sticky you gotta get your car back Asap.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Hes on the 575 kit with 6psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    I have "no idea" what I'm talking about? I've been researching both kits in depth for well over a year now, I think I do.
    No you don't, and please don't make this a vs. thread. Why do you do that in every thread? If you think it is the best, good for you.

This is about politics, you don't understand what is taking place behind the scenes, nothing your research would tell you.

After not even touching your car for over a year I doubt you even remember what your Gintani kit is really like........just stop because you sound like a $#@!ing idiot saying everyone who likes ESS doesnt know what their talking about
    I didn't say everyone who likes ESS doesn't know what they are talking about, I said you didn't. And are the insults really necessary? Worry about your own car, neither mine or yours has anything to do with this thread.

And yeah, there definetly is some underlying politics here...noone is denying that,
    No kidding.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't really make Gintani look too good though :/ their biggest sponsor car pretty much switched sides.
    That is what it was designed to do, all planned out.

Sticky you gotta get your car back Asap.
    Oh trust me, this I know.

Congrats to Drew, what kit did he choose? 7.4 is very nice I wonder how much boost too.
    Claimed 6 psi with meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
    so shady, LOL
    You don't know the half of it my friend, but you are smart enough to fill in the blanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    That is what it was designed to do, all planned out.
    All planned out? So ESS snuck under Drew's hood a year ago and started scraping corroded aluminum into his meth lines, waited a few months for the engine to fail, and then prevented Gintani from fixing it for another 7 months? Damn, that AJ sure is one conniving SOB...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Lol. This place should start a tv shows. Drama sells! Lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    All planned out? So ESS snuck under Drew's hood a year ago and started scraping corroded aluminum into his meth lines, waited a few months for the engine to fail, and then prevented Gintani from fixing it for another 7 months? Damn, that AJ sure is one conniving SOB...
    Planned by Drew good sir.

And 7 months, so what? They don't have to cover meth failures, that isn't their business. They did a courtesy which they now regret.

What do you think, S65's are lying around all over the place to just be picked up for the price Drew wants? How about if they said we won't cover you, then what?

Drew didn't even pay retail to begin with, got a huge discount. Then he got his motor covered. Were they supposed to buy a brand new S65 from the dealer for him so he could have it back right away too? They did him a favor. You mod cars, sometimes things happen, you take the risk and deal with the consequences. Everyone expects a bailout.

AJ didn't sneak under the hood, what happened is Drew snuck behind Gintani's back. What, you think this whole thing was completed in the past couple days? Drew had to have contacted them while he was still getting Gintani to cover the motor. They even asked him if he intended to switch as if he would have told him the truth and they would have known they would have never done him the favor he asked for. They did the right thing though anyway, that matters, at least in my eyes.

Now all of a sudden AJ is the world's best tuner.

FORUM POLITICS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Lol. This place should start a tv shows. Drama sells! Lol
    In a way you are right Batta.

No intent for drama though, glad he got it, as now I know an owner who says he will run anyone and so I'm happy in a way.

You said it yourself bro, why should people get things for free when others pay retail? You know what's up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

damn, 575 kit on 6 psi! I want to see some dynos and stuff lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    What, you think this whole thing was completed in the past couple days? Drew had to have contacted them while he was still getting Gintani to cover the motor.
    You're probably right, but ultimately Gintani lost Drew -- ESS didn't steal him away. I'm pretty sure none of this would have happened if Gintani hadn't taken 7 months to repair a failure caused by their own incompetence (uncoated aluminum meth tanks combined with inadequate safeguards) and had been transparent about preventing future failures. Yes, Gintani ultimately did do the right thing, but your confidence as a customer has to be shaken when it takes breaking your silence 6 months after the fact to motivate them into action.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lets see how he fares against some of the cars he already ran

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

You're probably right, but ultimately Gintani lost Drew -- ESS didn't steal him away. I'm pretty sure none of this would have happened if Gintani hadn't taken 7 months to repair a failure caused by their own incompetence (uncoated aluminum meth tanks combined with inadequate safeguards) and had been transparent about preventing future failures. Yes, Gintani ultimately did do the right thing, but your confidence as a customer has to be shaken when it takes breaking your silence 6 months after the fact to motivate them into action.
    It's his business, all good, great kit, they all are.

If Drew is such a genius why didn't he switch his tank out right away? He did 60-130 runs with clogged nozzles. His car, he should monitor it. Gintani can't babysit everyone just like N54 tuners can't be held responsible when users don't follow instructions and blow their motors. He added meth, he should have known the risks.

I'm just pointing out some additional details and saying it isn't about better or worse, there is specifically targeted behind the scenes maneuvering at work and much of it is designed to save one person money at someone else's expense.

when it takes breaking your silence 6 months after the fact to motivate them into action.
    Do you really think that was the case? They were motivated into action the moment it happened and they said we have your back. They didn't sit around debating whether to help, they were steadfast from beginning to end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    interesting....
    im still surprised they even covered the motor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inter1032 Click here to enlarge
    im still surprised they even covered the motor
    EXACTLY. There is a reason they did it, I won't air it. Just people need to understand why if you know that reason why this now looks just soooo bad.

No debate on the quality of the kit, we all know it is a solid option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    congrats to Drew. It doesnt mean anything bad about Gintani...people switch exhausts all the time, why cant they switch SC kits. Big $#@!ing deal.

sidenote: its ridiculous how everybody gives negative rep to any positive comments about ess, or if they say ess is the better kit..kind of stupid imo. Not neg rep worthy..and anyone associate with them will end up not being able to post and this board will become as 1 sides as M3post is towards ESS.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    sidenote: its ridiculous how everybody gives negative rep to any positive comments about ess, or if they say ess is the better kit..kind of stupid imo. Not neg rep worthy..and anyone associate with them will end up not being able to post and this board will become as 1 sides as M3post is towards ESS.
    I don't see it that way. I see someone who called others idiots got neg reps and earned them.

Seems to me plenty of ESS owners get plenty of positive coverage and positive reps. This isn't a Gintani vs. ESS thread.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    congrats to Drew. It doesnt mean anything bad about Gintani...people switch exhausts all the time, why cant they switch SC kits. Big $#@!ing deal.
    Exactly, but you already have people reading too much into saying the ESS kit is better based on it. I would like to see you say something about that bias as well.

Changing parts is exactly as you stated. Just because you changed cars does not mean the GT3 is a bad car.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast