Close

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

5 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by TaZaM3 is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Reading the first page of that 1/4 mile thread it looks as if he was the one who was creating/updating it(at least at the beginning) no?
    In the beginning, he took 6 speeds list and then stopped maintaining it. I took it over and all the updated times are my work like the majority of what he lists without credit.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can go find at least 1k of your posts on this site where you do not mention anything about where the content you are posting came from. And in those cases, you did no work on the content that you posted. You are out of line here, just stop and admit it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    When BB started I put the list together, and gave credit to whom the idea came from and much of the times listed as well and that person is Divexxtreme on 6speed. I also copied his descriptions, structure ,etc., that credit to Divexxtreme / 6speed has since been removed here, the original thread was created by me, that is now under Sticky's name, not mine, but the reality is, as someone pointed out here, I started it. So Joseph, did I get mad at you when you arbitrarily took the list I put together and put it under your screen name as if you took the time to source all these times and build it? Did you give me any credit and keep the REAL inventor's name when you edited the original thread? I copied most of those times from other sources, just as this forum still does, nothing wrong with that. The "slip" portion is not there as a link on M3post so that is misleading here and i agree would be out of line.
    You quit and stopped maintaining the list. That list was created for BB and was BB property. I took what was there, which was basically nothing, and added the majority of the times to it.

We don't copy our times from other sources, which is why every time listed is done manually by me and then I add a link to the slip submitted here, you stole those.

To suggest that it's possible to give credit to everyone you sourced a timeslip or vbox pull from is hardly realistic when you are first starting such a thread, it should also be pointed out much of the BMW 1/4 mile list, was created by Kenny (Spin Spin Sugar), also I can't give BB credit on M3post it is not allowed. Sorry I'm not going to participate in taking sides, I happen to like that forum and most of the forums out there, we simply disagree on that, it does not mean that this type of info should not be shared everywhere. What exactly would I give BB credit for when the idea did not come from this forum, nor much of the times? Many of the times here I collected and put together myself, as an enthusiast I could care less who takes those times and post them elsewhere, it's all about sharing performance results, that was my sole intent, nothing more.
    You lying prick, you copy and pasted our list. I don't care if you like it or not it's wrong to steal our content. This isn't something to disagree about, it's plain wrong.

I'm not asking for credit for the idea, I'm asking for credit for the content you stole. As I proved, you blatantly copied our times even the HPF time that I manually listed as invalid. Don't you get this? You were caught stealing BimmerBoost content.

No other site, 6speed, or anyone else, manually puts in links to the slips or graphs in the time. That is something I take the time to do. Every single entry on the list that has SLIP next to it has been manually entered by me.

You shared the content from here and made it seem like you got it from 6speed, I can't believe you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mo, they don't allow anything on M3post that says "Bimmerboost," I'm not sure if you have been following the history of this but Sticky and M3post are like oil and water. Having said that I don't participate in forum vs forum politics, there are solid enthusiasts who offer a lot on every forum.
    You are doing exactly that by taking our content. You are participating in forum politics by undermining my work and stealing it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Joseph these descriptions (below) that I used on M3post, word for word were taken from Divexxtreme on 6speed, I did not use the descriptions on this forum. However, you are still using my old descriptions that I wrote here on BB, I simply reworded them a bit at the time, but still gave Scott (Divexxtreme) credit for it, because HE invented it, not me or you, so if I had copied that, it was something I actually wrote anyway. So essentially I copied my own description idea about the cars, everything I initially put together on this forum, and yes I took some of the new times that have been posted since and shared them with enthusiasts on another forum.

When comparing the below numbers, please keep in mind that variances in temperature, humidity, track conditions, and driver ability, can all have a significant impact on the data.

For those that don't follow 1/4 mile drag racing; E.T. (Elapsed Time) is primarily a derivative of the launch, while Trap Speed (MPH achieved at the end of the run) is primarily a derivative of the amount of power being put to the ground on that specific track, that specific day. Trap Speed can be used tell you almost exactly how much hp your car is making at the wheels, assuming you use the correct calculations.

If you'd like a BMW run to be added to the list, please provide proof of the run. Only 1/4 mile times from timeslips and/or video (preferably both) will be accepted for this list. No GPS based, datalogger 1/4 mile times will be accepted.

GPS performance data:

*NOTE: The maximum allowed downhill slope over the course of the run is 3.00%. Any run that exceeds 3.00% will not be posted on the list. Please include as much information about the car as possible, i.e. Mods and fuel that was used during the runs, as a reader this is one aspect I've always wanted more info on. Only GPS based, datalogger times from V-box equipment (Drift Box, Performance Box, or V-Box) will be accepted for this list. No extrapolated times from 1/4 mile time-slips. Also, all submitted data must be reviewed for accuracy and approved by a Subject Matter Expert (SME) before the time is posted.

Current SME's are:

As far as the content, meaning what boost, kit, tires etc. I'm pretty confident that started that, the link to a "SLIP" was your idea, I do not have that as an option.
    Drew, did I say something about the descriptions? Focus here, this is what I'm talking about:

11.68 @ 121.80 MPH 60' 1.68 (Irishace) 135i, AT, JB3 2.0 15ohm, DPs, FMIC, DCI, Perf Exhaust, CMGS Meth, DRs, MS109 Race Gas, SLIP
    11.77 @ 117.30 MPH 60' 1.64 (yandyr) 135i, Procede V4, ER FMIC, ER charge pipe, secondary cats cut, Meth, DCI, Race Gas, SLIP
    Those are copy pasted from BimmerBoost without any mention of BimmerBoost and you make it seem like you took them from 6speed or had something to do with them.

You had nothing to do with those times as they were entered by me MONTHS after you quit updating the list. Those times took place after you quit maintaining it, so how can you claim they are yours? They aren't. Those belong to BimmerBoost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    I can go find at least 1k of your posts on this site where you do not mention anything about where the content you are posting came from. And in those cases, you did no work on the content that you posted. You are out of line here, just stop and admit it.
    I'm not out of line in the least.

I make sure to link to sources especially when it is questionable content. This is a blatant case of stealing BimmerBoost content to give to a competitor.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, Sticky, calm the F down. You didn't create or think of that list in ANY way to begin with.
    I'm not going to calm down. He needs to edit out all content that is uniquely BimmerBoost's as I stated and proved he copied.

He doesn't even give credit to BB, how is that ok with you?

You might feel differently if you worked your ass off only for someone to take your work and make it seem like it belonged to someone else.

I did create all the updates with descriptions, I didn't take them from anyone. If he wants to post the list he created, he should do that, not the one I did.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    As I pointed out there is no "slip" link on the M3post list, I think it's a great idea, but it's not active. Yes I copied times from this list, just as I did when I initially made this list on BB. As far as that list goes that you referenced, I added the one's in BOLD, about half of them, where is my credit for that? Do you see how preposterous this is?
    You have credit in the original thread. This isn't preposterous, use YOUR times that you copied. DO NOT USE mine I created manually without my permission or giving credit.

Yes, you copied BB's list, lied about it, and didn't have the balls to give credit to the proper source. It's despicable and I have lost all respect for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    I just dont see what the big deal is? I know sticky gets alot of his info for threads he creates here from many BMW sites and specially the bimmerpost ones without crediting them and that's cool as maybe I would have missed some of that info. Just don't flip out when it happens the other way around.
    I never use BimmerPost content, I make it a point not to. They have used mine on several occasions.

He stole my work and made it seem like it came from 6speed, period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Appreciate the support guys, as I said no malice was intended whatsoever toward Joseph and his forum, some of the comments here are preposterous / laughable, it's a list of times that are already out there in the universe for everyone to source.
    Incorrect, some of the times were already listed on other sites. Our times are our own, you have no right to them and they were not already "out in the universe" please remove all unique content taken from BimmerBoost especially since you won't acknowledge the source.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
    What an $#@!... Get a life drew
    Exactly, or at least put in the effort to do it yourself and not take my work. Wow, what a class act Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Karo Click here to enlarge
    That's cold, atleast give credit
    Drew would rather give someone who will never give BB credit BB content. He knows how hard I work at this and for him to just give it away and act like it comes from somewhere else because he doesn't have integrity? Unbelievable.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I happen to agree to some degree with Sticky on this one, and that in and of itself doesn't necessarily happen all the time. It seems little like a high school kid forgetting to cite a piece of information that's not an original thought in an essay, his intentions weren't necessarily ill, but it's still an unethical violation of intellectual property. I know not nearly enough of the two parties to make a call about Drew's intentions, however, what he did is certainly wrong and in Sticky's situation I would certainly be pissed off. I'm honestly more than surprised that so many people don't see it the same way.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nickr519 Click here to enlarge
    I happen to agree to some degree with Sticky on this one, and that in and of itself doesn't necessarily happen all the time. It seems little like a high school kid forgetting to cite a piece of information that's not an original thought in an essay, his intentions weren't necessarily ill, but it's still an unethical violation of intellectual property. I know not nearly enough of the two parties to make a call about Drew's intentions, however, what he did is certainly wrong and in Sticky's situation I would certainly be pissed off. I'm honestly more than surprised that so many people don't see it the same way.
    Other people don't see it this way because they simply don't get it. I'm not upset about another list. I'm upset about the content I manually have entered simply copy and pasted. I was the source for entering those times on the list, nobody else. He does not cite BimmerBoost as the source yet admits taking it. The original list was a hollow shell of what it is now. If he wants to post that list up, that is fine. He should not be posting up BimmerBoost content by copy and pasting it and not even having the honor or integrity to mention where he got it because he is too scared.

If people spent untold hours manually putting in times into their proper place while contacting owners to get descriptions and linking to the slips to make sure it was all correct they might feel differently.

It is in no way correct to take my work, which I put considerable time into, and give it to M3post. Drew clearly has no respect for this site or my effort and cares more about his little online persona. If he wants to share a list, he is free to do that, but not with my work and content especially without credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In that case, you should go through and delete all the data that you didn't personally add. That would be most of the list Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drew, you could just edit your post on m3post to say that you and sticky and whomever else collaborated to collect the data, which is hosted on BB.com with links to the slips. That way everyone gets the credit they deserve. I think this is the best solution to the problem.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    In that case, you should go through and delete all the data that you didn't personally add. That would be most of the list Click here to enlarge
    It would not be most of the list as the list has grown by leaps and bounds from the little 6speed list Drew stole (habitual?) and it still does not change the fact Drew stole BB content without giving credit and made it appear it came from somewhere else, correct?

Also, 6peed and Divexx are given credit for the original list copy/pasted by Drew. From that point forward, all changes have been made manually and if you compare the 6speed list to ours you will see just how different they are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
    Drew, you could just edit your post on m3post to say that you and sticky and whomever else collaborated to collect the data, which is hosted on BB.com with links to the slips. That way everyone gets the credit they deserve. I think this is the best solution to the problem.
    This is an acceptable solution even though we did not collaborate on all the updates I made but Drew is too big of a pussy and should have given credit to begin with. What he did was blatantly wrong, Drew isn't the nice guy he portrays himself as. He is out for himself, period, and doesn't respect the work of others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It would not be most of the list as the list has grown by leaps and bounds from the little 6speed list Drew stole (habitual?) and it still does not change the fact Drew stole BB content without giving credit and made it appear it came from somewhere else, correct?

Also, 6peed and Divexx are given credit for the original list copy/pasted by Drew. From that point forward, all changes have been made manually and if you compare the 6speed list to ours you will see just how different they are.
    Wait, he stole it, yet he gave credit to where they came from? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Crap my name isn't on this list. lol
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wait, he stole it, yet he gave credit to where they came from? Click here to enlarge
    Wait, he did the same thing on M3post, right? Except he gave credit to the wrong source.

Is it ok to take content from A and B and source A as the source for everything? No.

I made sure to point out BB cites where it came from, Drew does not and has stolen and lied.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Crap my name isn't on this list. lol
    I didn't add your time because you didn't post in the 1/4 mile thread, but I will if you want. As in, I will have to manually add it in and wait for Drew to steal it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Are you actually serious? This is not complicated stuff, taught almost exclusively in high school and some in college. You use facts that aren't YOUR OWN ORIGINAL THOUGHT, you cite the source, AS STICKY DID on his own list.
    Losing faith in humanity here.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Sticky, I got to say I think your approach to this is wrong. You shouldn't just blast him in public, you should of gone to him directly and discussed it. The name calling and accusations are extreme. I know Drew pretty well, and Ive seen the way he has dealt with many situations pretty fairly and honestly.

You 2 should of just handled it in private, Im sure if you had told him that you didnt want him to take the info you had personally collected and took the time to input, he would have respected your wishes. I dont know if that will still work, as you have called him a liar and thief. If 2 people are fair and understanding they can usually come to an agreement.

I would also like to say I understand your frustration as I see the time and effort you put into the site. And I know the other sites block you and its very understandable you dont want them to have info that you collected. Many of us love this site, and the way its run.
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast