Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 57

Thread: My new baby...

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    177
    Rep Points
    235.1
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Maybe he could keep the extended in mag pouch? Lotta peeps carry them as spares for the Glock sub-compacts. Always better to have more than you need.
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,096
    Rep Points
    31,291.3
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    How the $#@! are you going to conceal that with the extended clip? If it's used at home, it isn't a carry piece.

    If you need more than 5 rounds, you're doing it wrong.
    I see what you are saying. My perspective is that it is easy to change the clip so if you can get one, why not? Might come in handy at home, you never know.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    891
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see what you are saying. My perspective is that it is easy to change the clip so if you can get one, why not? Might come in handy at home, you never know.
    If you have to use it, you shoot to kill, not to injure. If you don't completely take out an assailant, you leave yourself vulnerable to return fire. There's no reason that 5 shots center mass will not put down someone close range. If someone needs to unload an entire mag, chances are they have awful aim or there's going to be way too many entry wounds. If there's 12 rounds found in someone's body, the police are going to ask more questions than 2 or 3.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,096
    Rep Points
    31,291.3
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    313


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    If you have to use it, you shoot to kill, not to injure. If you don't completely take out an assailant, you leave yourself vulnerable to return fire. There's no reason that 5 shots center mass will not put down someone close range. If someone needs to unload an entire mag, chances are they have awful aim or there's going to be way too many entry wounds. If there's 12 rounds found in someone's body, the police are going to ask more questions than 2 or 3.
    I agree with all this, but if you can have extra ammo, it's good right?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    891
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    You'll use it at the range eventually.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Nice, I have a Glock 45 subcompact. Looking at the Kimber Desert Warrior and a Baretta 92fs.
    Get the Kimber. . . no question about it - Second favorite pistol I have.

    He got a P220 dont know too much about guns, but it looks and feels pretty sick in the hand.
    Sig Sauer - great pistol!!!! I have all it's baby brothers, single stack .45's work better for me thoughClick here to enlarge

    What is the point of an extended clip on a carry piece?
    more bullets.

    How the $#@! are you going to conceal that with the extended clip? If it's used at home, it isn't a carry piece
    back up mag. not true. . .why can't a carry piece be used at home?

    If you need more than 5 rounds, you're doing it wrong
    multiple attackers, threats on narcotics, any situation that provides cover for yourself or others, adrenaline, you lose your dominant hand, pepper sprayed, punched in the bridge of your nose, MOVING TARGETS. . .no matter how situationally aware one thinks they are, there is no such thing as perfect situational awareness. Hope for the best, prepare and train for the worse. Honestly, if you have the time, distance and practice to draw, sight and put five .45's into someone then you should have the skill to put a couple in less vital areas (given that a loaded weapon is not pointed in your direction). Most individuals (with significant amounts of practice) cannot put 5 .45's center mass in less than 5 seconds (especially if they're using hot hollow-points in a lightweight compact).
    Last edited by motorkas; 04-18-2011 at 09:56 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    891
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    multiple attackers, threats on narcotics, any situation that provides cover for yourself or others, adrenaline, you lose your dominant hand, pepper sprayed, punched in the bridge of your nose. . .no matter how situationally aware one thinks they are, there is no such thing as perfect situational awareness. Hope for the best, prepare and train for the worse. Honestly, if you have the time, distance and practice to draw, sight and put five .45's into someone then you should have the skill to put a couple in less vital areas (given that a loaded weapon is not pointed in your direction). Most individuals (with significant amounts of practice) cannot put 5 .45's center mass in less than 5 seconds (especially if they're using hot hollow-points in a lightweight compact).
    There is no point to carry if you can't do it effectively. If you carry just to carry and are not properly trained and spend the necessary time at the range, you're barely better than if you're not carrying at all. I live in Texas, where we have favorable gun laws. If I have to pull a pistol, I'm going to use it....and I'm not putting any rounds in non-vital areas. If my life is in danger for whatever reason, someone else is losing theirs.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    There is no point to carry if you can't do it effectively. If you carry just to carry and are not properly trained and spend the necessary time at the range, you're barely better than if you're not carrying at all. I live in Texas, where we have favorable gun laws. If I have to pull a pistol, I'm going to use it....and I'm not putting any rounds in non-vital areas. If my life is in danger for whatever reason, someone else is losing theirs.
    Don't disagree with most of what you said, however, there are different degrees of danger and in the heat of the moment, mistakes can be made ("collateral damage" and "friendly fire" are all nice ways to say "fatal mistakes of innocents who were perceived to be threats"). A hypothetical: If you've had extensive training in hand to hand combat, up to and including how to efficiently end a life. . .should you end a life to defend yourself in a barfight?.
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    891
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by motorkas Click here to enlarge
    Don't disagree with most of what you said, however, there are different degrees of danger and in the heat of the moment, mistakes can be made ("collateral damage" and "friendly fire" are all nice ways to say "fatal mistakes of innocents who were perceived to be threats"). A hypothetical: If you've had extensive training in hand to hand combat, up to and including how to efficiently end a life. . .should you end a life to defend yourself in a barfight?.
    When alcohol is involved things are different. I think you have to properly evaluate things in that situation, especially knowing that said assailant is probably only attacking you due to alcohol inducement. I find it much better to completely avoid any potentially violent situation where alcohol is involved. I don't care how people perceive me for that. Now, concerning your hypothetical...having to use your hands and having to use a firearm are 2 different things. If you have to use your hands, you probably don't need to end someone-s life. We're not talking a military situation here. That being said, if it's your life or someone else's, you make sure you are the one who walks away no matter what.

    I took a really bad beating where it was 5 on 1 about 7 years ago. My ex-wife ran her mouth to a guy who was disrespectful and I had to step in. This happened in the kitchen of someone's home. There were knives within my reach. I could have grabbed one and used it to defend myself, but in that situation, I don't doubt that one of those guys was carrying a weapon, but I also knew that they were not looking to to get locked up for using weapons to attack someone and I didn't want to put mine or my ex-wife's lives in danger to do so. I took some pretty bad licks from those guys until a friend came in to help me, which took about 2 minutes. I looked like hell afterwards, but I walked away without being stabbed or shot. I knew my life wasn't in danger. Do you understand what I mean?

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    135
    Rep Points
    382.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    When alcohol is involved things are different. I think you have to properly evaluate things in that situation, especially knowing that said assailant is probably only attacking you due to alcohol inducement. I find it much better to completely avoid any potentially violent situation where alcohol is involved. I don't care how people perceive me for that. Now, concerning your hypothetical...having to use your hands and having to use a firearm are 2 different things. If you have to use your hands, you probably don't need to end someone-s life. We're not talking a military situation here. That being said, if it's your life or someone else's, you make sure you are the one who walks away no matter what.

    I took a really bad beating where it was 5 on 1 about 7 years ago. My ex-wife ran her mouth to a guy who was disrespectful and I had to step in. This happened in the kitchen of someone's home. There were knives within my reach. I could have grabbed one and used it to defend myself, but in that situation, I don't doubt that one of those guys was carrying a weapon, but I also knew that they were not looking to to get locked up for using weapons to attack someone and I didn't want to put mine or my ex-wife's lives in danger to do so. I took some pretty bad licks from those guys until a friend came in to help me, which took about 2 minutes. I looked like hell afterwards, but I walked away without being stabbed or shot. I knew my life wasn't in danger. Do you understand what I mean?
    Absolutely. . .which, my apologies for taking the in-direct route, was exactly the question I was trying to answer. I took from your previous posts that a confrontation involving firearms was similar to a wild wild west showdown. Rather than assume that was your point of view, throw accusations your way about that being your point of view, I asked a hypothetical to try to find out your point of view. I really do appreciate you taking the time to answer it, and more to the point, the depth of your thought process in dangerous situations (as well as your active avoidance of situations that can lead to them). Needless to say, you and I are in complete agreement (something that I wouldn't have been able to say before your last post).
    Click here to enlarge
    Show: VOSSEN CV3's, CF front lip, trunk spoiler, EuroTeck diffuser, DCT steering wheel, 20% tint, painted grill, ELM (by Marcus)
    Go: Kleemann headers, Kleemann 168 pulley, custom OE tune, CF intake tubes, K&N filters, Eurocharged HE = 11.26 @ 123.7


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5ruiEgZRQ


    Have you ever noticed. . .
    anyone going slower than you is an idiot. . .
    and anyone going faster is a maniac?
    George Carlin

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    891
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Btw, I don't carry. I feel like my day-to-day activities do not put me in that type of danger. The areas in which I travel in my city have a very low number of violent crimes. I don't feel like carrying daily would be much of a benefit. Where I think you might have been confused about my views on firearms is home invasion vs. concealed carry (I apologize for not making the clear distinction earlier). If someone comes into my home, they are only leaving in a body bag. I will not take any chances with my life inside my home. If someone breaks into my home, they are not doing so for tea and crumpets.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,215
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I carry too...
    Click here to enlarge

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The line up Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    I personally wouldnt use an extended clip with a CC weapon, but its good to have it as your secondary. if your carrying, it would probably be worthwhile to also carry a 2nd mag holder on your belt, just my .02

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    891
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That Glock 22 is fantastic. All your pistols are Glocks?

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    actually none of those are mine Click here to enlarge they belong to 2 of my friends, i was testing each to see which one i wanted, i still havent purchased one since NJ is gay and takes me 6-9 months to geta permit thats only supposed to take 30-90 days. But glock 19 is the choice for me, it felt better than all the rest. 9mm is plenty, especially when fired in a hammered pair Click here to enlarge

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    891
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    The 19 is a great lightweight compact. Very popular for concealed carry.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Points
    697.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I have a Glock 19 as well. I really like it and it doesn't break the bank when you go to the range
    Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    70
    Rep Points
    135.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    How the $#@! are you going to conceal that with the extended clip? If it's used at home, it isn't a carry piece. If you need more than 5 rounds, you're doing it wrong.
    It's kind of like horsepower...you can never have too much. You may need as much as you can possibly carry/consceal. What if someone is attacking you from behind cover like a block wall or car. You need to pump as many rounds out as possible and hope something goes through to stop the assult.

    Don't ever count on the ideal situation where you have the opportunity to place well aimed rounds into stationary, uprotected vital areas.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    70
    Rep Points
    135.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    By the way...this is my choice. Walther PPS

    Click here to enlarge
    Only 1 inch thin. Thickness is the best measure of concealibility. We have to be fan's of German engineering....right?

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aquaskr Click here to enlarge
    By the way...this is my choice. Walther PPS

    http://www.bimmerboost.com/images/im...ltherPPS-1.jpg
    Only 1 inch thin. Thickness is the best measure of concealibility. We have to be fan's of German engineering....right?
    thats actually my 2nd choice, but 2x price and noone has one to rent so i can see i actually like it.

    great choice though

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,608
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i would have to agree with yomama on this one.

    If you have 11 rounds and thats not enough 'gun' for you then you are still living in the 1800s thinking everyone else is gonna outgun you.

    I am a member of a few gun forums and although I am very pro 2nd amendment and carry and $#@!, I still think it's ridiculous to hear people on the forum say.

    "I carry a 1911 on the small of my back with +P ammo hollowpoints and I also carry a 357 revolver snub nose in my pants just incase, I hate feeling outgunned!"

    Dude srsly? stfu, when on earth are you gonna use that? And whats the cop gonna say when he sees you with three guns on your person, you were looking for trouble; it's very difficult to get out of self defense killings. There are many grey areas with the law especially when using a firearm with your own judgement.

    It's pretty stupid IMO to carry two or three guns unless you feel absolutely necessary (going to $#@!ing $#@!ville in the middle of rapetown). Even then, I would feel perfectly comfortable with my concealed 9 mm, because if I have to pull it out to shoot I will not be nervous at all; I'll just empty the clip in your forehead and I rarely miss.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hanover, MD
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Points
    697.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    going to $#@!ing $#@!ville in the middle of rapetown
    Ohhhh that got me good. Quote of the month for me and I'm totally finding a way to slide that into conversation today at work
    Click here to enlarge

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    70
    Rep Points
    135.8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    because if I have to pull it out to shoot I will not be nervous at all; I'll just empty the clip in your forehead and I rarely miss.
    Click here to enlarge

    That would make you 1 in a million. Don't fool yourself, Rambo. If you ever find yourself in a bad situation, it is likely you will have been shot or injured by the time you bring your weapon into action. It is also likely that your assailant will have the element of suprise in these situations.

    I agree with your take about the billy-baddasses out there that think they need to pack all of that heat, but you, sir, are a bit overconfident of your potential reaction in a life threatening situation. I'm sure you are a great shot and you do rarely miss...while shooting at paper. But that "I don't miss" philosophy won't work very well for self defense.

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Houses
    Posts
    891
    Rep Points
    386.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Y'all both are watching too many movies. First off, these $#@!ing cop movie shoot out occurrences are very abnormal. It's unlikely that 2 people with weapons both discharge them at each other. The scenario is usually the first to discharge disables. Secondly, if you do have to pull your carry piece in a situation like that, you are not aiming for the head. You'll go center mass like you're taught, because it's a large area and more likely to hit.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    key advice: learn to shoot from your weak/nonfiring hand as often as you shoot from your strong hand

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •