Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I was thinkin about these kind of pullies months ago when we were talking about stage 3 cars and belt slipping. I always wondered why they wont use the cog drive of even test it out!

Sticky, this is another one of the Firsts you have to do lol. Its for the community Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    I was thinkin about these kind of pullies months ago when we were talking about stage 3 cars and belt slipping. I always wondered why they wont use the cog drive of even test it out!
    I have been wondering this same thing.

Sticky, this is another one of the Firsts you have to do lol. Its for the community
    I just want to be educated before I do anything. I have been analyzing a lot of different setups, even considering stroking.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I just want to be educated before I do anything. I have been analyzing a lot of different setups, even considering stroking.
    that is reasonable, but meh will stroking really make that big of a difference? i say slap a big vortech or procharger on that $#@! cog drive it and have it be tuned with less headaches than a big blower stroker motor that hasnt been tuned yet and you'll most likely be the first*

*as far as i know Alex is the first stroker blower for gintani but I dont know much to say about that..
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

that is reasonable, but meh will stroking really make that big of a difference? i say slap a big vortech or procharger on that $#@! cog drive it and have it be tuned with less headaches than a big blower stroker motor that hasnt been tuned yet and you'll most likely be the first*

*as far as i know Alex is the first stroker blower for gintani but I dont know much to say about that..
    Alex is going nuts with his setup, that is his thing.

Some people have told me just to leave the displacement as is and boost the $#@! out of it. I want a big blower on there nothing less than the size of a YSI, that is for damn sure.

Stroking may be more for driveability but if I know me I will also probably add a nitrous setup on top of it so I'm worried if I stroke it if the rods will take it. Heh, I don't want to just be fast, I want to annihilate other BMW's.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Alex is going nuts with his setup, that is his thing.

Some people have told me just to leave the displacement as is and boost the $#@! out of it. I want a big blower on there nothing less than the size of a YSI, that is for damn sure.

Stroking may be more for driveability but if I know me I will also probably add a nitrous setup on top of it so I'm worried if I stroke it if the rods will take it. Heh, I don't want to just be fast, I want to annihilate other BMW's.
    lmao I'm sure you will annihilate a lot of them with any of the set ups you choose. I would just stick to the stock displacement just forge pistons and rods, sleeve the block. you can add nitrous anytime without having to worry, forged and sleeve will make big power safely
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

lmao I'm sure you will annihilate a lot of them with any of the set ups you choose. I would just stick to the stock displacement just forge pistons and rods, sleeve the block. you can add nitrous anytime without having to worry, forged and sleeve will make big power safely
    So no stroking... I'm tempted as they offered me a good deal. Plus, I would spend the money just to stick it to PencilGeek even if I don't need it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

So no stroking... I'm tempted as they offered me a good deal. Plus, I would spend the money just to stick it to PencilGeek even if I don't need it.
    I know what you mean man, Ive been reading all the threads lol it would be a great step, trustttt. I think if you're gonna stroke, just ad cams and nos. (are there any cams for the s65?). otherwise I really think the forged internals with the sleeved block and HIGH boost will be more than sufficient, just make the bore diameter wider instead of stroking too, that will improve a lot.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

otherwise I really think the forged internals with the sleeved block and HIGH boost will be more than sufficient, just make the bore diameter wider instead of stroking too, that will improve a lot.
    I would prefer bore over stroke but we are limited. I am already a mm over I think, can't really go more than that.

We'll see, I need to think but I sort of have an idea. I can't wait Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I would prefer bore over stroke but we are limited. I am already a mm over I think, can't really go more than that.

We'll see, I need to think but I sort of have an idea. I can't wait Click here to enlarge
    yea that really sounds like the ultimate plan you can go with to be safe. I'm in for any new crazy ideas Click here to enlarge

btw, no cams for this car yet? will it even make a difference you think
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

btw, no cams for this car yet? will it even make a difference you think
    Schrick offers two sets of cams but they are not for a forced induction application. I'm not sure if they will make a difference, maybe if I revved higher it would?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Schrick offers two sets of cams but they are not for a forced induction application. I'm not sure if they will make a difference, maybe if I revved higher it would?
    I think you can still use them can't you? it just needs to be tuned for it with the FI i'm guessing. revving higher shouldnt really make a difference. cams just make the valves open more frequently and bigger afaik so with FI it should be a great pair, but i'm prob getting a little too ahead of myself.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I think you can still use them can't you? it just needs to be tuned for it with the FI i'm guessing. revving higher shouldnt really make a difference. cams just make the valves open more frequently and bigger afaik so with FI it should be a great pair, but i'm prob getting a little too ahead of myself.
    I've heard conflicting opinions, some say aggressive NA cams aren't good for forced induction setups. I believe MHP told me that actually.

I don't even know of a single person running those cams anyway. I think cams would be something I would look into last.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

I've heard conflicting opinions, some say aggressive NA cams aren't good for forced induction setups. I believe MHP told me that actually.

I don't even know of a single person running those cams anyway. I think cams would be something I would look into last.
    Yea, for now that should be the least of your worries. I havent heard anybody with cams either lol so pretty much should explain it huh...
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

so what's up ? Cog or not ?
    I say go nuts and add Stroker to your cart.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    so what's up ? Cog or not ?
    I say go nuts and add Stroker to your cart.
    I'm considering it, but I kind of just want to get it done and not further complicate things.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I'm considering it, but I kind of just want to get it done and not further complicate things.
    Hmmm, you are tired and of course you must be.
    you could have done managed things better by sending trans to SSP and car to Gintani, though you would have less time to research and find your engine setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Hmmm, you are tired and of course you must be.
    you could have done managed things better by sending trans to SSP and car to Gintani, though you would have less time to research and find your engine setup.
    That is how it originally was but SSP picked up the car as they said they needed it to properly measure everything.

Motor was pulled and has been completed by Gintani although I am very disappointed they did not document it as I asked them to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Motor was pulled and has been completed by Gintani although I am very disappointed they did not document it as I asked them to.
    I think they live in stone age, they have no idea what is marketing or who is a possible customer.
    e-mailing and contacting them Repeatedly for scheduling a meeting was really a big waste of time for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

I think they live in stone age, they have no idea what is marketing or who is a possible customer.
    e-mailing and contacting them Repeatedly for scheduling a meeting was really a big waste of time for me.
    I'm sorry man, they definitely need to work on this.

How do you think I feel? I spend 10's of thousand and have 0 pictures of my motor build Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

I'm sorry man, they definitely need to work on this.

How do you think I feel? I spend 10's of thousand and have 0 pictures of my motor build Click here to enlarge
    No No man, you didn't anything wrong Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

cog is streetable and the only way to go on anything over 18psi......do a stroker!!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    cog is streetable and the only way to go on anything over 18psi......do a stroker!!!!!!
    Another $5k...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Aggressive NA cams are bad for forced induction.

Two different machines, aggressive NA cams take advantage of fluid inertance (inertial air packing) and scavenging (helmholtz) to overfill the cylinders with air. Forced induction cars dont need to take advantage of this for the most part, so having heavy overlap on your cams with too much duration on a FI car will result in blowing boost out the exhaust and running pig rich.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Another $5k...
    totally worth it....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 600whp S4 Click here to enlarge
    totally worth it....
    We'll see, I kind of just want to wrap it up and if I need more power stroker it later and do the heads.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast